Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....that's it?

Ephemiel

The almighty Empyrean, which used to be mentioned to be almost an expansion, is out and it's nothing more than flying around grabbing resources and meh dogfights?

No connection to anything yet, apparently no quest DURING Empyrean when the lead-up to it was [and it was also ridiculously stupid to constantly have people wait 12 hours for everything to be done], no actual difference in anything we do? This doesn't feel like the patch we were told this would be for almost 2 years, it feels like a completely normal buggy patch with no connection to the actual game.

• Like 6

It's the base for the story going forward and as stated above there are still more left to come. Besides that this is something that those who were left with nothing to do after raids actually have a fun co-op oriented gamemode that requires a team.

Personally I love it. Been playing with randoms, with friends, it's great fun.

• Like 6

Yeah, this is it.
As much as people say that there's another part, you can't possibly believe railjack will transform into some sort of meaningful gameplay when that comes out. You do bad dogfights, grind all the intrinsics, spend ages picking up the loot and that's pretty much it.

Enjoy the chaos for as long as it's mildly interesting, there's no actual gameplay, let alone challenge, to be found here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Guys, this has been teased since Tennocon 2017, you CANNOT simply use the excuse of "it's the base lol" at this point.

Actually they can.

It's kind of in the same vein as being pregnant. First you have to have a partner to help start it, then you have to wait a number of months while getting things ready and seeing an expert to tell you things are going along well, and then you have the delivery and starting the real process of raising a child in the world.

TennoCon was the reveal of the baby coming.

Parts 1, 2, and 3 are getting the community of players ready to play once the REAL reason for it arrives. This is all still prep and getting ready for what will be the long game of Empy. Gotta go through the hiccups and barfs, changing of things and learning what works and doesn't.

....or just keep complaining about something as most on Forums do....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Yeah, this is it.
As much as people say that there's another part, you can't possibly believe railjack will transform into some sort of meaningful gameplay when that comes out. You do bad dogfights, grind all the intrinsics, spend ages picking up the loot and that's pretty much it.

Enjoy the chaos for as long as it's mildly interesting, there's no actual gameplay, let alone challenge, to be found here.

It doesn't have to transform into anything when it already has a co-op oriented gameplay that requires teamwork.

But I guess people have already forgotten how raids were, grinding over and over again the same puzzles, same boss fight, only to get something which AT THE TIME everyone shrugged off because it didn't add anything meaningful to the gameplay. The gameplay of... mindlessly grinding mission after mission. But once they removed raids came the feedback that raids were actually good and something core to the game. Even if it was only played by a small portion of the community. Suddenly everyone played raids as soon as it was removed.

Empyrean is bringing that back. The teamwork. Something that's more than sitting in a corner while Saryn, Mesa, Mirage, Equinox or any of the other frames deal with. But if you don't like it feel free to go back to defending a point for 5 hours.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

It doesn't have to transform into anything when it already has a co-op oriented gameplay that requires teamwork.

But I guess people have already forgotten how raids were, grinding over and over again the same puzzles, same boss fight, only to get something which AT THE TIME everyone shrugged off because it didn't add anything meaningful to the gameplay. The gameplay of... mindlessly grinding mission after mission. But once they removed raids came the feedback that raids were actually good and something core to the game. Even if it was only played by a small portion of the community. Suddenly everyone played raids as soon as it was removed.

Empyrean is bringing that back. The teamwork. Something that's more than sitting in a corner while Saryn, Mesa, Mirage, Equinox or any of the other frames deal with. But if you don't like it feel free to go back to defending a point for 5 hours.

Not everyone said raids were good. The raid players said raids were good. If Empyrean is truly meant to be a raid, then DE should just come out and call it that and market it as a niche game mode for a niche player base (because that's what raids are). If they want this to be the future of all of their upcoming content, then they need to make major changes to it. A raid-style game mode being the foundation of their future content will not go well for them.

2 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

Your argument is that eventually it won't seem that bad, once people play it after having left it alone for months or years?

That's terrible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

Your argument is that eventually it won't seem that bad, once people play it after having left it alone for months or years?

That's terrible.

Not at all. It will be a grindfest like everything else in this game. But at least it has more to it. Eventually everything you play over and over again is grindy.

I brought up raids because I feel Empyrean has a lot of similarities to it. People thought raids were pointless with no rewards to the main game, raids were rarely played, removed, then suddenly it somehow became good content that's missed.

Empyrean is at the point raids were.

Honestly, I don't even know why I peeked at the forums. People complain about content droughts, then about the content not fitting, or co-op only, or too easy, or too hard, nobody plays games for fun anymore.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

Not at all. It will be a grindfest like everything else in this game. But at least it has more to it. Eventually everything you play over and over again is grindy.

I brought up raids because I feel Empyrean has a lot of similarities to it. People thought raids were pointless with no rewards to the main game, raids were rarely played, removed, then suddenly it somehow became good content that's missed.

Empyrean is at the point raids were.

Honestly, I don't even know why I peeked at the forums. People complain about content droughts, then about the content not fitting, or co-op only, or too easy, or too hard, nobody plays games for fun anymore.

Raids were challenging though, edge of your seat decision making and narrow escapes. This is just flashy gameplay.

Seems to me you're more interested in defending the developer.

Honestly with the way things are going so far I'm glad they only released as much content as they did. I'd rather have them release small portions of new content over time so that they can test it out and fix the problems as opposed to releasing one massive expansion that is damn near unplayable due to all of the bugs. If they gave us more like you're asking for, there is a higher chance of it being a complete buggy mess based on what we've experienced so far. Anyhow, it's still a fun game mode that can keep you occupied and gives you something else to do in the meantime until even more new content drops. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smilomaniac said:

Raids were challenging though, edge of your seat decision making and narrow escapes. This is just flashy gameplay.

Seems to me you're more interested in defending the developer.

LOL, in what world were raids challenging? Ask anyone that played it, or that group who finished it with pure Ashes, it was on the level of a sortie nowadays.

Sorry, I must have forgotten Empyrean has a reverse progression and Earth has the hardest node to beat.

But if you want challenge I saw a few threads complaining that it's too hard, you can probably have a conversation with them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

People complain about content droughts, then about the content not fitting, or co-op only, or too easy, or too hard, nobody plays games for fun anymore.

Preach it brother! It’s impossible to make everyone happy. Just sit back and watch the world burn. That’s what I do, and what keeps me coming back to the forums. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kraxah said:

LOL, in what world were raids challenging? Ask anyone that played it, or that group who finished it with pure Ashes, it was on the level of a sortie nowadays.

Sorry, I must have forgotten Empyrean has a reverse progression and Earth has the hardest node to beat.

But if you want challenge I saw a few threads complaining that it's too hard, you can probably have a conversation with them.

I'm sorry did you buy your account? Or do you play with meta loadouts only? Or maybe you don't play with anyone who doesn't know how to do the content and have to guide them through it.

No, Raids were not hardcore content that you could just barely beat, but they weren't easy, especially if you had half a team of people who tried it for their first time, y'know, doing actual clan activities?

I'm sure you understand what relative difficulty is, but in case you don't, let me spell out my point: Railjack is comparatively speaking in no way near as engaging or difficults as the raids were, despite how non-challenging you found those to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Actually they can.

Sure, anyone can say whatever they want (within forum rules, I guess). But when someone says "you can't say that", the unstated second part is "without sounding ridiculous". So yes, they can say that, but with the implied consequence.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kraxah said:

nobody plays games for fun anymore.

Developers don't do that either, they do it to milk people as much as possible.

You know why people don't "play games for fun" anymore? Because a developer's idea of fun in recent years is "grind, pay us and enjoy the bugs".

Just like the multiple new "modes" added to this game, Empyrean feels like someone at DE played Guns Of Icarus and decided to throw it in a half-assed way into Warframe, just like they did with the Kuva Liches basing them poorly on Shadow of Mordor/War's Nemesis System.

Edited by Ephemiel

2 minutes ago, Smilomaniac said:

I'm sorry did you buy your account? Or do you play with meta loadouts only? Or maybe you don't play with anyone who doesn't know how to do the content and have to guide them through it.

No, Raids were not hardcore content that you could just barely beat, but they weren't easy, especially if you had half a team of people who tried it for their first time, y'know, doing actual clan activities?

I'm sure you understand what relative difficulty is, but in case you don't, let me spell out my point: Railjack is comparatively speaking in no way near as engaging or difficults as the raids were, despite how non-challenging you found those to be.

Considering raids were mandatory at least 4 player I did play with others, including friends who thought it was too daunting and showed them through the ropes, had a fun time.

Just like Empyrean. Get a group of 4 together and focus on teamwork. I don't get why it's so difficult to understand that. I have a feeling due to you having to set up a party properly because there was no matchmaking for raids it felt like it had much more to it. Joining a random group of 4 with no communication, yes, that's terrible, that's not how it's meant to be played, especially I imagine further down the line when it gets more and more difficult.