Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You Playing Us, De?

notionphil

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but I just realized something...

There is no way anyone who has spent more than 10hrs playing Warframe could release Galatine, or soma with little or no mastery rank and no gameplay/grind lock, and not realize that it would totally devalue the overwhelming array of the existing arsenal.

I love this game and want nothing but it's success. To that end I gave DE the benefit of the doubt and assumed they were busy/overworked and simply made an oversight with the Soma. However after seeing the livestreams lack of urgency about the mastery fix and then following it up with the Galatine, an even more egregious example of best-in-slot gear that is trivially easy to obtain and has little restriction.... I knew something intentional was at work. No one makes a huge mistake, quasi apologizes and then follows it up with a worse mistake....

...Unless they are playing you.

Could it be that DE is releasing extremely powerful weapons with low/no mastery rank so that the overwhelming majority of low rank starter accounts can instantly plat purchase top tier on/above the level of clan tech/primes? Clan/primes aren't plat buyable bc "no pay2win". Platinum purchases of these new OP weapons will be far greater if they have no mastery rank - which could be why DE's "fixes" to the rank take so long to materialize.

Why turn off a revenue stream as it's in mid flow, right? Once they slow down, or more OP gear is released, mastery will be applied. However, the damage to the game's ecosystem has been done. Slash and burn design at its finest.

It's not exactly pay2win but its a clever way to get around it. Sad to have figured this out.

Edited by notionphil

hmm de is planning to upps the rank requirment for soma so dont worry

Yes my post references that. They are "planning" it. Why not just do it now it's a tiny fix. BC they want to sell more Somas for plat. As long as ppl are buying it for plat they won't fix it. Which was why they released it at the wrong rank in the first place, so starter accounts could buy it for plat.

Yes my post references that. They are "planning" it. Why not just do it now it's a tiny fix. BC they want to sell more Somas for plat. As long as ppl are buying it for plat they won't fix it. Which was why they released it at the wrong rank in the first place, so starter accounts could buy it for plat.

Um you can buy the soma blueprint. It costs credits

Edited by TheDrift

its stupid to launch a hotfix with only that as the fix* ever considered that? 

besides how could you know, do you even know how to do it?

just wait abit more.

Edited by Fammia

Soma really isn't that good, runs out of ammo too quickly.

You can think that. The Soma still deals the most damage of all rifles. Same with the Galatine. Regardless of what anyone thinks, on a purely statistical level, they are the best weapons in their slots.

No true noob would bother with the Galatine anyways.

Besides, Balancing for skill, guys.

then you mustv not used the right build. 

Its op thats why it needs its rank req to go up.

its stupid to launch a hotfix with only that as the fix* ever considered that? 

besides how could you know, do you even know how to do it?

Yes I do know how to do it and have dev credits on 3 gold PC titles. There have been numerous hot fixes since the last live stream when they said it was incorrect mastery rank. Why would the fix take so long when it's obvious that soma is becoming the most popular rifle in game. If it were your game wouldn't you fix it immediately, unless...

You made $ off of it being broken.

Galatine is fine and all, but it's so slow I'd much rather take several other melee weapons over it.

Most of the time my sentinel blows away my target before I'm done charging.

That just means you're playing on low level content and/or haven't modded it properly.

Clearly a mastery 3 weapon with pz crafting requirements is worth spending 265 plat.  If people want to waste money, more power to them.

ammo restores are cheap ~ adding a ammo mustation to the soma makes it's economy much better so...yea 

I'm glad it's getting it's tier raised ~ 

I have not used the Galatine before, but I hear it's very powerful 

You give up damage when you have to use ammo mutation.  I'd rather use lanka/ogris or if I'm using volt, supra/synapse.  Which does say something since  those are all clan tech weapons :|

Yes I do know how to do it and have dev credits on 3 gold PC titles. There have been numerous hot fixes since the last live stream when they said it was incorrect mastery rank. Why would the fix take so long when it's obvious that soma is becoming the most popular rifle in game. If it were your game wouldn't you fix it immediately, unless...

You made $ off of it being broken.

Love it when devs have the gall to anonymously talk S#&$ about other dev's games :|

Edited by Aggh

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but I just realized something...

There is no way anyone who has spent more than 10hrs playing Warframe could release Galatine, or soma with little or no mastery rank and no gameplay/grind lock, and not realize that it would totally devalue the overwhelming array of the existing arsenal.

I forgot which DE said this in live stream 14: They are already looking at all melee weapons to make them viable.

I doubt they made Galatine for the current game and I would say it a safe bet it is already* balanced for armor 2.0 and the weapons changes. They are doing a balance pass of every weapons anyway(I do not care if you believe Scott when he said that) and it is heavily implied that a roll out of changes will come out that will be similar to update 7x.

Edited by LazyKnight

That just means you're playing on low level content and/or haven't modded it properly.

Clearly a mastery 3 weapon with pz crafting requirements is worth spending 265 plat.  If people want to waste money, more power to them.

You give up damage when you have to use ammo mutation.  I'd rather use lanka/ogris or if I'm using volt, supra/synapse.  Which does say something since  those are all clan tech weapons :|

Love it when "devs" have the gall to anonymously talk S#&$ about other dev's games :|

I didn't say I was an awesome dev, or made badass games. I am simply illustrating that I know that a mastery fix is easy.

My games sucked. Google 'extreme street luge racing'.

My critique is not from a game devs perspective, note that not being in the OP at all. It's from the perspective of a player that loves warframe and really hopes it doesn't go down in flames bc of short term profiteering that destabilizes the games economy.

No true noob would bother with the Galatine anyways.

Besides, Balancing for skill, guys.

This. These weapons are amazing but new players simply don't have the mods to maximize their potential. If you start a new account and try to play, you'll realize how much harder it is now to get anywhere damage wise.

Considering that the Miter was total garbage when released and was plat only for a good 3-5 days, I'd say that there's a counterpoint to what you're implying.

Good point, I hope I am wrong.

However, why not fix the mastery on soma and Galatine immediately then?