Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack fails on Day 1

Caine2112

12 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

Secondly, the WHOLE concept of manually repairing the ship with the omni tool is a colossal chore that should never have been even place on the design board.  In an age of truly advanced technology, did the cephalons forget how to operate an automated repair system???  Get rid of this terrible omni tool idea and implement an automated repair system.  I'm fine if the Engineer needs to keep omnigel (or whatever it's called) supplied, but FFS get rid of manual repairs.

sounds like you're just lazy

12 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

Or at the very least, have these no-name NPCs do it.  Isn't that the point of having NPC crew anyways?

are you unfamiliar with something called "Aesthetics"?

I solo and will always only solo. I guess this game isn't for me anymore. it has been 100% (i quit when raids existed because they're lame and for mmos and I have played enough of those, this is not an mmo)  and then I came back and solo'd  everything else. There should npc crew members like star trek online helping out. That game was more fun at this point. And don't bother responding, you'll never convince me of your gotta group, got to add more people i don't want in my life to play a game I play for fun. not to socialize or feel some sense of teamwork together. I get that from my real job and side projects as an artist. I don't want it or have time for it in warframe of all games.

Edited by ShimmerDoll

14 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

Well, playing the first lowliest level mission is brutally difficult even in a squad

Not really. You just had stupid people who didn't know what to do.

Which, lacking a tutorial, isn't their fault.

I breezed through the first... 5 missions? With random people joining and leaving, and only a little bit of communication which basically amounted to "Hey, does anybody want the pilot seat?"

6 minutes ago, ShimmerDoll said:

I solo and will always only solo. I guess this game isn't for me anymore.

I usually play solo as well, but I still group up for fissures, eidolons, and orb hunts. Now I group up for railjack. So I have to ask... why so stubborn on this?

I used to play WoW. And Wildstar. And GW1 and GW2. I still play FFXIV casually. I used to play LoL and Overwatch and HotS.

So believe me, I get worries of toxic players. I now refuse to play PvP games because of it. I have never experienced that problem in Warframe. I had a fun time with the groups in railjack so far. The only issue being when players fall through the map, or doors won't open for them (which is a host/client issue).

I don't think the group experience in Warframe is in a place that really calls for rejecting all group play.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShimmerDoll said:

I solo and will always only solo. I guess this game isn't for me anymore. it has been 100% (i quit when raids existed because they're lame and for mmos and I have played enough of those, this is not an mmo)  and then I came back and solo'd  everything else. There should npc crew members like star trek online helping out. That game was more fun at this point. And don't bother responding, you'll never convince me of your gotta group, got to add more people i don't want in my life to play a game I play for fun. not to socialize or feel some sense of teamwork together. I get that from my real job and side projects as an artist. I don't want it or have time for it in warframe of all games.

More solo Railjack features will come with the crew system. Right now we're kinda winging it.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Kalvorax:

simple, DE doesn't have the hundreds of thousands of players to TEST THE GAME. They are a small company. Its a damn good thing they can pump out hotfixes based on PLAYER feedback as quick as they can (consoles not withstanding ofc, but they DO get a more polished version due to PC player's TESTING things and breaking things on purpose (or accident)

They have over 300 employees. thats not small

• 4 weeks later...
Le 13/12/2019 à 16:22, IamLoco a dit :

Dude, we jumped into a naked, non upgraded railjack and failed the first mission. Won the second. Then upgraded almost everything we had after the 5th.

2 people are not enough. You might want to actually form a crew, or play it public.

It´s doable and it´s not even that hard after putting some points into gunnery, piloting etc., so you speed up the process.

You´re mad - I see and understand, but don´t try to fly a ship with 2 people that is designed for 4.

sadly not everyone can afford this

Le 14/12/2019 à 00:14, PookieNumnums a dit :

You can solo several of the early missions. Amesha bubble to protect your hull. Imperator v to take out fodder. Rush to crew ships, destroy the cores and head back to dog fight. You also get a whole minute to fix your ship once its critical. You dont just instasplode. 

well that's another problem with railjack that wasn't mentionned in this post but the fact that the only good archwing in railjack mission is amesha is also a big issues , because amesha is the only archwing that don't get killed in one shot due to it's invincibility power , it mean that the only way to survive in railjack archwing is to be invincible

Anything is a chore if you make it one.

On another note OPs post didn't age well, especially the part about repairing. I swear, every time there's a minimum of 1 dedicated engineer. I've had missions where 3/4 of the team were on engineer duty. Must be the intrinsics gain.

Also, the veil is currently on farm status, 2 weeks later as far as dificulty is concerned.

I want to be clear that I don't think RJ is in a good state. Probably the bugiest release, being an infiltrator or gunner pays nothing next to the other roles, rng for some mandatory parts is horrible and lets not get started on the sentient ship. It's OP's points that are just rants.

Le 13/12/2019 à 16:10, Caine2112 a dit :

Good evening Tennos.

As much as I was seriously looking forward to Railjack, unfortunately, it fails right out of the dry dock.

Where to start?

Well, playing the first lowliest level mission is brutally difficult even in a squad because resources to build things in-mission are practically non-existant, and resource you have collected OUTSIDE space missions HAVE to be built beforehand.  This needs to be changed so that ALL resources collected, whether in space missions or ground missions, are in ONE pool of resources.

Secondly, the WHOLE concept of manually repairing the ship with the omni tool is a colossal chore that should never have been even place on the design board.  In an age of truly advanced technology, did the cephalons forget how to operate an automated repair system???  Get rid of this terrible omni tool idea and implement an automated repair system.  I'm fine if the Engineer needs to keep omnigel (or whatever it's called) supplied, but FFS get rid of manual repairs.  Or at the very least, have these no-name NPCs do it.  Isn't that the point of having NPC crew anyways?

Third, being swarmed constantly by never ending waves of fighters that spawn right on top of you kills your new ship pratically instantly, and keep in mind that this is on the LOWBIE mission.  I can't even imagine if you go to a tougher mission.  Space these waves out and have them spawn FAR away so that they need to close the distance to the current fight for a level of realism at least.

Fourth, and this is a BIG ONE.  Aiming your cannons with the mouse should not instantly move the ship left or right.  Let there be some dead zone so you can actually aim at fighters in order to better shoot them down.  And dear gods, where the hell is my missile tracking?  Dumbfire missiles?  Seriously?  Why am I spending a ton of resources on dumbfire missiles that do next to no damage to large ships?  And these are level 2 ships?

DE, you released Railjack WAY too soon.  It's in a state of mission failure ad nauseum.  How can we possibly progress if we can't even keep the resources we loot because every mission ends in failure because our ship can't take any sort of punishment, AND we obtain zero resources needed to fix the damn thing?

I have tried 10, count them TEN, missions with my brother, and ALL of them end in failure.  Whether we try to fight the enemy ships with the Railjack or use our Archwings, or combos of both, EVERY mission ended in failure because NO RESOURCES drop from kills.  And the Omni Tool needing omnigel, which you can't make in mission, the ones we could make before the mission got spent SO QUICKLY we couldn't even keep up with repairs.

TL;DR:  Railjack, in this broken state, is NOT FUN.  It is another endless chore that ends in constant mission failure because the mechanics and resources needed to make this FUN are NOT THERE.  Railjack needs to be seriously taken back to the drawing board.  Hopefully, it'll be a game system that might be fun come this Spring.  For Xmas, I'll play Battletech while I wait.

honestly i fully agree with you , i do survival on mot and i can tell that the only manageable part of railjack missions are the grinner boardings crews , now surely with the right team and a good railjack you could do them but it doesn't change the fact that a non-upgraded railjack feel incredibly underpowered even in the lowest missions 

when i started to play warframe i did the entire tutorial quest with a mk1-paris and a lato that were barely upgraded and went all the way to ceres and the first part of the void using this cheap arsenal so needless to say i'm pretty good when it come to combat and when i say the railjack feel underpowered i know what i'm talking about

Edited by (PS4)phazonman

They didn't make repairing interesting enough to warrant someone sitting around doing it. Maybe if you could personalize your own repairing with perks or something but it doesn't detract that you would want someone to stand around focusing on that and it isn't going to be interesting to everyone when it is pretty basic. If they were also doing things like being able to buff guns and shields on the side then maybe but then it becomes an unintended and unexplored support role they weren't planning for to begin with to make sure it was engaging to anyone who does it.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

They didn't make repairing interesting enough to warrant someone sitting around doing it. Maybe if you could personalize your own repairing with perks or something but it doesn't detract that you would want someone to stand around focusing on that and it isn't going to be interesting to everyone when it is pretty basic. If they were also doing things like being able to buff guns and shields on the side then maybe but then it becomes an unintended and unexplored support role they weren't planning for to begin with to make sure it was engaging to anyone who does it.

You're right. I think DE should have had us play a random frame fighter game for every repair instead of the mining game from PoE/Orb Vallis. Can you imagine how excited players will be to put out fires and seal ruptures? Everyone will rush to play frame fighter and get the 1 hit KO to put out that darn fire faster. I'm imaging frame fighter is like 2D street fighter? No? Never played it! This is a great opportunity to shoehorn the frame fighter minigame into repairing the Railjack... and bound to be more interesting than the mining game!

On 2019-12-13 at 4:10 PM, Caine2112 said:

TL;DR:  Railjack, in this broken state, is NOT FUN.  It is another endless chore that ends in constant mission failure because the mechanics and resources needed to make this FUN are NOT THERE.  Railjack needs to be seriously taken back to the drawing board.  Hopefully, it'll be a game system that might be fun come this Spring.  For Xmas, I'll play Battletech while I wait.

i might get 1-2 minor breaches per mission from hitting things.

also, when the forge is full with 200 diodes and pustrels you can repair a major breach every 40 seconds and blow all 300 revolite every 2 mins and still face tank the death star lasers FOR TWENTY MINUTES. seriously, how do you fail these missions? the railjack is literally immortal without any mods on it.

En 13/12/2019 a las 15:10, Caine2112 dijo:

In an age of truly advanced technology, did the cephalons forget how to operate an automated repair system??? 

The Orokin became extinct.

Now I can understand. After learning about their ships and their true technology, it was a stupid civilization.

On 2019-12-13 at 1:10 PM, Caine2112 said:

Dude, I know exactly how you feel rightnow, dont waste your precious time trying to tell people here Empyrean sucks, bcs they will do anything to prove you wrong even if you are absolutely right, and btw you are, I wrote an entire post telling people here the exact same thing, nobody seem to care and if they do, they're gonna tell you this :

On 2019-12-13 at 7:30 PM, Kalvorax said:

simple, DE doesn't have the hundreds of thousands of players to TEST THE GAME. They are a small company. Its a damn good thing they can pump out hotfixes based on PLAYER feedback as quick as they can (consoles not withstanding ofc, but they DO get a more polished version due to PC player's TESTING things and breaking things on purpose (or accident)

This post right here is one of many examples of people (Wk) trying to cover the messy state of the entire Game, DE doesn't have the hundered of thousands of players to test the game ? DE is a small company ? is that why they had to release half cooked empyrean ? what a stupid argument ... give me break please, I mean you know you are the test ground of DE right ? you already know DE has more than 300 employee right ? Guys...... WTF is this community ? Just look at this calculation : 

If 1 plat = 0.067$ and 1 roomba = 100 plat then a roomba is worth 6.7$

Lets say DE sold 1 million roomba (which they did state it sells very well) then DE made  6.7 million dollars selling meme items, Now I wonder if DE is still a small company to you 🙂

Well, playing the first lowliest level mission is brutally difficult even in a squad because resources to build things in-mission are practically non-existant, and resource you have collected OUTSIDE space missions HAVE to be built beforehand.  This needs to be changed so that ALL resources collected, whether in space missions or ground missions, are in ONE pool of resources.

This means your pilot isn't making sure to pick up drops.  Earth missions are a breeze, especially if you've built some clan research weapons.    You can farm the resources for building your railjack off a single mission by matchmaking into a pub railjack mission