Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

• Like 19

Warframe has always been grind and RNG (not Lich amounts of RNG) but nonetheless.

It's your fault you have forgotten your archwing, meanwhile I happen to enjoy my Amesha.

Apart from the bugs I actually like this update and need I remind you this is only Part 2 of the whole Empyrean update which consists of 3 Parts.

Give it a chance if you want. I have heard nothing but complaints about Empyrean but I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

and finally Each to their Own. No one is forcing you to build the Railjack. Absolutely no one.

• Like 45

10 minutes ago, Awazx said:

For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

Well, instead burned Warframe I guess you are burned (out). Putting aside negative emotions, if you don't try Railjack you will never know if it's worth or not. That's what this game always was about. Testing content by playing through it and improving it.

What we received now is just a small portion, they allow us to develop new system, new toys so we can get harders stuff.

Besides, this space coop pirate simulator is actually quite fun and enjoyable. All of my friends like it so far. We are having a blast playing in an actual spaceship XD

Give it a try at least then you can post your constructive feedback here.

• Like 19

à l’instant, darkhades2012 a dit :

Give it a try at least then you can post your constructive feedback here.

Before writing this I have thoroughly tested it on ships of my clan companions. I don't need my own ship-

• Like 1

Railjack is certianly interesting, but it doesn't seem to give me anything outside of itselfs. That is to say nothing you do in railjack really has any affect in the rest of the game. The exception is the 2 new weapons, but all the other rewards are just buffs to your railjack. Maybe my tune will change once the final part comes out but as it stands now it's to isolated to be worth it.

• Like 2

finally stayed cool and beat the first mission, then it said something like you can run and avoid the op dudes that came as backup....no green WP, so i stayed and killed the new guys, took forever but i managed with 1 revive left.  then still no way to exit other than abort mission!!!

This is by far the worst new content added to a game, tested by devs with GOD MODE!! Wait??@!@#! They don't just use GOD MODE, they have bugframefree MODE, no bugs, no chat issues, no this tenno you are talking with atm is offline stuff....

Planes was a terrible launch, but this Empooryousomemore update tops anything I've experienced in any game ever....

don't forget the cost, 6 mil, 36 hours of built time, not actual time, and grind for drops + mission times, the lich grind is nothing to this lolol

• Like 3

Got to be honest, I've felt from day one, nothing in empyrian seemed to 'need' a railjack, and having played it I still feel that there is nothing there that actually warrants the big ass slow moving ship which needs large amount of micro management....

IMO from what I've seen so far (and I doubt the other missions will change much) the entire game mode is boring as hell for at least 2 players too, one person to manage the resources on the ship and/or put out the flames (why....) and one person who needs to pilot the railjack, which basically felt like I was trying to move a ferry while being attacked by super agile high powered jet boats....

The grind before and ongoing feels incredibly unwarranted and in all honesty at this moment in time I feel the entire update was a waste of DE's resources when it could have gone into more 'pve' warframe content.  It's also (ignoring a few resources) an entirely self contained game mode AGAIN....

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, KendoTsukikage said:

then still no way to exit other than abort mission!!!

Go to your navigation & choose "dry dock"

On topic, I agree completely. I didn't play the Old Blood "cause it's still not good as it is, & now that I get back, I have to grind again. Grind for stuff that isn't out yet (the new war), I'm getting tired of this, you can't even call this a burn out since I didn't really play in the last few months

EDIT: I still remember when the Hema got released, saying they wanted to see how far they could take the grind. I have the same feeling with Empyrean

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Go to your navigation & choose "dry dock"

On topic, I agree completely. I didn't play the Old Blood "cause it's still not good as it is, & now that I get back, I have to grind again. Grind for stuff that isn't out yet (the new war), I'm getting tired of this, you can't even call this a burn out since I didn't really play in the last few months

while i was in the mission the hotfix was going on, and happened well before i took on the reinforcements, so selected dojo was just the message, and updated blah blah blah...

36 minutes ago, Daziri said:

Warframe has always been grind and RNG (not Lich amounts of RNG) but nonetheless.

It's your fault you have forgotten your archwing, meanwhile I happen to enjoy my Amesha.

Apart from the bugs I actually like this update and need I remind you this is only Part 2 of the whole Empyrean update which consists of 3 Parts.

Give it a chance if you want. I have heard nothing but complaints about Empyrean but I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

and finally Each to their Own. No one is forcing you to build the Railjack. Absolutely no one.

This is still part 1. Not part 2.

3 hours ago, Daziri said:

I happen to enjoy my Amesha.

You mean the one whose permanent invincibility and infinite energy remove all archwing gameplay mechanics other than the DPS of your gun? What a great endorsement of the archwing system!

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

wow you're one hundred per cent right, DE forgot about what made warframe warframe, and they're just adding different games on top of the game, not only fragmenting the experience, but neglecting the real game! the game that should've gotten most of the developping time, instead DE adds small updates to the main game, and make new games as big updates!

• Like 2

Huh yeah OP points kinda valid

5 minutes ago, MimouAuditore said:

wow you're one hundred per cent right, DE forgot about what made warframe warframe, and they're just adding different games on top of the game, not only fragmenting the experience, but neglecting the real game! the game that should've gotten most of the developping time, instead DE adds small updates to the main game, and make new games as big updates!

and this guy summed it up pretty accurate..

• Like 2

I believe that the epic space battle concept was part of DE Steve's original dream with Warframe when it launched.

This sounds like his vision come to life after many years of work and it looks like the entire team at DE went along with this even though it sounds like a majority of the player base prefer the traditional ground combat shooter mechanic.

The hint that this is not as popular should have come from Archwing. While still alive and works, is never a preferred game mode amongst players.  Why DE decided to still push Empyrean through remains a mystery to me.  My guess is they committed to this at TennoCon 2017/2018 and to backtrack would admit a mistake and wasted investment in dev effort.

I dunno.  Whether they have gone too far with this remains to be seen.

• Like 6

vor einer Stunde schrieb Awazx:

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

That is what I really don't understand. The core of Warframe is amazing and noone has built something similar. But instead of building on this core we get space fight. That the whole thing was launched in this buggy state with a long holidays ahead is beyond me.

I also do not understand why Railjack is advertised to new players. If you are new to Warframe and want to play railjack you have to do many other things that have absolutely nothing to do with spacefight. I honestly wonder if new players will grind 50-70 hours to be able to play railjack or just invest a few dollars for a copy of Everspace that allows spacefight right from the start. 

I do not see who the target audience for this space flight shooter extension is and how it fits in the playstyle of the majority of players.

Edited by k05h
  • Like 4