Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.....that's it?

Ephemiel

I am unimpressed after playing through earth. Players will stop saying "teamwork" and such when they realize that pretty much all 30 missions are the same. Teamwork wont matter when you get tired of the lack of variety. I havent played them all so maybe im wrong but all of earth is the same. Either you shoot cores and ships. Or you hack terminals, exit the ship, shoot cores, and do that twice more. 

The one big boi missions was that but plus an underwhelming exterminate. They should have put liches in this and shipped it all together. Or something. 

Il y a 8 heures, Kraxah a dit :

nobody plays games for fun anymore.

Problem's that Empyrean is not fun. Not even a bit, if you're not a masochist. Especially for solo-players who just don't have any friends or time for forming a constant party for such sh*tty co-op experience, based on RNG loot, like it's some kind of space Diablo. That's not what warframe always was, and Empyrean as it is for now just has nothing to do here. 

I love this update and I find it fun. The best thing is that there will be more to play later. I get that a lot of people don't like it but there are also a lot of people that enjoy it. Reminder, archwing sucked for at least 2 years before it was where it's at now.

I was expecting some slow paced long grind activities, and buggy at launch. And I was proven to be right.

The only unknown element was the high initial difficulty, and imho that's a bad move. The beginning is difficult, and after a few upgrades it becomes way easier.... they really have to re-work their gameplay to make it "easy to learn / hard to master", instead.

10 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

The almighty Empyrean, which used to be mentioned to be almost an expansion, is out and it's nothing more than flying around grabbing resources and meh dogfights?

The almighty [insert title here], which used to be mentioned to be [insert descriptive here] is out and it's nothing more than [verb relevant to gameplay] and [common activity performed in-game]?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ephemiel said:

The almighty Empyrean, which used to be mentioned to be almost an expansion, is out and it's nothing more than flying around grabbing resources and meh dogfights?

No connection to anything yet, apparently no quest DURING Empyrean when the lead-up to it was [and it was also ridiculously stupid to constantly have people wait 12 hours for everything to be done], no actual difference in anything we do? This doesn't feel like the patch we were told this would be for almost 2 years, it feels like a completely normal buggy patch with no connection to the actual game.

Wow, salt much?  Its the most fun I've had with a new Warframe content in years!  So can I politely ask what triggered your salt levels so badly that you just felt the need to take a colossal dump on the game?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Urulai said:

Wow, salt much?  Its the most fun I've had with a new Warframe content in years!  So can I politely ask what triggered your salt levels so badly that you just felt the need to take a colossal dump on the game?

Can i politely ask how much is DE paying you?

12 hours ago, Zakual said:

"seems to me you're more interested in defending the developer".... err what? 

Seems to me you're just a bit bitter, why on earth is that even a rational statement here "defending the developer" as if its some how a horrible thing to talk positively about the people who make the game you play - which by the way you choose to do.

Just because your opinion is that the content is bad that doesn't unequivocally make the opposite opinion to yours incorrect nor irrelevant, your opinion is just that - "Opinion". It is not a fact. Remember that.

Defending the developer is pointless. The game mode is objectively bad for dozens of reasons. Opinion has little to do with it, apart from people being more interested in arguing opposition than seeing what's right in front of them.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Actually they can.

It's kind of in the same vein as being pregnant. First you have to have a partner to help start it, then you have to wait a number of months while getting things ready and seeing an expert to tell you things are going along well, and then you have the delivery and starting the real process of raising a child in the world.

TennoCon was the reveal of the baby coming.

Parts 1, 2, and 3 are getting the community of players ready to play once the REAL reason for it arrives. This is all still prep and getting ready for what will be the long game of Empy. Gotta go through the hiccups and barfs, changing of things and learning what works and doesn't.

....or just keep complaining about something as most on Forums do....

I think i just lost brain cells from reading your post.

There is no connection as of yet. There will be. Its a huge game mode they aproach with small steps trying to get things right. To build something big you need tools.

I am happy they took longer more stable aproach, checking what we like, on which parts to focus more and which to better scrap or redo. 

I for once dont want something like lunaro all over again, tons of dev time, no one plays it. They have a vision of their game and this wont change, but this time they clearly are trying to convince us to the system, try to find something that we will like and have fun with and works with their vision. Thats how i see railjack alpha state as of now and how they aproach it. 

We want to be a part of this game, we care (thus writing) and want to get certain things to our liking, now its that time when constructive feedback is most crucial. There is no reality where they abandon railjack, its just to huge. We as community can show them a direction that is most fun for us with this system and maybe after few months we will have something we will love to play. I already like it. 

23 hours ago, The_Mustachio said:

Preach it brother! It’s impossible to make everyone happy. Just sit back and watch the world burn. That’s what I do, and what keeps me coming back to the forums. 

There will always be whiners, sadly -- and there's nothing we can do about it. Other than to sit and laugh.

Il y a 17 heures, SordidDreams a dit :

I agree to an extent, but I have to admit I am enjoying railjack far more than any of the other side games. It does actually enhance the core gameplay, at least if you're willing to consider archwing part of that. 

I do not consider it part of that.

I enjoy the addition, but it feels too detached from the rest of the game. I can not do it....and that doesn't seem to affect me. I can do it and, apart from being entertaining for a while.....what do I get out of it for my warframe and character progression. At least I can pull out an archwing or archgun on a ground mission or to scout the open world areas....the ship may as well not exist.

33 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

the ship may as well not exist.

That's the conclusion I'm coming to. I do really like the seamless integration of archwing and WF gameplay. Jump out of your ship, fly to an enemy ship in archwing while blowing up some fighters, jump in, run around killing and looting, jump out, fly back to your ship, select a new mission, jump out again.... I love that there are no loading screens anywhere in that process. Loading still happens, of course, but it kinda happens outside your ship, you retain control of your character the entire time and it ends up feeling much more seamless and immersive than regular old WF loading screens.

The only problem in the above is that "your ship" is this clunky hunk of junk that you have to babysit and/or park at the edge of the map where it won't draw aggro. It should've just been your regular landing craft, turning on its void cloak the moment you jump out of it and effectively disappearing from the mission. Then this whole thing would've been a true enhancement to classic Warframe, after quite a few previous attempts finally bringing its two disparate game modes together in a functional whole. Instead, we get this crappy Guns of Icarus rip-off... *sigh*

Edited by SordidDreams

On 2019-12-13 at 3:06 PM, Ephemiel said:

This doesn't feel like the patch we were told this would be for almost 2 years

To be fair, it's not all done yet. This is just the foundation for all Railjack content to come.

On 2019-12-13 at 3:06 PM, Ephemiel said:

nothing more than flying around grabbing resources and meh dogfight

How many missions in have you gone? There's more than just dogfighting.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb DrakeWurrum:

To be fair, it's not all done yet. This is just the foundation for all Railjack content to come.

i mean, how often shall we defend DE with this? I mean we're still waiting for the 3 Orb Fight, still waiting for a lot of QoL fixes, still waiting for an ESO Rework, Still waiting for fixing Melee 3.0 bugs etc.

Le 14/12/2019 à 13:59, (XB1)CrayCraySkipper a dit :

The game is a grind but I don't mind it if the reward is good. I wish they would have made a quest for every Warframe. 

One of the main issue. I don't care so much about second dream kind of quest, it just feels like forced storytelling that don't fit the game so well and operator is a bad idea, but I will love to have more stories around the frames themselves with special ambiances and kind of mission like for Harrow and Mirage for exemple.

Stop throwing new frame at us without in game context and actual link to the gameplay ! Story around frame means more attachment and will to play it. And it will help to build the world little by little at a natural pace.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

This has sorta been the drill for seven years now...content releases on PC in a buggy mess, they hot fix the hell out of it, and then it hits the consoles, and then maybe two or three passes happen adding additional content...and then nothing...unless you're paying attention to the dev notes every new update and patch where they put out a laundry list of fixes under the hood...

Then about a year from now it's purring like a kitten, everyone is happy, and they decide its time to crash that party with the Nerf Cops and changes to everything..

Then we all get to enjoy the forums for its true purposes in life....complaining...

Don't blanche, it's therapeutic for a lot souls on here and Twitter.... 

On 2019-12-14 at 12:41 AM, CodeUltimate said:

I always knew railjack would be a failure xd. I just want better rewards for endurance runs and that's enough for me to make me play more of this game. 8v

Considering how I personally believe that the endurance runs (the multiple hour long ones) are the most mind-numbingly boring and pointless things you could in this game, and with your time in general, there is no surprise that our opinion on Railjack differs as well.

So far Empyrean was awesome for me, finally something different. One of my friends who stopped playing ages ago actually got interested in playing this because it wasn't just more of the same.