Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Attacks

(PSN)thegarada

I was trying to make a build around heavy attacks, not involving status. I though Fragor prime would be ideal (2x multiplayer + 40% criti damage), but it did not work well. I used all the mods that could make it work. Primed Pressure Point, Umbra steel, corrupted charge, killing blow, ammalgham organ shatterer + some other damage or atk speed mods . I needed like ~4 hits to kill ~level 100. There was room to double the damage. But compared to regular melee setup, this was an order of magnitude weaker. I tried with Gram prime with even worse results.

Does anyone have heavy attacks setup that does not involve stats effects?

This kills level 100 Corpus Techs in one hit, and level 100 Grineer Bombards in about 4 hits.  This is just an example with no Forma, so it could obviously be improved with a stronger elemental mod and something nice in the last space.

iVWlzCt.png

The thing about Grineer is a level 100 Bombard has over 95% damage reduction, meaning you only do about 5% of your potential damage to them.  If you're not doing something to reduce or bypass that armor value then you need to do stupid amounts of damage to kill them.  Setting them on fire, using corrosive projection, or armor-damaging attacks first in general let you kill them in less hits using this setup, but in most cases making the weapon itself also bypass/reduce their armor (via status) is faster.

You could also consider similar build with something like a Nikana, Rapier, or Dagger, as their force bleed procs on the heavy hits mean armored enemies will die after a few seconds anyways.

4 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I was trying to make a build around heavy attacks, not involving status.

You won't get far without status at this point.
At lvl 100 a Corrupted Bombard has over 96% DR with slightly over 1.1m eHP. At lvl 110 he already has over 1.6m eHP.

• Like 2

Ok, this is my build. I use it for the Nikana Prime, but can be used with fragor prime (but Nikana still better, as have guaranteed slash proc with heavy attack... SUPER slash proc xD).

fnGLkPW.jpg

Yes, Berserk affects to heavy attack speed. But if u want even more punch u can put Gladiator Might.

With that build into a Nikana Prime, u can kill pretty much everything in one hit (if dont die from the hitm will die from the slash proc).

GG and hf 🙂

Edited by Gaxxian

if you are going to have a heavy attack build, you may as well have life strike for survivalbility.

basic mods are killing blow and pressure point / sacrificial pressure. range is always useful for both building a combo multiplier and area of effect.

you have to pick between quickening and corrupted charge. corrupted charge instantly gives you 2x combo multiplier but decreases your combo duration. quickening helps you build that multiplier faster, it does not decrease your combo duration, and it increases your melee attack speed (including heavy attack melee speed), thus i think quickening is the better pick. dont care about building combos? berserk is always an option.

also keep in mind that critical chance is multiplied even more so with heavy melee attacks. applying a critical chance mod would be helpful. either blood rush or true steel / sacrificial steel. if you dont want to take your time building up combo multiplier, i'd go with true steel/sacrificial steel.

i know what you said about status, but at this point in time, all builds require it. armor scaling basically demands it. corrosive is always the go-to option. focus energy can be useful because of combo efficiency bonus. you wont loose so much combo count and you get an electric stat. of course a normal electric stat mod is an option. combine either with a poison stat mod.

but if you still really want to make a build without stats, you would have two more slots to fill in.

Edited by MysticDragonMage

19 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

I was trying to make a build around heavy attacks, not involving status. I though Fragor prime would be ideal (2x multiplayer + 40% criti damage), but it did not work well. I used all the mods that could make it work. Primed Pressure Point, Umbra steel, corrupted charge, killing blow, ammalgham organ shatterer + some other damage or atk speed mods . I needed like ~4 hits to kill ~level 100. There was room to double the damage. But compared to regular melee setup, this was an order of magnitude weaker. I tried with Gram prime with even worse results.

Does anyone have heavy attacks setup that does not involve stats effects?

Six figure red crits, before typing something obtuse about the riven, probably look up the key words that define it.

EPll1.jpg