Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean: Hotfix 27.0.2

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, Jubel-Terrorincarnation said:

To be frank, this Update (Update 27) has literally been the worst update that was ever released.And i don't mean the Idea behind it but rather it's execution. Why would you release it in such an early state of development? Most of the desired features are A: locked behind Intrinsic grind (you get a camera to watch your teammates do stuff whilst you yourself can't do S#&$ @ Tactician lv5. I'm really sorry to say but there is nothing "tactical" about that to begin with.)

B: Not Implemented: What happened to the Orokin tower where you could discover technology? What about Skirmish beeing the ONLY mode that is included in Railjack. What about Kuva liches getting their own fleet @ a certain Lvl? What about the giant Motherships you were supposed to deactivate it's shields & blow it up from inside /with your giant missile (which of course had to be locked behind gunnery lv5. You need some training to use your already build-in features, right?....right...). Maybe i got something wrong about the last point and it was your/their attempt to bringing raids back in a sense. Who knows...

😄 Why would you make it so resource heavy to repair in mission found blueprints? 2400 pustrels whilst you find none of that resource on the one hand and on the other hand have to spend it constantly to even play this game mode (hint: refill your space fire extinguisher with limited ammo, whilst you got 4 Guns installed with infinite ammo)

And to be honest i'm not even grateful for the fix regarding the vacuum changes. Why? let me elaborate

1. Picking up Diodics & Avionics should have been implemented in the first place before release. Why you may ask? Because without upgrades your ship moves like a slug. It just took you ages to even collect the stuff you earned during the first few missions (before you unlocked the boost of your ship; another example of why locking QoL stuff behind intrinsic grind is not a good idea but i already had that covered, sorry)

2. The increased range (200 -> 250 ; 25-50) won't be enough. You had to directly fly into Diodics & Avionics to pick them up via. Railjack (200 range). Now with 50 range more i highly doubt that it will be any different

Conclusion:

Overall this update seems like it has not been tested... at all. By no one, ever before. I know that the game is still in beta despite beeing several years old now, but i was hoping that we'd be at least beta-testers. Not alpha-testers if you know what i mean. The Quantity of Bugs that made the game unplayable was unbearably large this time around. Up to the point that you can't get rewards for a 30min+ mission because you gotta abort the mission due to a bug (Or you are stuck in loading screen to your Dry Dock etc..)

Most of the teased features are missing. For example: Railjack was advertised as unifying the content of warframe, not create another bubble that is disconnected to the rest of the game (I mean you Plains/Eidolons/arbitrations/conclave etc.) *chuckles whilst thinking about the last one*

Usually i wouldn't write this and just overlook it but the way you/they hyped this update really made me expect that it would be different this time. Overall i'm just disappointed in you/them for releasing it now in this state instead of waiting 1-3 weeks for a polished (or at least playable) version. 

Suggestions: Please increase Pustrels drop rate & increase the base charge of your Railjack repair tool. If you make it a limited use please don't make us rely on the most rare resource for it to refill it (Pustrels). As most other users have already pointed out in some forums, it's just depressing to watch your ship crumble (*You have 50 seconds left until detonation) whilst you cannot do anything about it because no one has any ammo left to repair it. Because of this broken repair dynamic/system the best way to play the Update was/is the following:

1. Leave your Railjack @ mission start behind (Sounds already counter Intuitive, right? Don't worry about it. *This is fine*)

2. Fly away as far as possible & draw attention of the present fighters

3. Defeat fighters whilst you wait for a Crewship to spawn

4. Hijack the Crewship, without dying whilst trying

5.Kill everything with your newly acquired target following missiles installed in an undying ship

6.collect your loot (with less of a time sink now)

Now you worked yourself around the repair mechanic but you may come to question yourself why you spend 6 million credits & unreal waiting time for a Railjack when all you needed was 1-2 enemy ships. Well, as always things are subject to change & i know thatyou/they/you are working real hard to get everything to work. And i am really looking forward to the direction that Warframe will take in the frame of Railjack. All i am asking is to please use the potential this Idea/vision truly has. And release an update in a playable version, otherwise there is not much point to upgrade the game, when it's just gonna be a waste of a time for your players (lost mission rewards in 6/10 missions)

This update has really cemented the long-held idea that DE does not play their own game outside of Prime Time. I refuse to believe someone who actually plays games would beta test this content and go "Yes, this is fine. The archwing being faster than its own bullets is fine. I'm also sure people will sure enjoy having to spend 100% of mission time doing repairs with a limited resource that drops 1500 meters away from them while having 200m vacuum. What is specially fun is that we will add the most basic functions behind a multi-tiered leveling system in a weird arbitrary manner, that is sure to be very enjoyable".

Just... play the game every once in a while, I imagine it might not be very enjoyable after so many years, but that's the gig.

8 hours ago, Demaneth said:

- Teammates die when loading on the slingshot just before they shoot the cannon. That phase shoud be inmortality phase like when you fly to the objective. Its absurd to ride the slingshot and die. Yes its outside the ship but some protection to the warframe before the shoot¿? You are a sitting duck on the slingshot. Oh and the camera sensitivity is high for some reason.

It also doesn't respect inversion settings, which is pretty awkward,.  So if you use inverted controls you're fumbling around like an idiot as it jerks around at high speed in directions you didn't entirely intend 😉

9 hours ago, yarl5000 said:

Hey DE why is this a thing? Hey DE can you explain the Refine portion like if I don't do that before the mission ends do I get jack S#&$?

If so why is this a thing that has to be done and isn't auto done or told to do it in game?

Refine Resources

Probably because if the team wants to do multiple missions in a row, the resources from the last run carries on to the next run. If you refine, you start the new mission with no carry over.

That being said, there should be an auto-refine when return to drydock, if it isn't implemented already.

Game-breaking Railjack bug here ! Entering any crewship with warframe through archwing can result pretty often in being stuck in this crewship for forever :/ The first doors in crewship tileset do not open (despite having green lights on them), "X" button to exit crewship does not work too in this case. From what I've seen as long as all players (at the end of mission) don't enter the Railjack as long mission cannot be completed (and yes, it shouldn't be like that, but it is... something has happened to extraction mechanic as well). Final outcome ? Being forced to abort mission and lose all rewards. 

Instead of melee rework, you could have made a huge buff to the archwing as people hate it and never used it. We need better movement, give itzal its teleporting back. Make it easier to hit enemies with archguns, Reduce the amount of xp needed for archwing, its too much now. And also, archwing is kinda the thing noone wanted to touch in this state, just rework it asap to be FUN and have some control, not just die from a crewman ship in one hit  that even missed.

Fix. Pago. On. Kuva. Fortress for Clem's sake we can't farm Harrow, if you can't fix the damn node just put Harrow neuroptics on another one already seriously.

Oh and there's also a bug on nikana SFX when you hit no enemies with your attacks there is no sound I'm using the mithra skin, don't know about other skins.

And btw could you fix the fact that heavy attack trigger by itself when you have an high attack speed and you smash E it's kind of annoying 

I personally like the update so far, might because I have not really done any space missions yet. Knowing that things will just get patched I decide to play it after one week or two. 

I like to have roles like trin just playing my part by sitting inside the ship repair stuff. 

Space fighting is completely different and there’s a lot to improve.

thumbs up for the market item packets which separate stupid consumables with decos and thus lowering the price. 

19 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's nice and all, but why is it even a matter of picking things up at all? Like, do you think having to fly around for ten minutes after the mission ends picking up drops makes the game more fun? If I designed it, I'd just make the loot appear directly in inventory, no picking up needed. If you absolutely insist on this, I assure you you can add another zero on the end of those numbers without doing the game any harm whatsoever.

NOW they "fix" this? We asked for better vaccum on Archwing for years.

It needed a huge battleship to fix this and it's not even a good fix with this.

It is still a looter game mostly, why DE? Why make things hard on purpose?

I've lost some friends by now of this game, a lot not like your direction you go and the bugs you cause and lack of focus, Railjack was supposed to be THIS MAIN UPDATE, and so far i seen a lot are unhappy with it, and don't get me started on the Lichs.

I not even touched Lichs at all yet and never want to, same for Railjack, i lost my damn interest in it the closer it gotten now thanks to how things turned out.

All i do is login for daily login and be done lately, i not even farmed prime frame or weapons lately or other things, maybe i am just burned out also but loosing friends to this is sad.

i used the celestial twin skill from a crewmember during mission .. after mission i still had the celestil twin stuck to me in my railjack. teleported outside, went back in: still there

crew all left the party allready, so i have a wukong twin from some random player following me around while having lunch .. i should let him bring me lunch 😄

edit: i did a whole mission, he's still there and even joined me outside the railjack in the dojo now

This is getting frustrating as hell.

Still no fix to the melee heavy attack triggering unintended all the time. THIS IS MAKING MELEE COMPLETELY BROKEN FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. You cannot build a combo counter. Can't do melee attack with gunblades either. How is this not fixed yet?

You tweaked the look of the frames in the arsenal, but it didn't solve the problem. Frames still look washed up by dim moonlight. I can't see whites, only greys. They're a little lighter now, but they're still grey. Fashion frame is now a pain in the ass, because every little thing you change you need to leave the arsenal and either go to captura or archwing to check how it looks. It's the freaking skylight that is causing this problem. Please for the love of god give us the option to have the old orbiter look back as that would solve the lighting issue.

Also, i see you made new changes to archwing movement. I can't do afterburn now. Did it get removed from the game? I can't seem to find any way to trigger it. 

6 hours ago, Demaneth said:

Would be cool to just add a fancy anymation for loot drones from the railjack and automatically every resource object shoot they pick it in any range of the map... And show them on the normal resource UI place. At this point they become common just light up isos and more rare resources, like when you pick up an orokin cell...

I'm skeptical. For all we know they could just add these as market purchases.

The fundamental concept of hoovering up drops in space is flawed. It shouldn't be bandaided; it should be removed. Streamlined entirely.

13 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

That's nice and all, but why is it even a matter of picking things up at all? Like, do you think having to fly around for ten minutes after the mission ends picking up drops makes the game more fun? If I designed it, I'd just make the loot appear directly in inventory, no picking up needed. If you absolutely insist on this, I assure you you can add another zero on the end of those numbers without doing the game any harm whatsoever.

^

5 hours ago, b4timert said:

DE is geniuses. If railjack is so bad and people complain about it they will forget how bad liches are so DE dont have to fix them.

Lunaro is also still a thing now! NEVER FORGET 😆

Jokes by side, Thats actually a problem i have with Warframe. Its getting kinda more and more worse. They add way to much stuff into a game which "could fit" but doesnt hit the mark quite well. Look at said PvP stuff. Its not only bad, its a mess. The game is not made for PvP, not at all but still exists.

Archwing is also another thing a lot people even want you to forget about which seems like DE just want you to remind you is a thing with this railjack update only Star Trek fans maybe enjoy for real. Since the latest Archwing controls update, it feels even more messy to think of or play with. The controls went from "wonky" to "way to stiff" now, you can pretty much break mid-air with them wile the control scheme for the railjack is still as wonky as the old archwings - is makes just no sense.

in other words as i said already in another topic:

18 hours ago, Leon-Darkheart said:

i still think that warframe, as game, slowly feels more like a teenager which suffers from a midlife crisis and dont know what it wants to be. Srsly here.

Warframe in its core is a 3rd person shooter so why dont we go from there and might add stuff which kinda fine-tunes it insteed of adding half-broken content which only fits maybe the theme of the game ("Space") but pretty much nothing else? I mean as i said already, look it all the stuff DE did add and noone gives either a crap about or its just long forgotten. As for some samples:

Lunaro, Conclave, kubrows (since they STILL need this freaking DNA-thing to stay alive so noone cares using them anyways), K-Drives (since you can use your archwing on open world areas (and thats maybe the only good thing about it...)) and Frame fighter, just to name some.

I mean DE just have to agree here that this stuff pretty much failed since its existance.

It might sounded all good on paper like the K-drives but again, why should i ever use it if im only able to use it on 2 open world areas maybe and 1 of them has not even really something to do with it in the first place since it has not something build for it (since its pretty much just a wasteland). SUre, you can say "but youre able to do it~" that might be true but i can also say In minecraft youre able to build a big freaking pen*s out of stone. Just coz you CAN do it, doesnt mean you should or it will "fix" the game somewhat and in the case of K-drives, again, you just have 2 areas you can use it but you had already a 2nd and way better opinion to be faster in this areas, the archwing.

So again, insteed of giving us half broken content which, at the end, is mostly just a farm fest to create more and more materials which you might just need for 1 god dang time or thing and you only get maybe in some missions you might only played ONES and never really wanted to play them EVER again or youre just already way to HIGH leveld that those said missions are just way to easy and boring for you to start or farm - looking at the latest rail jack-farm part missions they did before empyrean as good sample or the whole kuva lich system which is just normal missions you normaly do just a bit harder - they should fine tune the 3rd person combat.

Let us give the ability to lean on something and search for cover, give us a bullet(out)run, let us shoot and aim over obsticals, maybe let us throw our melee weapons (not only glaives) and colllect them back - stuff like which just would make the game in its CORE better. I dont need an attempt of minecraft in this game or a fishing simulator (even if its kinda ok), I dont need to add something into the game noone needed in the first place like frame fighter (srsly, do you remember how much they hyped it and it pretty much was forgotten a week after the release?) or K-drives (since we already HAD a better opinion).

If they would keep fixing the stuff or adding stuff which just would add SOMETHING to its core 3rd person shooter gameplay, it would be enough for sure but right now, it feels all like its forced content people have to play to finish "something" or the story but maybe dont really want and just want to enjoy the "basic warframes core" as it is which would be a 3rd person shooter but at the end we just get more "content" attempt tries which fail in their existance or content which just adds more farming for something you might do just ONE time and never again and i guess i dont need to add a sample for the meaning of this here. Im srs to say that. by now, i still wonder why warframe has no battle royale mode (but dear god im glad it doesnt have one and i HOPE it stays this way...).

Since update 27 I have been completely unable to interact with the reliquary drive thus making it impossible to start the mission on Lua to get the key. Am I the only one with this issue? Regardless of being unable to activate the reliquary drive I can still fly my railjack into missions and I feel like that's not how it's supposed to work.

Archived