Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empryean is Good, but has some real Scaling Problems even in the earlygame.

Mattyrogue

So, before we begin, let me just say, I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on Empryean and Railjack.

Hands-down, it's probably the least broken expansion 17 hours after launch and that I can appreciate greatly. It's actually possible to play, even in short stints with a dedicated squad, and public play isn't an instant death sentence...

...But by god is the Railjack a squishy thing even on the starting nodes. I hear the name of the game is to start ranking up your Avionics and Grid ASAP and stack armour + health, but that still ain't getting around the fact that Crew Ships seem to one-shot Archwings with near-unmissable flak projectiles, and three-shot Railjacks straight into Hull Breach territory. I dunno if damage scaling was set to MAX from the beginning, but there is a definite feeling of attrition in those early nodes which gets worse and worse as you go higher through Earth with only your Base Railjack Equipment.

And when you consider these are the nodes you're supposed to be gaining experience and learning the gameplay loops as well as getting your basic Intrinsics and Avionics Upgrades, it's damn harsh. You literally have to have one or two people aboard just to fend off the constant hull breaching, and a friend popping in and out of Archwing to deal with fighter swarms while not trying to get one-shot. I've had a few occasions myself now where as host, we'd had to abort mission because the Crew Ships one-shot me seconds after the revive invulnerability was up and as early into the Railjack game as we were, the only safe way to board a Crewship without a guaranteed revive cost was to Archwing Cannon aboard (something, being the pilot, I lacked the Intrinsics to do, as my team constantly dealt with the frustration of the Crewships ethereal blockers)

And can we talk about Pustrels and their reward scaling? Like, genuinely, I think I have more Isos than I do this illusive resource, and I need 1.5k of it for virtually any upgrade that isn't the base variant, I've been playing for a good five or six hours today and I've yet to even break the 1.5k barrier to crafting entry once when it comes to Pustrels (let alone the 2.5k required to repair the House Variants I've received), while Titanium is literally becoming the new Alloy Plate in my inventory.

18 minutes ago, Mattyrogue said:

So, before we begin, let me just say, I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on Empryean and Railjack.

Hands-down, it's probably the least broken expansion 17 hours after launch and that I can appreciate greatly. It's actually possible to play, even in short stints with a dedicated squad, and public play isn't an instant death sentence...

...But by god is the Railjack a squishy thing even on the starting nodes. I hear the name of the game is to start ranking up your Avionics and Grid ASAP and stack armour + health, but that still ain't getting around the fact that Crew Ships seem to one-shot Archwings with near-unmissable flak projectiles, and three-shot Railjacks straight into Hull Breach territory. I dunno if damage scaling was set to MAX from the beginning, but there is a definite feeling of attrition in those early nodes which gets worse and worse as you go higher through Earth with only your Base Railjack Equipment.

And when you consider these are the nodes you're supposed to be gaining experience and learning the gameplay loops as well as getting your basic Intrinsics and Avionics Upgrades, it's damn harsh. You literally have to have one or two people aboard just to fend off the constant hull breaching, and a friend popping in and out of Archwing to deal with fighter swarms while not trying to get one-shot. I've had a few occasions myself now where as host, we'd had to abort mission because the Crew Ships one-shot me seconds after the revive invulnerability was up and as early into the Railjack game as we were, the only safe way to board a Crewship without a guaranteed revive cost was to Archwing Cannon aboard (something, being the pilot, I lacked the Intrinsics to do, as my team constantly dealt with the frustration of the Crewships ethereal blockers)

And can we talk about Pustrels and their reward scaling? Like, genuinely, I think I have more Isos than I do this illusive resource, and I need 1.5k of it for virtually any upgrade that isn't the base variant, I've been playing for a good five or six hours today and I've yet to even break the 1.5k barrier to crafting entry once when it comes to Pustrels (let alone the 2.5k required to repair the House Variants I've received), while Titanium is literally becoming the new Alloy Plate in my inventory.

Considering just how much Pustrels are needed, DE needs to do three things: 1) Make them drop more, 2) Provide another way of acquiring them besides mining and Empyrean missions, and 3) Give players the option to purchase them (I don't care about those who whine about MTX).

Also, this should be in Feedback. DE doesn't read General Discussion.

Edited by TheGildedOni

Add in there the insanity that is mopping up the mission drops and containers... I love they put large numbers of resource breakables... but completely undone by the effort involved having to tool about getting them unless your squad is inherently knowledgeable about them to start with and willing to hop into AW and knock out the map or reasonable search area. Would love to see having to gather "drops" in space go bye bye, but we all know Steve loves people running about picking up items (that given the distances in RJ/AW are a pain in the butt to spot at times)

DE over-tuned things and underestimated the fragility of the base Railjack to the point where the idea strategy is to park behind a meteor and play Archwing instead.

This is not a good thing.

As for Pustrels it almost is easier to go onto PoE and mine them supposedly, which is another questionable thing.

Edited by Aldain