Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How warframe has been for me lately

Lazarow

It seems that the developers of the game carry out updates to new content which is good, but they do not pay attention to older content that is not well done. Dont get me wrong they do fix the content but months later. Liches is a good example to start as its fresh, I have seen a lot not liking them because of the stupid grind+RNG and mastery lock behind 5 forma per weapon, thats bad, really bad. Now liches are not fun to do and most likely be fixed in the future when the players get use to it and the hype goes cold so they make them easier, way easier, so people come to do them. An example of making content easier so players pay attention to it is PoE arcanes not require crafting, it was a good change but it left some player a sour taste because they spent a lot of time and resources to craft them and they didnt get compensation, so I imagine something similar would happen with the forma right now where something else or less forma is goign to be used to 'limit-break' from level 30 up to 40. 

With every update they add new pointless resources just to give us a reason to go an do some boring stuff to build the new items, its annoying. I can understand PoE and OV ores but the rest after that are just why? Like I have a few million of every common resource from planets and why do I do with those? They are used in newer recepies but still why add new ones? Maybe 1-2 new per update is okay but more than that is really not needed. "What to do with my 2 million Nano-spores?"

Since the developers like dropping an update and not reading feedback on the update that just dropped, and instead of fixing and making changes that the community asks for and a lot support the idea that was suggested the developers make new content and ignore the issue at hand. Steve confirmed this by saying on stream that liches are not their focus, but the community is clearly not pleased with how the system currently is.

Another major problem is that the developers are so frustrating as they are clearly missing what the deffinition of difficult/end-game content is, they see end-game as insane grinds not difficult to kill enemies that also give us a chance to fight them, Im also not saying give us a level 500 bombard that one shots us.

Lack of story quests is also a disappointment to me, the main story is not done and its bad for a game, especially when the game has been out for more than 5 years on top of that  a single story quest per year is awefully poor. "But cinematic quests take time." true, but so does railjack and 5 years should be mroe than enough to know what to do with a games story. "But they added the Leverian" the leverian should have been a thing long ago and now its just an excuse to not make main story quests and we have only 3 entries which are 2 new frames and atlas, where are the classic frames liek excalibur and mag and volt they are one of the most important frames in the game yet they dont have one.

• Like 3

I have a few million of every common resource from planets actually explains still why add new ones.  These are meant as a gate.   Slowing us down is the point, and wouldn't work if it required resources we already have millions of. 

Creating difficult/end-game content is going to be difficult, simply because there's a wide variety of players - and what is acceptable end-game content to one player is not at all guaranteed to be acceptable end-game content to another.  For example, I'd suggest grinding actually is the most appropriate end-game content for Warframe as it stands now, as the body of the game right up until the end-point is built around grinding.  Making endgame content that isn't largely based on the content that comes before it is bad form.

Can you really blame them for not doing much story quest?  They tend to have a very bad payoff for how much effort they take to make.  They spend six months making the quest, half of us are done with it in 30 minutes (or more likely, done with the first part in 30 minutes, complaining about waiting while we craft whatever we need for part 2, and so forth, done in a grand total of two hours actual play time.  And after the initial rush through the content is done, it is all up on youtube and provides near zero motivation to play.  It just doesn't make business sense.

32 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Lack of story quests is also a disappointment to me, the main story is not done and its bad for a game, especially when the game has been out for more than 5 years on top of that  a single story quest per year is awefully poor. "But cinematic quests take time." true, but so does railjack and 5 years should be mroe than enough to know what to do with a games story. "But they added the Leverian" the leverian should have been a thing long ago and now its just an excuse to not make main story quests and we have only 3 entries which are 2 new frames and atlas, where are the classic frames liek excalibur and mag and volt they are one of the most important frames in the game yet they dont have one.

I still want to know Garuda's story. They should have someone going back and making Leverian displays and "tours" for every Warframe so that it doesn't become just another half-hearted "feature."

Hmm, I got 25 million nanospores rotting away in my inventory without purpose, just saying. I agree with your points, though. Currently processing my 9th lich (I'm on console, mind you), got my 4th duplicate in a row and I'm already feeling worn out by the system, mainly due to the fact, that the third whisper takes way longer to complete than the first two. Why make the last one more tedious to complete? There is already enoug RNG involved in the system (duplicates, random bonus rolls, ephemera), that you need to spend a significant amount of time anyway, if you want to have all weapons with proper stats, even with trading. The same goes for certain drops (I'm looking at you, War blade and Braton Vandal Bp). Some items are locked behind abysmally low drop rates or multiple RNG walls (low drop rates in big loot pools), that running the activity once again feels like a waste of time after a while, if I could spend the time running fissure missions instead, sell the stuff and buy those missing items for plat. I don't mind grinding for stuff, but the correlation between time investment and reward propability needs to be incentivicing enough to do so and for certain items in this game it definitely is not, so I simply gave up on them and the corresponding activities (e.g. elite sanctuary). Another point is left behind content. It took almost a year of constant content drought until Fortuna was finished and what now? A gorgeously looking but empty open world filled with interesting locations that have no purpose at all. The same boring bounty structure from PoE, that everyone was totally burnt out from after two intensive months of grinding to fulfil the ridiculously high material requirements for arcanes and all the other stuff, but this time with even bigger lootpools and therefore even lower drop rates... And what about the third orb mother? Still deep diving in one of the coolant ponds until eternity...

5 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Can you really blame them for not doing much story quest?  They tend to have a very bad payoff for how much effort they take to make.  They spend six months making the quest, half of us are done with it in 30 minutes (or more likely, done with the first part in 30 minutes, complaining about waiting while we craft whatever we need for part 2, and so forth, done in a grand total of two hours actual play time.  And after the initial rush through the content is done, it is all up on youtube and provides near zero motivation to play.  It just doesn't make business sense.

For me a good game is a game that has a good story, makes you feel like you are a part of the world of the game and that what you are doing means something to the world. Currently when I go on warframe I feel like a mindless drone grinding endlessly and only thing that makes me feel like Im a part of the world of warframe is when lotus pops up telling me what to do but we dont know why we are doing it. Example would be when on defense like whos in the cryopod, or exterminate mission why do we kill them like what do they know or maybe they are about to do something its a plain kill it because I say so, or spy like what kind of intel is inside of them, . Some okay explanation are capture and survival we know why we are doing it but still lacks information. Disruption is okay but its just a petty reason to just go-in-for-the-loot reason. Rescue is also okayish as its just a tenno operative, but this is where a problem rises, we dont see operatives helping us in usual missions we just see them get captured for doing who knows what and we only know they are present in relay and dojo helping as maintenance workers. There are just holes in the design of the world its like they dont want you to feel like you are a part just give minimal reasons and we do it