Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.2

[DE]Megan

RF/NCS... even you DE... all of it.. they are gonna turn around and say somethin like" bio... this is the wrong place again... in which case... i say shut up hlen helanaaa...helem...harem... oh yes helem...or... herem/// hellem?... anyways... she is the party pooper.... lemme do my thing...

The vacuum buff for Archwings doesn't seem to be working, at least it wasn't for me with my Odonata.  I pretty much have to fly through loot of any kind to pick it up.  I'm certainly not picking any of it up from 25-50 meters away.

The range on this should probably be even further than that.  But yeah, right now I'm not even getting this effect.

Also, I'm having a heck of a time leading and hitting things with the slow projectiles on our archguns at the speeds and distances involved here, especially using a controller (accessibility due to hand injury). I can hit things with my gun if I'm in a range which used to make melee work for them, but melee won't hit them unless they're basically inside your model, which just isn't happening at the speeds fighters are moving.  Why did you remove the tracking and little gap closer on arch-melee?

I really have had a ton of fun with this update overall, but things like archwing combat and the weird snappy instead of smooth aiming with controller (which introduces aiming deadzones) in the pilot station are pain points.

Flight control for the railjack itself needs an improved scheme - there should be a  deadzone so you can aim the pilot reticule without waggling the railjack all over. As it is, it's a pain in the butt for your gunners and causes a reaction flutter loop for the pilot as well. This should just be a percentage of screen size, and default to a small circle of about 10% of shortest screen dimension, but be user configurable. right now it's analogous to 0, so even the slightest movement messes with your gunner lead predictions. Additionally, a second value for how hard the turn comes in once out of the deadzone would also be useful, letting you customize the hard or soft feel to it.

The fire and electircal sections of railjack triage seem to have a problem with latency causing valid wins to not register, meaning you have to keep spending omni goo when you clearly won it the last time, and it just ignored it. Possibly also due to the speed at which they're being played. I noticed it got worse when I upgraded engi skill, and in high ping got pretty bad. That should move clientside to avoid that.

1. Fix the host migration bugs, every single time some potato host is hosting everything goes to hell after, bugs, crashes, etc...

2. I hate the fact that we need a squad just to play, barely anyone is online to join a mission, not to mention recruit chat being "I don't care about Railjack missions" and are only interested in their own gains so there is no help from the recruit chat.

3. What is up with the dmg of those fighters? I mean, come one, not only do they have massive damage we have toothpicks to fight them with.

4. The Omni Gear tool needs to be free and infinite uses, legit sometimes there are barely any resources to make the thing so we can repair the Railjack (I have been the repair man every single time, so please address this asap) and on top of that, sometimes it just doesn't count when we collect resources. Or better yet, reduce the cost of repairs with the Omni Gear tool, this isn't balanced nicely.

5. Everything is slow, (not to mention the crazy amount of resources need to make everything), how will we progress if there isn't any solo gameplay available? As I sad in 2. this isn't good, we NEED solo gameplay, many low mastery players will have problems finding a squad just to finish the missions in the future. This is not the best concept of gameplay and we need solo gameplay, just for the fact that we need to finish all of this.

6. This is a nice change, but it needs a lot of work, first as I said SOLO gameplay is a must, more resource drops. Why do we even have the vacuum thing on the railjack and archwing? Just make it that when we kill something we get the resources and mods, its kind of hard to see them in space.

And thats it from me, its a fun concept, but it needs more work, especially for solo gameplay.

Cheers!

Ok, all in all, this update was great.  using the railjack is a lot of fun!  However, there is one issue with it i am finding very worrisome, and disappointing.  Normally, you guys over at DE are great, but this whole repair drone thing to instantly repair the looted wreckage is ridiculous.  My issue isn't with the item itself, but the alternative.  i have spent about 10-14 hours or so playing railjack since it launched, and the level of resources i have is not enough to repair even one piece of tier two wreckage.  When you have six different ship parts to build and equip, this is clearly outrageously overpriced, and it would take at least a week for me to upgrade my ship to tier two parts with a booster (I am using a booster right now). At this point it is extortion to make us spend our plat to upgrade our ship, or spend weeks struggling through missions with bad ship weapons grinding up the resources to have better parts.  DE, i have a lot of respect for you guys, and usually i am happy to spend money on your game, but this is a bad step in the wrong direction, it is clear cut pay to win, not pay skip minor inconveniences (like build times).  You have damaged my trust in you guys as developers, and I hope you change those resource costs, and do so fast.

@theBRICKMASTR there's a trick - finish the mission, then don't leave. Loot the field ( careful, there's still some turrets and such around usually ). then refine in the payload section of your ship, top off your consumables, and then leave the mission via nav. You'll find ALOT more resources from that than you get just burning missions. 

Nerfing Archgun projectiles was a bad move; you need to be so close to enemies now to get your shots to reliably hit, that goes for Archguns and the Railjack's weapons. 

And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD change Itzal's first back. This Ripline is utterly useless and I don't see anyone using the Itzal anymore as a result.

Thank you DE for the fast response.

Today I encountered some other issues with the Railjack Missions:

- Character gets stuck on board of the Railjack. One cannot switch guns or get into operator mode. Unstuck command does not resolve the issue.

- The mods on the weapons and warframe get 'removed' when entering a mission which leaves you with a basic warframe and weapon.

- Ruptures and other icons, which indicate a place to repair, are not showing up on the screen or the map sometimes when switching to the Omnia tool.

- Random black screens when exiting the Railjack, a crew ship or a base during Railjack Missions.

- Not able to exit the Railjack when arriving at the Drydock after a mission.

Very bad Content  ,where is the game in space (cat and mouse) . Everything  farm for  2 new weapons+ 1 skin on pistol

I play with my friend squad, but no see progress and   15 min mission,who the player play for this ,just buy from market -2 weapons

Very disappointed

🙄

Not necessarily a bug, but I can't enter the dry dock directly through the empyrean menu when starting in my orbiter, even when I click on the node. It would be a non-trivial QoL improvement to be able to.

Also, bugs aside, this update is really promising and pretty fun, even for a mostly antisocial player like myself.

Octavia's Mandachord is broken since the Update. Custom songs get switched to default when going to certain missions, and in some cases the music doesn't play at all, also reloading custom songs and saving them does not fix the issue. I'm looking forward to the new content, just not gonna be able to enjoy it with my main frame being broke, Other than that since I Installed the game 700 hours ago this is the first problem I have encountered. Thank you for your time!

11 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

DE over the year: "Lets hype everyone up for the next big update"

*community hype intense*

Me, knowing that like every other "main update", it will be half done anyways and needs at least 2-4 hotfixes:

C5FBA0B81CAF6B96187E526B7E20C9723CCA821F

You stole my idea!

...not that it was original, of course.  I'm surprised you got the periods between "USS"; I tried to put an apostrophe and it wouldn't take it.  So much for calling my ship "Clem's Carnage".

We're supposedly limited to 30 wreckage items tops, after which point all subsequent wreckage will be auto-dirac'd.

But is there a separate screen where we can view all of our wreckage at once without having to jump through multiple tabs and submenus? I didn't see anything like that in the config tabs, nor in the inventory screen. Did I miss it? Or am I supposed to track my wreckage by constantly checking and adding bits across multiple screens? 

I completed a mission earlier on a node I had already completed before.  Like most people are saying, I completed the objectives, then spent time looting resources.  When I returned to the Dry Dock, and the end of mission screen appeared, EVERYTHING was gone in the loot window, with the exception of 140 Credits (?) and 650 Dirac.  Not even the rewards from completing the mission node were there.  It can't be a one-time thing.  Where did the loot go?  This is the first time this has happened.

I'm straight up queueing into the wrong mission for the invasions, NOT the one that I've selected.  I mean, I have one node that's already had FIVE completions on it, a host of others that have a single mission, and the one I'm trying to complete is stuck at 2 missions.

Can we get more clarity surrounding the Resource Forge? The Empyrean patch notes simply say you are rewarded with any resources that were not used for forging, but apparently its more complicated than that. I had to do some researching to figure out that the resources have to be refined at a specific time in order to actually get them, otherwise they are apparently gone forever. This was only after doing several missions. On the End of Mission screen it shows that I got them, but I realized later that I never did.

Also, do clients not get those resources at all? 

There is virtually no information given about this system.

Oh joy, anemic credit rewards that are totally eclipsed by playing even the easiest Dark Sector missions, alongside unimportant dross like Rubedo. Why are Railjack missions giving me these things rather than the materials that I actually need to repair components?

Normal missions provide plenty enough credits and non-Railjack materials.

---

The buff to vacuuming was nice, but we absolutely could use some sort of loot detection to make gathering all the wide-spread drops less of a time-consuming pain in the neck. Alternatively, some form of loot collection system, like drones or a long-range vacuuming pulse.

As a reminder, space is big and so are Railjack missions.

---

Finally, please buff Railjack/Archgun projectile velocity. I shouldn't have to chase an enemy and engage them in point blank range combat just to make sure more than 1 in 50 shots from my Imperator Vandal hits the damned target. Some weapons like the Fluctus are almost completely useless because they can't hit anything unless what you're shooting at flies straight at you and doesn't decide to try dodging.

It's far more annoying than it is difficult and provides precisely zero enjoyment.

As an aside, it also looks weird when you're sitting in the Railjack and watching someone try to shoot down enemies with an Imperator and the projectiles move so slowly it looks more like sprays of golden spaghetti than tracer fire.

Archived