Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.2

[DE]Megan

Game Breaking RJ bug: Screen goes black after returning from crew ship and you cannot see anything.

Description:

I was in enemy crew ship. Then was exiting and spamming 1+4  to get amesha defenses up (otherwise you instantly die since your character will hover in space for several seconds while your screen is still black).  So game stayed black and I cannot see anything for the rest of the mission. Spectating also had same bug.  We failed due to this bug.

Two Issues:

1. Exiting enemy ship puts you into line of fire, while your screen is still black. Your AW will float in space for several seconds while you cant react to anything.

Suggestion: Give damage immunity to player while they are loading and haven't moved at all yet.

2. Screen stays black when you are exiting and spamming 1+4 abilities. This might have something to do with the fact that my rhino got a charge off right after pressing X key to exit ( or right before, not sure).

Similar problem sometimes appear in ESO, when transiting zone, the screen remains unreadable.

EDIT: This just happened again. This time I didn't even spam any buttons outside of holding W + shift  (to get speed). Again when exiting a crew ship. 

This seems to happen all the time.

Looks like it has something to do with the fading out of the black screen, that is interrupted.  (Note: my pc is fast)

Here's some railjack feedback (from solo gameplay experience, this is not about bugs, I suspect you know about them pretty well atm):

• Access to railjack foundry is unnecessary slow (idk why you made us go through these long animations instead of just using a console there);
  • There could be nice to have a feature to catapult yourself into space directly from the pilot seat (way back can still be through the airlock);
  • Also, there could be nice to have an indicator next to railjack's hp bar showing that intruders are on board (again, when you're playing it solo - you have to leave your railjack to deal with the crewships (and yes, i know that front gun can destroy them, but what if you don't have the needed intrinsics?));
  • Speaking of crewships, their accuracy (accuracy, not damage) against the players in archwing mode needs to be reduced - if you're not using Amesha, it's almost impossible to dodge the full barrage in your face (you guys seem to like homing explosions with crazy explosion area, eh? 😀).

From the bright part, I enjoy the railjack gameplay, even in solo. Cy's commentaries and enemy pilots' communications during the heat of battle greatly increase the effect of already dynamic gameplay.

P.S. I'm going 0-3-1-4 for intrinsics (engi is the priority). Feels managable so far, but i'm only at Earth proxima after all.

hey guys warframe game is unplayable for now im get mad because i get return to dojo with matchmaking and i get black screen and too with loots alle disapeared and too with crash alle and im getting mad because so many bugs with empyrean expansion and i can not play because i need this fixed asap for alle the loots disapeared and that refine must change because its not fun with empyrean and too i get matchmaking with a guys and not my ship with flying and only i get on small ship matchmaking on bottom right up on the map and im doing matchmaking and i get another guys joining and not my ship only do this and its now unplayable for nothing fixed and for me its not fun with empyrean and im now this 😡

New Game-breaking bug in RJ: The last crew ship wont spawn.

Desription: We killed all enemies. There is nothing to kill anymore. Cannot complete the mission.

Suggestion: Let us extract using the ship at any time. It would be the same as extracting from a bounty mission early, and you don't lose 30+ minutes of loot.

On 2019-12-14 at 7:21 AM, Afterburner_X said:

Update is a Bugfest. I hope that this Hotfix will help a bit. 

It's barely playable at the moment.

Why are all Archwing Weapons Projectile based now? I have hard times killing enemies, because of this. 

Also Archwing feels too slow. Just revert Itzal's Blink please or reduce it's Cooldown. 

P.S. Empyrean is all about space fights. So what about making Mods like [Furor] finally useable? Plus 10% attack speed for Arch-Melee's is kinda weird. 

No, it's not barely playable.

Occasionally playable.

You need to be blessed by mother RNG.

Severe RJ bug: Consoles become unhackable with a laggy host.

Repro:

1. Have laggy host with slow pc + slow connection

2. Start hacking as a client

3. Hacking doesn't start but console cannot be accessed

The hack seems to start, but it doesn't really. Then nobody can hack that terminal anymore and you have to abort.

EDIT: Workaround by throwing the host under the buss: Host left, and after host migration the console was hackable. Host could not rejoin and lost all the loot.

• Make all dropped resources just appear in everyone's inventory; the scale of empyrean is too big for the whole "vacuum" foolishness you've been doing everywhere else; ESPECIALL FOR BLUEPRINTS.
  • Tying into the previous point: the pilot and engineer will always suffer from doing their job because only the away team gets the extra resources from containers/lockers; this fine in the old linear maps but is unacceptable in this game mode.
  • Take a serious look at enemy balance (or the lack thereof): fighters are far too quick, they're faster than archwings, and many weapons simply cannot hit them ever; the armor values are beyond stupid as it is - there comes a point where you do basically no damage to enemies. This might be fine for the very last missions in the very last zone where you're fully kitted out, but it's unacceptable for the first 2 zones. At some point a stray shot is enough to destroy your archwing and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
  • Since you've made archwings a part of this game mode, buff them. No, not nerf, BUFF, drastically. Base hp/armor/shield stats, and better mods to make them feel like properly thought out systems. As it is, they're space bicycles and a single one has the tools to barely survive (unless it's locked on by enemies, in which case it's almost certainly a death).
  • Related to enemy balance: the constant barrage of fires/hull breaches is just idiotic; unless one parks the railjack far away from enemies, a bunch of resources that should be the reward for the mission get turned into Omnitool ammo just to not lose the damn mission... Either drastically increase the ship's base hull strength, or make fires/breaches something that doesn't happen so often that you literally can't do anything else, OR (and this is the best choice) just remove the pointless ammo cost from the repair tool - consumables are not fun.
  • !Reduce resource costs for "repairing" salvaged parts by 80% or so; or just move the decimal point to the left on the more insane costs. It makes no sense to be able to upgrade many avionics grid slots and their mods, as well as getting good progress on Intrinsics, while being unable to complete even a single gun upgrade because it's ridiculously expensive.

We've had this same discussions time and time again with the open world content where you've done it as well. Don't you actually take a moment to think how this will play out? Is selling repair drones such a critically important part of Empyrean for you? cause I'm a bit tired of doing long missions with basically no reward to speak of... guess I'll just join other people's missions and hope they have an upgraded ship so it doesn't feel quite so depressing.

Game-breaking RJ bug: Incorrect tile-set loads after host migration (or objects placed in the wrong place).

Description:

Assets are placed incorrectly (or used from the wrong tileset) when host migration occurs, making impossible to finish the mission.

We had host migration. Then huge rocks would spawn inside crew ships. This made is so that it was impossible to destroy the crew ship since the huge rock was blocking the entrance to the reactor. We tried to shoot the ship with guns but the thing went to 0 hp and still lived.  After a while this ship seemed to disappear entirely, since we couldn't find the thing. So crew ship progress stuck at 5/6 permanently.

Suggestion: Let us destroy crew ships by simply shooting them dead. This would potentially alleviate some of these symptoms.

The grineer base that we were supposed to destroy had a friendship door and all assets from from a wrong tileset. You couldn't even move to hack any of the consoles since assets were blocking all doorways. We tried to host migrate again to see if it fixes the problem. Now the interiors were different, but still consoles not accessible. In the image I'm standing on an invisible floor. There is crewship tileset, while this is actually the enemy base. Mission was on Saturn. ca7g9nc.png

After this everyone alt + f4 and I was the next host. Game crashed.

Report id:

WAR-2601470

Suggestion: Since there are so many game-breaking bugs that routinely make you lose 30 minutes of progress. how about you let us extract at any time with our loot (assuming ship is still alive)? It's no different than leaving a bounty mission early in plains.

Playing Railjack solo to get used to the system. Quite like it so far.

After doing a mission, I spent several minutes going around the map collecting resources. Could we deploy resource drones to sweep the map? A perk that speeds this up or spending creds to hire Missus Miggins Space Junk Retrieval Corp to deliver stuff to us?   

2 hours ago, NH-DollynhoFrame said:

So, thanks for the hotfix, but there's a few bugs, like the Railjack disappearing when you enter the side gunnery, which also makes the side gunners able to shoot any enemies in a 360 degree viewpoint.

That's not a bug, rankign gunnery intrinsics gives you 360° free aiming with either of the side guns.

To see what each branch of intrinsics offer right click on its "card" in the drydock menu

1 hour ago, Aerionoth said:
  • Make all dropped resources just appear in everyone's inventory; the scale of empyrean is too big for the whole "vacuum" foolishness you've been doing everywhere else; ESPECIALL FOR BLUEPRINTS.
  • Tying into the previous point: the pilot and engineer will always suffer from doing their job because only the away team gets the extra resources from containers/lockers; this fine in the old linear maps but is unacceptable in this game mode.
  • Take a serious look at enemy balance (or the lack thereof): fighters are far too quick, they're faster than archwings, and many weapons simply cannot hit them ever; the armor values are beyond stupid as it is - there comes a point where you do basically no damage to enemies. This might be fine for the very last missions in the very last zone where you're fully kitted out, but it's unacceptable for the first 2 zones. At some point a stray shot is enough to destroy your archwing and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
  • Since you've made archwings a part of this game mode, buff them. No, not nerf, BUFF, drastically. Base hp/armor/shield stats, and better mods to make them feel like properly thought out systems. As it is, they're space bicycles and a single one has the tools to barely survive (unless it's locked on by enemies, in which case it's almost certainly a death).
  • Related to enemy balance: the constant barrage of fires/hull breaches is just idiotic; unless one parks the railjack far away from enemies, a bunch of resources that should be the reward for the mission get turned into Omnitool ammo just to not lose the damn mission... Either drastically increase the ship's base hull strength, or make fires/breaches something that doesn't happen so often that you literally can't do anything else, OR (and this is the best choice) just remove the pointless ammo cost from the repair tool - consumables are not fun.
  • !Reduce resource costs for "repairing" salvaged parts by 80% or so; or just move the decimal point to the left on the more insane costs. It makes no sense to be able to upgrade many avionics grid slots and their mods, as well as getting good progress on Intrinsics, while being unable to complete even a single gun upgrade because it's ridiculously expensive.

We've had this same discussions time and time again with the open world content where you've done it as well. Don't you actually take a moment to think how this will play out? Is selling repair drones such a critically important part of Empyrean for you? cause I'm a bit tired of doing long missions with basically no reward to speak of... guess I'll just join other people's missions and hope they have an upgraded ship so it doesn't feel quite so depressing.

All the above critiques plus the following:

Railjack main gun feels very underwhelming, tryed it at gunnery 5 and to kill a crewship in the first mission on earth I needed 3 shots out of the 5 awailable!

It's not acceptable that everything in railjack mode goes off of pustrels to an absurd degree!

It feels higly punitive that to survive the mission ofthen players get eaten out of drops - beside the mess with needing to refine resources in ship's forge or losing them at mission end or when reacing forge capacity!

Repairing a wrek is much more expensive than building a standard part from scratch to the point of making no sense!

Investing resorces in repairing wreks can result in huge wastes whenever you drop a better version of the same part with improved stats - this is worse than rivens.

Archwing guns without hitscan feel like crap due to lack of a lead indicator - also there isn't a projectile flight speed mod for archguns to compensate - lastly why the fragh is the velocitus - a freaking sniper railgun - not freaking hitscan to begin with?! charge shot + low fire rate nearly completely kill the gun in dogfights, preventing even helping the squad with covering fire.

All archwing feel like crap in railjack content and ITZAL is the worse off without it's original blink: enemies shred it because they willfully ingore cloack effects and keep targeting it - ITZAL survivability is 0 thanks to this idiocy - pseudo blink doesn't breack enemy lock on / aggro

30 minutes ago, Vermashank said:

Playing Railjack solo to get used to the system. Quite like it so far.

After doing a mission, I spent several minutes going around the map collecting resources. Could we deploy resource drones to sweep the map? A perk that speeds this up or spending creds to hire Missus Miggins Space Junk Retrieval Corp to deliver stuff to us?   

You forced for squad play but there are still these antiplayers idiocies: if players need to split to effectively down crewships and installations, it should be obvious that all loot should be awarded to the entire squad and not only who dropped it!

Also searching for resources in maps as huge as these is a massive and ofthen unrewarding time sink - radar/sensors don't have enough range and resources are marked only after freed from breakable objects - we have an entire starship proper sensor suite, put it to damn use.

Give us ITZAL drones scaled up to railjack appropriate size for loot retrieval!

Loot from downed enemies should simply be awarded to players, it's nonsensical having to go grid searching every time due to drops being literally launched away casually at spawn, from enemies final death point - same for aircrafts in archwing and on landscapes, we can kill them at a distance, no freaking sense in being forced to jog were the loot hapazardly dropped to collect it - this isn't some kind of survival game

6 hours ago, Bulllets said:

New Game-breaking bug in RJ: The last crew ship wont spawn.

Desription: We killed all enemies. There is nothing to kill anymore. Cannot complete the mission.

Suggestion: Let us extract using the ship at any time. It would be the same as extracting from a bounty mission early, and you don't lose 30+ minutes of loot.

Some groups of enemies leave the battle area to go roaming on the very bottom of the skybox some 100000 m away! considering ship and archwing speeds , if you're luky to spot them, you need more than 0-15 minutes of dashing to get in range, after wasting much more time to find the little S#&$s!

RJ related Omni-tool suggestion: Let us place Omni-tool to a specific gear slot

Current situation: Currently the omni-tool goes to the last gear slot.

Suggested improvement: Let us place the omni-tool on a desired slot i the gear wheel. This would let us use the gearwheel keybinds more easily. Even people who won't use hotkeys benefit from this, since now they have to loop the gear wheel less in order to select the tool.

so after trying to give the update a chance for a few days I would rather do 20 jodras golems than ever touch a railjack mission again. the desgin is flawed, the experience is buggy as hell, the balancing is nonexistent, this enitre update feels like it has been cobbled together within a week, and only the high quality assets prove otherwise. Another utterly wasted oppertunity , and I for my part had it with those.  Im calling it right now, if DE doesnt start restructruing and hireing new people this game will be dead next year without course correction. and no. I aint gonna be bothered to fix my typos.

okay, after grinding through mk3 weapons im starting to do some dmg, wich shows that they probaly didnt account for moch of their own implementations wich still sucks. anoyance != difficulty  ffs

Why don't we have filter tabs on top of the railjack research to separate out by weapons, engines, reactors, etc.? Also it is annoying there is no way to directly compare the stats of things against each other to decide which I want to build.  Especially for the weapons

Wen it come to the Empyrean, there are some trouble with the artillery cannon.

When in the cannon it says you can have 5 but there is only allowed 4.

When building Dome Charge, they sometimes vanish from inventory. If you build 1 or 2, both vanish, but if you build more, there tend to be 1 that vanish.

When entering, sometimes  in position the visuals are not working. Sometimes you are locked behind the pilot and have trouble seeing outside.

Sometimes when you get lowered down its looks like the camera is off and looks like the camera is behind the wall and you see the lines of everything wich is very distracting and limits visuals.

Using the Omni to teleport back to railjack at the same time the Crewships explodes (when the core meltdown and Omni teleporter reaches zero at the same time) cases the screen to turn black for a long time.

And on a side note, when it come to resources, it is very difficult on certain mission to find and pick upp. It feels like when i'm playing with friends we spend more time scouring for resources then the actually mission. And on Saturn, when there are thees blue stars makes it very difficult to tell resources from the stars time to time.

The foundry stock seems very small, do wish it was a bit bigger.

But what happens to the resources if you continue to pick upp and the stock is full? dos it gos to waste? I certanly hope not.

Sometimes when trying to pick upp resources you end upp bumping them instead away.

Some resources tend to drift away at great velocity make it near impossible to pick and turns into a race.

On foundry, the cooldown timer is not shown, its missing.

And when flying in Archwing during the battle, it makes you a VERY easy target and get easily shot down so boarding enemy ships is almost a suicide run unless you have enough rank on Gunnery to use the Slingshot. But the return trip is just as suicidal.

And accoring to one of my friends (the pilot)

Seeker Volly dossen't always home in on targets.

Pilot Rank 3: Vectored Evasion doesn't always work. When he tries to evade we sometimes get hit.

We do enjoy Empyrean very much but those bugs is really annoying.

Was kinda hyped for this. When your making the ship is all SIGMA bla bla bla the best of the best. 

Turns out SIGMA was a company that sold paper, and you made a little model ship that breaks if you sneeze. 

Kinda depressed about the game now, i don't like feeling like this. 

On 2019-12-13 at 7:20 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.2

Please bear with us as we triage and fix issues with the surprise Update! Warframe: Empyrean is indeed here! We will be working diligently to fix major game-breaking issues as they appear. Solid reproduction steps will help us greatly in appropriate forums! 

Railjack Changes & Fixes:

• Made the number of Fresnels and Nullstones that drop match the number dropped by other rare resources.

What are Fresnels?

Archived