[DE]Megan

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.2

Hey DE, have you noticed that for some of your players their built railjacks are gone...

Great start for the update!

i used the celestial twin skill from a crewmember during mission .. after mission i still had the celestil twin stuck to me in my railjack. teleported outside, went back in: still there

crew all left the party allready, so i have a wukong twin from some random player following me around while having lunch .. i should let him bring me lunch ūüėĄ

edit: i did a whole mission, he's still there and even joined me outside the railjack in the dojo now

Edited by Aviarium
  • Like 1

This is getting frustrating as hell.

Still no fix to the melee heavy attack triggering unintended all the time. THIS IS MAKING MELEE COMPLETELY BROKEN FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. You cannot build a combo counter. Can't do melee attack with gunblades either. How is this not fixed yet?

You tweaked the look of the frames in the arsenal, but it didn't solve the problem. Frames still look washed up by dim moonlight. I can't see whites, only greys. They're a little lighter now, but they're still grey. Fashion frame is now a pain in the ass, because every little thing you change you need to leave the arsenal and either go to captura or archwing to check how it looks. It's the freaking skylight that is causing this problem. Please for the love of god give us the option to have the old orbiter look back as that would solve the lighting issue.

Also, i see you made new changes to archwing movement. I can't do afterburn now. Did it get removed from the game? I can't seem to find any way to trigger it. 

Edited by GateCrasherSupernova

6 hours ago, Demaneth said:

Would be cool to just add a fancy anymation for loot drones from the railjack and automatically every resource object shoot they pick it in any range of the map... And show them on the normal resource UI place. At this point they become common just light up isos and more rare resources, like when you pick up an orokin cell...

I'm skeptical. For all we know they could just add these as market purchases.

The fundamental concept of hoovering up drops in space is flawed. It shouldn't be bandaided; it should be removed. Streamlined entirely.

13 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's nice and all, but why is it even a matter of picking things up at all? Like, do you think having to fly around for ten minutes after the mission ends picking up drops makes the game more fun? If I designed it, I'd just make the loot appear directly in inventory, no picking up needed. If you absolutely insist on this, I assure you you can add another zero on the end of those numbers without doing the game any harm whatsoever.

^

So we went from crew ship doors not opening to when i kill one from the inside i have a high chance to crash

5 hours ago, b4timert said:

DE is geniuses. If railjack is so bad and people complain about it they will forget how bad liches are so DE dont have to fix them.

Lunaro is also still a thing now! NEVER FORGET ūüėÜ

Jokes by side, Thats actually a problem i have with Warframe. Its getting kinda more and more worse. They add way to much stuff into a game which "could fit" but doesnt hit the mark quite well. Look at said PvP stuff. Its not only bad, its a mess. The game is not made for PvP, not at all but still exists.

Archwing is also another thing a lot people even want you to forget about which seems like DE just want you to remind you is a thing with this railjack update only Star Trek fans maybe enjoy for real. Since the latest Archwing controls update, it feels even more messy to think of or play with. The controls went from "wonky" to "way to stiff" now, you can pretty much break mid-air with them wile the control scheme for the railjack is still as wonky as the old archwings - is makes just no sense.

in other words as i said already in another topic:

18 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

i still think that warframe, as game, slowly feels more like a teenager which suffers from a midlife crisis and dont know what it wants to be. Srsly here.

Warframe in its core is a 3rd person shooter so why dont we go from there and might add stuff which kinda fine-tunes it insteed of adding half-broken content which only fits maybe the theme of the game ("Space") but pretty much nothing else? I mean as i said already, look it all the stuff DE did add and noone gives either a crap about or its just long forgotten. As for some samples:

Lunaro, Conclave, kubrows (since they STILL need this freaking DNA-thing to stay alive so noone cares using them anyways), K-Drives (since you can use your archwing on open world areas (and thats maybe the only good thing about it...)) and Frame fighter, just to name some.

I mean DE just have to agree here that this stuff pretty much failed since its existance.

It might sounded all good on paper like the K-drives but again, why should i ever use it if im only able to use it on 2 open world areas maybe and 1 of them has not even really something to do with it in the first place since it has not something build for it (since its pretty much just a wasteland). SUre, you can say "but youre able to do it~" that might be true but i can also say In minecraft youre able to build a big freaking pen*s out of stone. Just coz you CAN do it, doesnt mean you should or it will "fix" the game somewhat and in the case of K-drives, again, you just have 2 areas you can use it but you had already a 2nd and way better opinion to be faster in this areas, the archwing.

So again, insteed of giving us half broken content which, at the end, is mostly just a farm fest to create more and more materials which you might just need for 1 god dang time or thing and you only get maybe in some missions you might only played ONES and never really wanted to play them EVER again or youre just already way to HIGH leveld that those said missions are just way to easy and boring for you to start or farm - looking at the latest rail jack-farm part missions they did before empyrean as good sample or the whole kuva lich system which is just normal missions you normaly do just a bit harder - they should fine tune the 3rd person combat.

Let us give the ability to lean on something and search for cover, give us a bullet(out)run, let us shoot and aim over obsticals, maybe let us throw our melee weapons (not only glaives) and colllect them back - stuff like which just would make the game in its CORE better. I dont need an attempt of minecraft in this game or a fishing simulator (even if its kinda ok), I dont need to add something into the game noone needed in the first place like frame fighter (srsly, do you remember how much they hyped it and it pretty much was forgotten a week after the release?) or K-drives (since we already HAD a better opinion).

If they would keep fixing the stuff or adding stuff which just would add SOMETHING to its core 3rd person shooter gameplay, it would be enough for sure but right now, it feels all like its forced content people have to play to finish "something" or the story but maybe dont really want and just want to enjoy the "basic warframes core" as it is which would be a 3rd person shooter but at the end we just get more "content" attempt tries which fail in their existance or content which just adds more farming for something you might do just ONE time and never again and i guess i dont need to add a sample for the meaning of this here. Im srs to say that. by now, i still wonder why warframe has no battle royale mode (but dear god im glad it doesnt have one and i HOPE it stays this way...).

Edited by Leon-Darkheart

Since update 27 I have been completely unable to interact with the reliquary drive thus making it impossible to start the mission on Lua to get the key. Am I the only one with this issue? Regardless of being unable to activate the reliquary drive I can still fly my railjack into missions and I feel like that's not how it's supposed to work.

this is all good and dandy, but when are you guys gonna do something about the helminth virus, it would be great if we could just apply an imunity serum or remove it before the one week mark

RF/NCS... even you DE... all of it.. they are gonna turn around and say somethin like" bio... this is the wrong place again... in which case... i say shut up hlen helanaaa...helem...harem... oh yes helem...or... herem/// hellem?... anyways... she is the party pooper.... lemme do my thing...

The vacuum buff for Archwings doesn't seem to be working, at least it wasn't for me with my Odonata.  I pretty much have to fly through loot of any kind to pick it up.  I'm certainly not picking any of it up from 25-50 meters away.

The range on this should probably be even further than that.  But yeah, right now I'm not even getting this effect.

Also, I'm having a heck of a time leading and hitting things with the slow projectiles on our archguns at the speeds and distances involved here, especially using a controller (accessibility due to hand injury). I can hit things with my gun if I'm in a range which used to make melee work for them, but melee won't hit them unless they're basically inside your model, which just isn't happening at the speeds fighters are moving.  Why did you remove the tracking and little gap closer on arch-melee?

I really have had a ton of fun with this update overall, but things like archwing combat and the weird snappy instead of smooth aiming with controller (which introduces aiming deadzones) in the pilot station are pain points.

Edited by Andvarja

I have gotten stuck in loading screens several times after missions. its very frustrating

Flight control for the railjack itself needs an improved scheme - there should be a  deadzone so you can aim the pilot reticule without waggling the railjack all over. As it is, it's a pain in the butt for your gunners and causes a reaction flutter loop for the pilot as well. This should just be a percentage of screen size, and default to a small circle of about 10% of shortest screen dimension, but be user configurable. right now it's analogous to 0, so even the slightest movement messes with your gunner lead predictions. Additionally, a second value for how hard the turn comes in once out of the deadzone would also be useful, letting you customize the hard or soft feel to it.

The fire and electircal sections of railjack triage seem to have a problem with latency causing valid wins to not register, meaning you have to keep spending omni goo when you clearly won it the last time, and it just ignored it. Possibly also due to the speed at which they're being played. I noticed it got worse when I upgraded engi skill, and in high ping got pretty bad. That should move clientside to avoid that.

Edited by Xyngrr
Edit 1 - tyop. Edit 2 - triage bugnote

1. Fix the host migration bugs, every single time some potato host is hosting everything goes to hell after, bugs, crashes, etc...

2. I hate the fact that we need a squad just to play, barely anyone is online to join a mission, not to mention recruit chat being "I don't care about Railjack missions" and are only interested in their own gains so there is no help from the recruit chat.

3. What is up with the dmg of those fighters? I mean, come one, not only do they have massive damage we have toothpicks to fight them with.

4. The Omni Gear tool needs to be free and infinite uses, legit sometimes there are barely any resources to make the thing so we can repair the Railjack (I have been the repair man every single time, so please address this asap) and on top of that, sometimes it just doesn't count when we collect resources. Or better yet, reduce the cost of repairs with the Omni Gear tool, this isn't balanced nicely.

5. Everything is slow, (not to mention the crazy amount of resources need to make everything), how will we progress if there isn't any solo gameplay available? As I sad in 2. this isn't good, we NEED solo gameplay, many low mastery players will have problems finding a squad just to finish the missions in the future. This is not the best concept of gameplay and we need solo gameplay, just for the fact that we need to finish all of this.

6. This is a nice change, but it needs a lot of work, first as I said SOLO gameplay is a must, more resource drops. Why do we even have the vacuum thing on the railjack and archwing? Just make it that when we kill something we get the resources and mods, its kind of hard to see them in space.

And thats it from me, its a fun concept, but it needs more work, especially for solo gameplay.

Cheers!

Ok, all in all, this update was great.  using the railjack is a lot of fun!  However, there is one issue with it i am finding very worrisome, and disappointing.  Normally, you guys over at DE are great, but this whole repair drone thing to instantly repair the looted wreckage is ridiculous.  My issue isn't with the item itself, but the alternative.  i have spent about 10-14 hours or so playing railjack since it launched, and the level of resources i have is not enough to repair even one piece of tier two wreckage.  When you have six different ship parts to build and equip, this is clearly outrageously overpriced, and it would take at least a week for me to upgrade my ship to tier two parts with a booster (I am using a booster right now). At this point it is extortion to make us spend our plat to upgrade our ship, or spend weeks struggling through missions with bad ship weapons grinding up the resources to have better parts.  DE, i have a lot of respect for you guys, and usually i am happy to spend money on your game, but this is a bad step in the wrong direction, it is clear cut pay to win, not pay skip minor inconveniences (like build times).  You have damaged my trust in you guys as developers, and I hope you change those resource costs, and do so fast.

• Like 5

@theBRICKMASTR there's a trick - finish the mission, then don't leave. Loot the field ( careful, there's still some turrets and such around usually ). then refine in the payload section of your ship, top off your consumables, and then leave the mission via nav. You'll find ALOT more resources from that than you get just burning missions. 

Hey @[DE]Megan, would love to buy and use the new pistol skin on my Rattleguts, any plan to allow skins on kitguns like with zaws?

Nerfing Archgun projectiles was a bad move; you need to be so close to enemies now to get your shots to reliably hit, that goes for Archguns and the Railjack's weapons. 

And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD change Itzal's first back. This Ripline is utterly useless and I don't see anyone using the Itzal anymore as a result.

• Like 1

Thank you DE for the fast response.

Today I encountered some other issues with the Railjack Missions:

- Character gets stuck on board of the Railjack. One cannot switch guns or get into operator mode. Unstuck command does not resolve the issue.

- The mods on the weapons and warframe get 'removed' when entering a mission which leaves you with a basic warframe and weapon.

- Ruptures and other icons, which indicate a place to repair, are not showing up on the screen or the map sometimes when switching to the Omnia tool.

- Random black screens when exiting the Railjack, a crew ship or a base during Railjack Missions.

- Not able to exit the Railjack when arriving at the Drydock after a mission.

Edited by -BM-Abedin

I have an error that wont allow me to use Captura correctly. I have a problem with cameras, If i have everything what i want i go to where i begin and cameras just stops moving. Pls fix that.

Edited by Tugersamurai

Very bad Content  ,where is the game in space (cat and mouse) . Everything  farm for  2 new weapons+ 1 skin on pistol

I play with my friend squad, but no see progress and   15 min mission,who the player play for this ,just buy from market -2 weapons

Very disappointed

ūüôĄ

Edited by BDT_Flames

Not necessarily a bug, but I can't enter the dry dock directly through the empyrean menu when starting in my orbiter, even when I click on the node. It would be a non-trivial QoL improvement to be able to.

Also, bugs aside, this update is really promising and pretty fun, even for a mostly antisocial player like myself.

Octavia's Mandachord is broken since the Update. Custom songs get switched to default when going to certain missions, and in some cases the music doesn't play at all, also reloading custom songs and saving them does not fix the issue. I'm looking forward to the new content, just not gonna be able to enjoy it with my main frame being broke, Other than that since I Installed the game 700 hours ago this is the first problem I have encountered. Thank you for your time!