Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....that's it?

Ephemiel

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Ephemiel:

The almighty Empyrean, which used to be mentioned to be almost an expansion, is out and it's nothing more than flying around grabbing resources and meh dogfights?

C'mon you can also extinguish fires and managing resources ... awesome. 

You just have to wait for the next stage when Corpus with knockdown ability enter your railjack. That will make the fire exinguish so much more entertaining.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ty91 said:

But this has been the go to answer from this community for years, take a break from the game because burnout is a real thing, have you ever heard any other gaming community tell you this?

FF14 and that's about it.

FF14 is also commonly cited for having little to actually do once you get to the endgame.

3 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

Empyrean feels like someone at DE played Guns Of Icarus and decided to throw it in a half-assed way into Warframe, just like they did with the Kuva Liches basing them poorly on Shadow of Mordor/War's Nemesis System

Archwing is a worse Strike Vector.

Conclave is a worse Tribes.

Frame Fighter is a worse Street Fighter.

Lunaro is a worse Rocket League.

K-drives are a worse Tony Hawk.

Playing some other game and then adding a crappy rip-off of it into WF is what DE have been doing for years. I do wish they didn't, but it's nothing new.

5 hours ago, trst said:

It's phase two of three and we were told multiple times that many features wouldn't be shipping with it initially.

part 3 will become part 3 of 4. 

Part 4 will become part 4 of 5. 

Until the next part is forgotten and abandoned just as the 3rd orb in Orb Vallis has been. Because the community just doesn't like it and stops playing it to go back to resource grinding on tilesets.

Edited by Fire2box

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

FF14 is also commonly cited for having little to actually do once you get to the endgame

Usually because the endgame of FF14 is the raids, especially the harder versions like the Ultimates. Plus the fact new raids always have a lockout where you can only loot ONE piece of gear per week [and you can loot ANY piece of gear, including ones you can't use,by accident and it'll count]

Edited by Ephemiel

Just now, Ephemiel said:

Usually because the endgame of FF14 is the raids, especially the harder versions like the Ultimates.

That's what I'm talking about, aside from the weekly runs of Extreme trials and raids most people don't really have much of a reason to log in.

Similar to Warframe's problem is the joke that Glamour is endgame, like how the joke is that Fashion Frame is endgame over here.

They even have a Warframe-esque grind from Stormblood's Eureka segments, which are in no uncertain terms XP farming slogs for gear.

The same problem affects both games, the high-end players consume the content at a rate that development could never keep up with and then complain that there isn't anything to do.

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

aside from the weekly runs of Extreme trials and raids most people don't really have much of a reason to log in.

Almost like the Extreme Trials, Raids and Ultimate Raids ARE the endgame and the point is to DO them [which most people don't].

Please don't compare that to the dumpster fire that DE has been feeding us here for year.

5 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

Raids were challenging though, edge of your seat decision making and narrow escapes. This is just flashy gameplay.

Seems to me you're more interested in defending the developer.

"seems to me you're more interested in defending the developer".... err what? 

Seems to me you're just a bit bitter, why on earth is that even a rational statement here "defending the developer" as if its some how a horrible thing to talk positively about the people who make the game you play - which by the way you choose to do.

Just because your opinion is that the content is bad that doesn't unequivocally make the opposite opinion to yours incorrect nor irrelevant, your opinion is just that - "Opinion". It is not a fact. Remember that.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Almost like the Extreme Trials, Raids and Ultimate Raids ARE the endgame and the point is to DO them [which most people don't].

Please don't compare that to the dumpster fire that DE has been feeding us here for year.

I've played FF14 dude, I had more fun screwing around with my friends than raiding, though I have done raiding too with said friends, (not ultimates, but those are done by like...2 percent of the entire playerbase tops) and I can say it is the exact same issue of content consumption being faster than development. As well as the same issue of players running the same content over and over again for minor rewards.

It is also the same suggestion that people give when people have "done everything" for both games, take a break.

If it is fun then more power to players to do what they like, but no matter where they stop in any live service game, people will run out of things to do, several of my friends who still play ran completely out of active content to do towards when Shadowbringers dropped and stopped doing anything other than logging in for their houses, much like how people will just log in for a daily tribute in Warframe.

The content of the game may not be the same, but the problems they face still are.

Edited by Aldain

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I can say it is the exact same issue of content consumption being faster than development.

Actually finishing the endgame and wanting more is NOT the same as there being nothing, being drip-fed hour-long content and then being told to wait months for the next drip.

I suggest you start realizing that.

11 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Endgame you can only get rewards from once a week. At least in Warframe, I can continue going after rewards each day.

5 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Actually finishing the endgame and wanting more is NOT the same as there being nothing, being drip-fed hour-long content and then being told to wait months for the next drip.

You mean the exact same thing that happens multiple times once players have all the gear they want from raids in ff14?

Because it takes time for those tiers to drop, and once they do the previous gear is often rendered useless/superfluous by Tomestone vendors.

I'm well aware of FF14's gameplay loop, and how to make players stay subbed longer they have weekly rollovers for currency and raid drops, which much like resource grinding in Warframe, only serves to lend artificial length to content that is (by the diehard raiders especially) solved in a few days tops.

I realize the differences, but I am also painfully aware of the similarities and faults of both.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Archwing is a worse Strike Vector.

Conclave is a worse Tribes.

Frame Fighter is a worse Street Fighter.

Lunaro is a worse Rocket League.

K-drives are a worse Tony Hawk.

Playing some other game and then adding a crappy rip-off of it into WF is what DE have been doing for years. I do wish they didn't, but it's nothing new.

The cherry on top is that each thing you mentioned, to this day, remain half baked - hated by the majority of players, and serve to do nothing to further the core gameplay experience.  They're just fruitless side excursions.  

This had been DE's way for a while... and it's sad... instead of sticking to what worked when starting the game, they want to innovate - and cool, I get that, but they should be innovating in the confines of the core game still... Empyrean was frankly an unnecessary road for the game to take.  

Obviously we don't have Empyrean on console yet, but it was pretty obvious form the get go it would be another thing we enjoy for 2 weeks and then permanently shelve, along with open worlds and all the other fiscally expensive and resource intensive developments DE has waste time committing to.  I'll play it for the mastery, then I won't touch it again, meh.  

I have alot of hope that New War will be the first real content we have in a long time that truly ties back to core gameplay.  Liches kind of do - but they don't do it well.  

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

You mean the exact same thing that happens multiple times once players have all the gear they want from raids in ff14?

Oh yeah, that thing that happens AFTER they grind it and this is after tons of wipes on the harder ones.

You keep trying to compare apples to oranges, kinda funny to see how you keep failing.

Just now, Ephemiel said:

You keep trying to compare apples to oranges, kinda funny to see how you keep failing.

I find it more funny how you keep dancing around the issue that live service games have the commonality of the playerbase completing content faster than it can be developed.

Which is the whole issue that this line of discussion hinges upon in the first place.

Really though, why are you arguing with me anyway? Did me talking about FF14 strike a nerve or something? Because FF14 is a good game, but it isn't without flaws, no game is.

14 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

You mean the game with zero endgame for years? Yes, do keep telling me how "at least in Warframe" you can do something.

Omega Savage put me to sleep, and Eden Savage isnt much better.

Copied Factory is... fun, but aside from the weekly coin, I have everything I want from it already.

Never been a fan of the pvp, so the new changes do nothing for me.

So yeah, "at least in Warframe" I still have reasons to log in more then once a week.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

The cherry on top is that each thing you mentioned, to this day, remain half baked - hated by the majority of players, and serve to do nothing to further the core gameplay experience.  They're just fruitless side excursions.  

This had been DE's way for a while... and it's sad... instead of sticking to what worked when starting the game, they want to innovate - and cool, I get that, but they should be innovating in the confines of the core game still... Empyrean was frankly an unnecessary road for the game to take.

I agree to an extent, but I have to admit I am enjoying railjack far more than any of the other side games. It does actually enhance the core gameplay, at least if you're willing to consider archwing part of that. DE clearly do, they've taken several stabs at integrating it better with normal WF gameplay (Jordas assasinate, Jordas trial even more so, Uranus tileset, some of the quest missions on the Kuva Fortress, skywing, all attempts to bring the two game modes closer together and allow you to go from one to the other). IMO railjack is by far the most seamless and successful of these attempts, and I'm quite excited about the potential of it.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ephemiel said:

Yeah, fights literally designed to keep you engaged and paying attention "put you to sleep".

Well done googling the names.

It's the same attacks in the same order. You and the party stand in the same places each run. It's a choreographed dance. It's fun the first couple of times, especially if you're running it blind, but after that. It just becomes another weekly clear to check off the list.

It's not engaging, its muscle memory.

One of the problems that comes with new content like Empyrean is a lot of the core features that is a major part of our grind in Warframe is not currently implemented, but it seems like it might be in the future. Void Fissures are something VITAL to our grind, same with the Sortie. Once Empyrean gets dug in and has both of those attached, it will be much better for the longevity of the game. Variety is the spice of life as they say.

You guys are just too good. I've played for years, first PC, then PS4 and finally Xbox one. I'm just an ok player. I played with family and friends until they finally had enough. I've never gotten to MR15. Bummer. I watch others play and read the bragging rights and I just shake my head. I have to admit I am both envious and intimidated. Mostly intimidated. That's why this time around I have been playing solo. I want to play in a squad but when I have there hasn't been much patience. I am handicapped so I'm not as fast as most and my reflexes are slower as well. Though a lot of the time you wouldn't notice, depending on the mission.

To me the game is hard and with the Kuva Lich they turned on "Nightmare" mode. I feel kinda lost. I would like the "Easy" button please. I can't kill mine so he just mouths off at me all the time. I'm just not able to do missions that require a squad either.

The game is a grind but I don't mind it if the reward is good. I wish they would have made a quest for every Warframe. Lately it feels like they are just having babies. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I like the Warframes.

I can both complain and praise DE. I don't think I'm in their good grace atm. TBH I absolutely love this game but I hate the constant change. I wish they would add content, something new, a new race. Add an open world on each planet. Introduce new Warframes via quests. I do like that they add improvements and graphics. 

If you go through the forums it's really easy to tell you simply can't please everyone. I'm part of that problem as well. 

Sometimes I wonder if everyone was stoned in the boiler room lol.

It definitely has some issues. All in all it's a great game. 

• Like 1