Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

22 hours ago, Zakual said:

Behind the pilot position there is a "navigation console" .... open it up and go back to the hanger from there....

People should really look around. First thing I did was check out ship areas and potential console names so i dont miss anything... even then its active...right there...behind you.... good lord.

its ok to misread something...there was no way to leave, the nav acted like it was during the mission, you know kinda like you can't use it during the mission.......bugframe

4 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

This release is archwing multiplayer, correct? Did archwing suddenly become popular under my nose? Did they fix all the problems people had with archwing?

Pretty much, not especially, and no, in that order.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

After reading a few posts about Empyrean and the Old Blood, I can't help but to question if many players simply just don't understand how warframe and its updates work. 

Warframe is a PROGRESSIVE story that is building over a long period of time. Every update is a preset for the picture and is not a simple pointless add. Empyrean will have its role as time progress. It is not a one dimensional game nor simply a "hack n slash" but, instead, a living and developing novel. From my guess, I'd say that we're near the middle of this book as our tenno are still young and only recently back in action again and growing. 

That said, why people don't listen or read what the devs tell us is baffling. If you're just simply looking for a type of play in this game, then play it. If you're burnt out, then chill on playing it. Empyrean is not to your liking? Don't play it. Lunaro is fun as hell and conclave has its devoted fans but, if survival is your thing, then go for it. Warframe is big and diverse enough to pick something and enjoy. The devs intentionally built it that way and WILL NOT STOP having a good time expressing their creative vision. Enjoy the universe.

Oh quite easy really, there are better devs out there that DE. remember no man sky and how much it changed in 2 years? yeah DE kept making railjack to be the best thing to come for the past 2 years. Hell if they failed at their hype marketing then they would have taken a major blow to their revenue. The same revenue build up on half hearted mechanics, tedious grind, awful game explainations and balancing. DE just gives people maybe 1-2 big updates per year which are the same level of bugginess as bethesda games and they don't even have the integrity to quickly fix them, instead just leaving them until it hurts their pockets like that "nekros hydroid khora nerf". The fanboys of DE are easily pleased with skins, almost worthless grind and pay to skip, telling everyone how warframe is unique. Sorry pal now DE is a trend chaser, a lazy one at that, plain and simple. Hell I don't even support the game anymore, neither should any reasonable person seeing the direction DE is moving in

7 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

That said, why people don't listen or read what the devs tell us is baffling. If you're just simply looking for a type of play in this game, then play it. If you're burnt out, then chill on playing it. Empyrean is not to your liking? Don't play it. Lunaro is fun as hell and conclave has its devoted fans but, if survival is your thing, then go for it. Warframe is big and diverse enough to pick something and enjoy.

QFT.

That said, don't pay too much attention to the forums right now as a Console player, I'd say. I.e. don't let it spoil your mood while waiting

Yes, Empyrean has quite a few flaws, quite a few bugs, and it's clear it requires quite a bit more work and polish. But I'd be lying if it weren't a lot of fun. Obviously, people who are in the same boat as me are too busy playing it right now. (Literally, by the way. My boat is the best, of course. And they better not scratch its paint while out there! 😄)

3 hours ago, DeathDweller said:

The question was if players understand WF, not how DE chooses to make an income.Devs can turn this game 360s all year long but in the end it's the players that decide if a game is fun/enjoyble/worth the money/worth it.

Plus there are other ways for sustainable content besides rng but the problem isn't the rng, it's the reward itself to start with.In other games a new weapon with better stats can change the way you play the game, in here what?With so many weapons to choose from, with mods and rivens, nukes and constant nerfs that type of rng is irrelevant.If a game is judged from it's creators rather than the players then it's worth as much as the taped banana in the art gallery.

And you don't understand what I put

Warframe is a game where DE can put whatever they want. If they want to put walking simulator in warframe, they can and no one can claim they understand or know warframe better and then say it's crap or garbage because it's DE's game, not theirs.

DE can add whatever they want and you have the choice to either play it or not. You want to claim you know better than them? Get that power and show us that you know better

52 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And you don't understand what I put

Warframe is a game where DE can put whatever they want. If they want to put walking simulator in warframe, they can and no one can claim they understand or know warframe better and then say it's crap or garbage because it's DE's game, not theirs.

DE can add whatever they want and you have the choice to either play it or not. You want to claim you know better than them? Get that power and show us that you know better

So a mucisian makes a song but none of the notes harmonize, resulting in utter noise and none likes it but because they didn't make the song means they don't know music or can criticize it.

Edited by DeathDweller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DeathDweller said:

So a mucisian makes a song but none of the notes harmonize, resulting in utter noise and none likes it but because they didn't make the song means they don't know music or can critisize it.

Oh look, another poster who confuses personal opinions for objective facts.

5 minutes ago, Mints said:

Oh probably just the part about "utter noise that none likes." Y'know, the part where you create a loaded comparison?

That was for the music to emphasize that someone doesn't have to be a musician.It wasn't a hidden hit for the game.

Edited by DeathDweller

One of biggest disadvantages of WF is F2P. I don’t know how about others but before I go to buy game for bucks I read few reviews and descriptions, while WF is like: “Hey, look a F2P game, let’s download it.” And then players are surprised that they must cooperate, for best result, in Co-op game and farming a lot while it’s core of game.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)GEN-Son_17:

Pro-tip: If someone did not say "everyone", do not force "everyone" in their statement. Also, if that's what you got out of what I wrote then that's fine if you didn't understand it.

Oh, I'm sorry, did you intend to talk only about a small number of specific people when you made sweeping generalizations about "people" in general?

And of course I just didn't understand your post just like people who didn't like Empyrean just didn't understand it.

7 hours ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

This release is archwing multiplayer, correct? Did archwing suddenly become popular under my nose? Did they fix all the problems people had with archwing?

In order: A little, probably not, and some. For example, railjack only requires one player to deck out the thing while three others can just hop on and contribute. Picking up loot is still about a *@##$ though.

On 2019-12-13 at 4:30 PM, Awazx said:

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

Boo hoo to you, better luck next time. You are plain selfish, you just want what YOU LIKE from Warframe and that's it.

If something is not of your liking, then it's bad. Grow up budd.

On 2019-12-13 at 3:59 PM, Ephemiel said:

Let's not forget Empyrean was advertised in the past as an expansion.

An expansion that boils down to THE SAME DAMN THING WE HAVE ALWAYS DONE.

false, they clearly stated not to think of it as an expansion, they plan to make this what connects the game as a hole. Also as I was typing this i noticed there is like 6+ pages so whatever.

17 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Yea for some reason people love to think that it's only China doing shady videogame tactics when its actually everyone lol

They believe that because 1. Look at the history of Umbra Excalibur for once. 2. Look up the history of how they (chinese devs) tried to promote the game. 3. Look at the history of what they tried to change in the game/add (wukong) . . . 

Not only that the company they sided with was known for having games with TONS of pay to win elements. 

Edited by theRCB
  • Like 1

On 2019-12-13 at 5:45 PM, (PS4)FatMacBrbn said:

I'm a solo player and only intend to invest time in this game again when New War content drops.

Is this Rail Jack stuff something needed for the story? I have no intention of playing it otherwise.

From what I understand, Railjack is needed for the new war. I could be wrong, and someone will likely correct me.

Il y a 6 heures, (XB1)KnightSlayer411 a dit :

You are plain selfish, you just want what YOU LIKE

You have understood very well: I want what I like and I don't want what I don't like.

And I don't like Railjack. I like Warframe.

Edited by Awazx

I completely disagree. 

Railjack isn't a mini game. It can become the whole game. Yes, if they further polish it(technically and gameplay-wise) Railjack can be implemented in to basically everything. Right now invading crew ships and small bases feel a bit gimmicky, and for some reason game feels super heavy in those areas, but if they manage to improve it, I wouldn't mind playing Railjack instead of the base game. 

First off, Railjack, for the first time in the history of WF(save raids) gives players the incentive to play as a squad in different roles. Which has been one of WF's major problems for a long time. Most weapons and frames are basically "do it all." Now people have to rely on team work and communicate. That is a huge breath of fresh air, and a step in the right direction.

Now I do believe that Archwing gameplay also will requrie further polish. Maybe some new mods, new abilities and reworks. 

But all in all, Railjack gameplay, from crafting/tinkering with your ship to using it, is super fun and very promising. And guess what, it is challenging. What else is challenging in WF ? Let me tell you. Nothing. 

Railjack has great potential. I hope DE invests more and more into it. This update in many years rekindled my love for the game.

Great Work DE!

• Like 3