Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why archwings die so fast with railjack

Firedtm

Gotta remember that these enemies are using weapons to take out SHIPS. The ones that we fight usually with Archwings are made to fight Archwings.....these guns are made to fight bigger, more armored and shielded ships than our flight pods.

Besides, it sits with the tradition of DE giving the players something new that knocks them down many times before they nerf it into the ground to give back that gods walking feel. Who knows...maybe we will get some shield and armor upgrades after a while to withstand the new guns. Let's just hope they cover the flaw with using Skywings and getting 1 hitted out of it there as well.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Gotta remember that these enemies are using weapons to take out SHIPS. The ones that we fight usually with Archwings are made to fight Archwings.....these guns are made to fight bigger, more armored and shielded ships than our flight pods.

I mean, that doesn't make the game fun though....

• Like 3

Part of the problem is that the defensive abilities of Archwing are rendered fairly ineffective. For instance, Energy Shell doesn't block the splash damage from Crewship weapons.

Also, pro-tip: When you board a crewship, take out the gunners. Even if you're just planning to destroy it, killing them will increase your odds of survival upon exiting the craft, as they continue to fire until the ship explodes.

• Like 2

Git Gut.... archwing weapons do almost no dmg alongside with the railjack weps, but the enemies  do crap ton of dmg with aimbot accuracy........ so how the F is it possible to farm materials for the ship upgrades if its impossible due to the overpowered enemies? I am playing mostly in solo and I can say for sure that it is impossible to complete even the very first mission.... I wouldnt say anything if it would be possible to get even a little bit of materials and jump away from the fight("little by litte get the materials").... but nope its not possible.... the enemy blows up the railjack and  the material are going in to the void with it while smashing in to the players face MISSION FAILED.. making it impossible to farm the required materials for the upgrades...

So for me this railjack is a freakin big failure. I wonder if DE will do something about it or leave it the way it is, if they leave it the way it is now then its not worth the time to waste on it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHeLp said:

Git Gut.... archwing weapons do almost no dmg alongside with the railjack weps, but the enemies  do crap ton of dmg with aimbot accuracy........ so how the F is it possible to farm materials for the ship upgrades if its impossible due to the overpowered enemies? I am playing mostly in solo and I can say for sure that it is impossible to complete even the very first mission.... I wouldnt say anything if it would be possible to get even a little bit of materials and jump away from the fight("little by litte get the materials").... but nope its not possible.... the enemy blows up the railjack and  the material are going in to the void with it while smashing in to the players face MISSION FAILED.. making it impossible to farm the required materials for the upgrades...

So for me this railjack is a freakin big failure. I wonder if DE will do something about it or leave it the way it is, if they leave it the way it is now then its not worth the time to waste on it 

Did you read any summary on Railjack? Solo isn't supposed to be done right now, that's what the greyed out "command" intrinsic is for. Archwing weapons do feel underpowered atm (gratler with no range anyone?), and crewships with explosive weapons which have insane tracking are a bit overdone and they need to be toned down a bit. Not being able to solo isn't a valid complaint right now though

I posted this I the feedback forums. Crew ship damage seems to be nearly instant death. Later Saturn missions are even worse.

Fighter damage seems to be much more manageable in comparison.

Mods are max health/armor/shields

If you don't have an Amesha it's very hard to survive or even catch up to fighters that are faster than you.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, zakaryx said:

I posted this I the feedback forums. Crew ship damage seems to be nearly instant death. Later Saturn missions are even worse.

Its even worse than that at times, you can die in the black screen transition and animation before you can even move.

If its not me being flund into a void where I cant see anything or do anything, im getting instantly killed without no ability to respond.

And they want me to grind out my railjack to make it better? when things like pustrels take so damn much to craft one single part?

This game just isnt currently worth the time for me.

If I was going to guess it almost seems like something has some sort of proximity fused AoE flak explosive. 

The kind of thing that would be perfect on the Grattler.

Think a good part of the issue is that Archwing have long since hit peak health/shields and as far as I am aware there is no progression curve being added to compensate for the fact that the entry level Empyrion mobs are just slightly beyond existing Archwing capacity. 

Edited by Oreades

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

You know what's even more funny? Crew ship damage ignores Amesha's 4. Not even literal permanent invincibility can save you.

I wonder if they hecced up and accidentally gave the Grineer the same anti AW gear from the plains. Except since your'e in AW proper instead of dismounting you it just Yeets you like it they Yeet Titania in Razorwing. 

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is not people's gear or mods, the problem is simply piss poor design period. I have a 3 formaed amesha with maxed health and shields and armor and when dismounting a crewship, if there is another one ANYWHERE nearby I die before the black screen transition even lets me take control of my arch-wing again. Add to that the fact that my archwings energy seems to get reset back down to base starting energy everytime I dismount preventing me from spamming 4 during the transition even on the off chance that it goes off and gives me a split second to at least attempt to react and the fact that (contrary to rumors the crewships do not actually ignore ameshas 4, they just do so damn much damage per shot that it maxes your energy pool in a single hit which turns the invulnerability off) a single blast from a crewship gun maxes my energy, shuts off my invulnerability, and kills me and it all adds up to a very lacking, un-fun, grindy, disappointing, game mode that should have continued to be worked on for a while longer. As it stands I find myself hiding my railjack miles from the combat zonr and doing literally everything I arch-wing because I have yet to gather enough materials to make the railjack not a sloppy sack of crap that gets torn apart in a few hits out of the literally thousands of shots flying at it every second, so tvis entire "new content" patch has really so fsr just been new arch-wing missions with an expensive bus for me anyway and it really compounds the feeling of disappointment brought on by this update when you have to destroy 6 crewships and die literally everytime you exit one (since none of the railjack guns I have managed to find/research and craft do nearly enough damage to the crewships to justify getting close enough to hit them with the amount of damage they put back on the railjack requiring boarding and destroying their reactor) making you end up woth a failed mission with one or two crewships left to destroy while having literally 0 control over your deaths because they happen during a stupid ass map transition.

Edited by zenshu1

On 2019-12-13 at 4:45 PM, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Gotta remember that these enemies are using weapons to take out SHIPS.

Funny how you can tank those anti-ship weapons on the ground (heavy gunners on plains or the corpus equivalent on fortuna) and shrug them off. Get into archwing though in RJ and they sneeze and you're dead. Hardly fair, balanced or most critically, fun.

20 minutes ago, zenshu1 said:

The problem is not people's gear or mods, the problem is simply piss poor design period.

Exactly.

Likely the issue stems from the hasty integration and launch of Empyrean for Archwings, they rushed it out so hard that they didn't have time to (or likely really care to) check the balance of the Archwings vs the enemies that are designed to damage the larger and heavily armored Railjack.

I mean DE has basically admitted they crunch time'd Empyrean out, so it doesn't surprise me that the balance is comically out of whack.

On 2019-12-13 at 9:07 PM, SordidDreams said:

You know what's even more funny? Crew ship damage ignores Amesha's 4. Not even literal permanent invincibility can save you.

You know what even funnier than that? Normal Archwing enemies like Ogma and certain missile-wielding Dargyns also ignore Amesha's 4. I've always assumed Amesha's 4 wasn't actually making you invincible despite the grey health/shield bars. That this was normal? Is this actually a bug? Because yeah... it doesn't make you invincible to the the simpleton enemies of normal Archwing.

EDIT: Oh, I guess it's not a bug... look:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Vengeful_Rush

• The ability makes Amesha invulnerable as long as its energy pool isn't full.
  • When the Amesha's energy pool is full, the damage conversion stops, making the Amesha vulnerable again.

So basically 4 doesn't make you invincible to crewships since 1 single shot will probably max the energy pool. Then you take damage again.

This little invulnerability effect should be ignored. It's not practically useful or reliable in any way.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

That's why you keep your 3 on at the same time, constantly draining it and ensuring it's never full.

That doesn't drain very fast. Two consecutive quick hits will be death. Basically, 4 is a waste of time unless you need energy.