Molten Impact 6 (11)
North Wind 11
[F:v] Killing Blow 6 (11)
[F:-] Rending Strike 5 (9)
[F:v] Focus Energy 5 (9)
Melee Channel 7

as you can see I'm going with charge-attack only

here's my  first question:

1) I heard that Galatine does crit ALOT when using charge-attacks (and yes I've seen alot of red numbers...)

so i want to know how much critical chance % there is? (for normal swigns and charged swings)

because if the critical chance is at least 20%

another question is:

2) Should I be using this build:

Reflex Coil 4 (7)
Sundering Strike 7
True Steel 9
Organ Shatter 9
North Wind 11

(I swapped Melee Channel& Molten Impact out and replaced it with TrueSteel&Organ Shatter)

---------

Thank you for all advises!

13 answers to this question

Pretty sure the elemental mods are pointless since they don't scale with crit.

Personally I use: Killing Blow, Rendering Strike, Reach, True Steel, Focus Energy, Reflex Coil, Organ Shatter, Sundering Strike

Are you sure they don't scale with crit? I've seen a lot of people say they do. I might have to rethink some of my builds if that's the case

Reflex Coil

Killing Blow

Focus Energy

Rending Strike

Fury

Sundering Strike

True Steel

Organ Shatter

(I'm not good with melee mod names)

^ This is the best build you can put on it, after a couple of Forma. And I've fixed it with the proper names ;)

The crit chance with a maxed True Steel should be of 40%.

^ This is the best build you can put on it, after a couple of Forma. And I've fixed it with the proper names ;)

The crit chance with a maxed True Steel should be of 40%.

Why Fury o.o? (it just helps the charged swings..a bit?)

shoudln't you add more damage say like... Melee Channel? (or maybe North Wind, just to slow things down incase it's not gone in one hit.... or other damage mods like elemental mods)

Nope, cause elemental mods don't scale with crit and Meele Channel is just for standard attack, not charged ones and this is why we have Killing Blow ;)

All the other mods are a must for this weapon in a charge build; the standard charge time is pretty slow and damage very high, so better focus on these two points.

Also, with that build you'll have 2 mods that add AP damage and one that add electric damage. Trust me, elemental mods are not required here, you have to build a weapon with a crit that does K of damage!

Fury speeds everything, both standard and charge attacks.

WHOT o_O"!? for real!? Melee Channel doesn't affect CHARGE attacks @_@"!? (sorry for caps... surprised -.-")

Nope, cause elemental mods don't scale with crit and Meele Channel is just for standard attack, not charged ones and this is why we have Killing Blow ;)

All the other mods are a must for this weapon in a charge build; the standard charge time is pretty slow and damage very high, so better focus on these two points.

Also, with that build you'll have 2 mods that add AP damage and one that add electric damage. Trust me, elemental mods are not required here, you have to build a weapon with a crit that does K of damage!

Fury speeds everything, both standard and charge attacks.

So this is not up to date?
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_Channel
"Upon striking an enemy, all of the stored energy will be discharged. The strike can be a normal strike, slide attack, or charge attack"

Also, for fury
(well...wiki again)
"This mod also affects charge attacks, but only the swing animation portion of the attack. The initial charge delay is unaffected. In order to speed up the entire charge attack, combine Fury with Reflex Coil."

so well... I won't ever use this weapon with normal swings (that's why i removed Pressure Point) since it has very low base (normal swing) damage :/
and it only sped up the "swing" animation part... abit

shouldn't I ok, no elemental mods, but say like Smite mods?

and it only sped up the "swing" animation part... abit

shouldn't I ok, no elemental mods, but say like Smite mods?

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish, and what playstyle you want to have.

I like to chain charge attacks together because I run Trinity with Bless + Link.

You may want more burst (Bane mods) if you run Ash or Saryn, or Cold Damage if you're trying to slow them down while attacking as Rhino or Frost.

Reflex Coil 4 (7)

Sundering Strike 7

True Steel 9

Organ Shatter 9

North Wind 11

---------

Thank you for all advises!

^^ This, 20% chance and 200% damage on charge.

Edit: I didn't notice you didn't have Fury, so do as Arch and Sira said (remove North Wind for Fury).

Edited by JukeBoxx831