Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Specialization And Blade Damage Type.

Frendh

Aside from the fact that the one handed weapons (not only longswords) need a big incentive added to make them valid alternative melee weapons, is that Melee combat on a whole becomes less and less valid as the levels on the Mobs increase. My suggestion is to attack the overall lack of effectiveness of going melee (ranged is so much better in 90% of all combat due to survivability). A good way to do that is to add new melee specialization mods.

Generally I am against the huge influx of mods because it becomes more and more difficult to get the mods you want.

Anyhow, basically with melee specialization I mean mods that give huge multiple melee benefits and at the same time give large penalties to your ranged attacks. At least 1 benefit on each specilization mod has to be a survivability bonus.

For instance a max ranked "Juggernaut"(fictional mod) mod would give +60% melee base damage, +150 armor(straight armor, no percentages) and -60% base damage Primary/Secondary.
"Stalwart" +90% physical impact, +200% health, -50% armor pierce Primary/Secondary and -50% attack rate Primary/Secondary.
"Serpent Will" +90% poison damage, +400% Stamina, -50% magazine limit(rounded down) to Primary/Secondary.
"Skewed Light" +90% Fire, 50% miss chance(for enemies to hit the warframe) and -50% accuracy on Primary/Secondary.

These are just a few ideas with quickly grabbed numbers. I have not put too much thought into what balance issues it may cause, be them positive or negative.

The second thing to do is up the default melee type(Blade) damage and give them more perks compared to the ranged damage types, but not as good as Serrated Blade or Physical Impact. I really dislike how Serrated Blade damage has wandered into the Ranged weapon block. The melee damage types should be the best damage types with no parallels in the ranged block. Right now the "best" damage types are used in both the melee block and the ranged block.

Edited by Frendh

Aside from the fact that the one handed weapons (not only longswords) need a big incentive added to make them valid alternative melee weapons, is that Melee combat on a whole becomes less and less valid as the levels on the Mobs increase. My suggestiob is to attack the overall lack of effectiveness of going melee (ranged is so much better in 90% of all combat due to survivability). A good way to do that is to add new melee specialization mods.

Generally I am against the huge influx of mods because it becomes more and more difficult to get the mods you want.

Anyhow, basically with melee specialization I mean mods that give huge multiple melee benefits and at the same time give large penalties to your ranged attacks. At least 1 benefit on each specilization mod has to be a survivability bonus.

For instance a max ranked "Juggernaut"(fictional mod) mod would give +60% melee base damage, +150 armor(straight armor, no percentages) and -60% base damage Primary/Secondary.

"Stalwart" +90% physical impact, +200% health, -50% armor pierce Primary/Secondary and -50% attack rate Primary/Secondary.

"Serpent Will" +90% poison damage, +200 Stamina, -50% magazine limit to Primary/Secondary.

"Skewed Light" +90% Fire, 50% miss chance(for enemies to hit the warframe) and -50% accuracy on Primary/Secondary.

These are just a few ideas with quickly grabbed numbers. I have not put too much thought into what balance issues it may cause, be them positive or negative.

The second thing to do is up the default melee type(Blade) damage and give them more perks compared to the ranged damage types, but not as good as Serrated Blade or Physical Impact. I really dislike how Serrated Blade damage has wandered into the Ranged weapon block. The melee damage types should be the best damage types with no parallells in the ranged block. Right now the "best" damage types are used in both the melee block and the ranged block.

so easier to read :)

and that would be nice to have stalwart

"Juggernaut"(fictional mod) mod would give +60% melee base damage, +150 armor(straight armor, no percentages) and -60% base damage Primary/Secondary.

"Serpent Will" +90% poison damage, +200 Stamina, -50% magazine limit to Primary/Secondary.

Trying to force mmorpg classes down the virgin throat of Warframe

Trying to force mmorpg classes down the virgin throat of Warframe

Uh, it's either something along the lines of this idea or kill off melee completely in Warframe and lose all the possibilities melee COULD have, I actually find alot of these ideas amazing and believe the Penalties should actually be higher, if I could go pure melee in Warframe I would, but the closest I get is my Orthos Prime/Dual Ichor on Loki and I hardly really feel awesome. Melee needs a overhaul and I think Specialized Mods like this would help alot and would add so much diversity in terms of gameplay.