Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Serafim_94:

People asked for actual coop experience? Here it is.

People asked for hard content? Take it.

People asked for sustainable gameplay? Say what you will about grinding 10 same reactors with different stats, it's as sustainable as it gets.

Now that people got exactly what they cried for, they cry about getting it. Better yet, they cry about those things not being forced into core experience. If it would be forced into core experience, people would cry about DE ruining their power fantasy. Probably would be the same people too.

Having played lots of railjack this weekend I can tell you what we got:

If you look beyond the bugs, railjack is a new means of transportation to a new disconnected game world similar to PoE or Fortuna. We got a bunch of railjack only resources, a new syndicate (intrinsics) and new economy for the sake of the economy (railjack upgrade mechanisms). The best moments in railjack are moments of "classic" gameplay when you use archwing to land on crewships, stations, galleons or your railjacks gets invaded. The pewpew of turrents gets old really fast and makes you nauseous. 

The closing of hull breaches or extinguishing of fires is just mineral mining. It uses even the same sound assets. The constant building of revulite to be able to do railjack mineral mining is a copy the old archwing charges or fishing baits.

Railjack is basically the 3rd pseudo open world we have after Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna. This time well gated behind 6mio credits entry fee, a maxed out archwing and meta-archguns. 

I wanted to have sustainable content for all players that builds on the base gameplay. I wanted something as simple as a copy of Destiny's gambit mode. But all I got is another disconnected economy and a new bundle of t-shirts 😞

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That quote above "Maybe it is time to stop playing. Or maybe look for another game you can finish in a week" is just that, an attempt to silence all feedback because of the existence of bad feedback, an attempt to drive off anyone who dissents for the sake of those who don't. That isn't right, in any circumstance.

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Not even once have I been forced to do anything I didn't want to in Warframe, I haven't needed to grind faster, I haven't been told to exclusively play one Warframe, and I haven't had any of my time in Warframe ruined by another person's feedback.

My intentions were to discus this rather than attempting to silence feedback. I have worded myself too strongly.

This might have not happened to you, but it does happen.

Old player here from 2012 here with 3500+ hours played on steam and I agree with OP.

I really wonder where they will take this railjack mode to as well since the base game really still is about warframes and guns.

I understand them wanting to try new things out and expand the game but archwing 3.0 just leaves a bad taste in my mouth as it was never a thing the community at large really got behind. Sure some people liked archwing, but mostly it was like playing bumper cars in space and that is not a good thing.

Edited by latetier

dude, wtf are u talking about, empyrean is the original vision DE had for archwing, and i dare to say for the dark sector universe, and not only that but the integration of all of its systems in a consistent game-play, thing is, its not here yet, they just gave us parts of the update, and im yet to see the lich system being expanded to empyrean (probably once the command intrinsic gets released)

warframe is not burning like a railjack under enemy fire, its burning itself trying to fly into the sun

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toppien said:

dude, wtf are u talking about, empyrean is the original vision DE had for archwing, and i dare to say for the dark sector universe, and not only that but the integration of all of its systems in a consistent game-play, thing is, its not here yet, they just gave us parts of the update, and im yet to see the lich system being expanded to empyrean (probably once the command intrinsic gets released)

warframe is not burning like a railjack under enemy fire, its burning itself trying to fly into the sun

either way it will still burn :crylaugh:

14 minutes ago, BladeDphoenix said:

The people complaining about railjack and liches are the same people who complain about Boris Johnson and Trump

That is demonstrably false.

37 minutes ago, X_96 said:

My intentions were to discus this rather than attempting to silence feedback.

And just like DE, your execution leaves something to be desired. I expect hotfixes to your original post over the next week, resolving issues the responders have raised with it.

3 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

So grinding your butt off instead of being stuck in the same place for eternity is not the way to play? Just what have I been doing for 4+ years, then?

I thought this was a looter-horde-shooter based on grinding.

Oh, wait, it is...

People where looking for ways to complete it at all.

We leave it behind because upgrades do jack sh*t and don't help at all. Leaving it behind is the only way to play these missions within any reasonable amount of time.

Well, yes. Or do you want to spend hours in the same mission only to get nothing out of it?

I'm looking for said items and upgrades because otherwise it's impossible to even get any experience in the first place thanks to DE's failure to balance things.

I want fun. I can't have fun because I don't have the means to play the way I want due to lack of said items and upgrades.

I've completed the first missions several times before getting annoyed to death by DE's inability to get their stuff working. I didn't expect the update to be amazing, but they delivered even less than that. All we got is a paper-mache ship and 2 or 3 tilesets. The only difference is how fast you get annihilated.

Well, guess what I am doing right now. My disappointment knows no bounds.

I suggest you get your head out of the sand and look at the bigger picture - Railjack/Empyrean is flawed beyond anything else in the entire game and DE's first action was to make it even worse (i.e making crewships even more of a pain to deal with if you didn't unlock specific skills yet).

Heck, why don't you tell us how this game is "supposed to be played" so that we may be enlightend by your infinite wisdom?

And don't you dare to tell me "you're supposed to have fun mimimimi" I'M TRYING DAMN IT.

If the team and pilot is good the ship survives with almost no breach because all fighters are under control and all crewships are beamed down. If the team is bad they look for meta ways to do it. I'm sorry.

11 minutes ago, VA4L said:

If the team is bad they look for meta ways to do it.

By that logic good players should be modding their weapons for Magnetic damage against Grineer and bad ones use Corrosive or Radiation because they are effective against armor.

TIL Effective tactics = bad players.

4 hours ago, X_96 said:

To make it short, people don't play warframe like it's intended to. As soon as Empyrean launched, everyone started to look for the fastest way to complete it, missing out on most of the experience. Everyone leaves the ship behind because they don't bother to upgrade it. To put it simply, it would take too long. It's not the experience they looking for, it's those items and upgrades. Not playing for fun, but for completions sake.

If you are one of those people, please do us all a favor and don't complain once you got the content done within a week or two. Maybe it's time to stop playing. Or maybe look for another game you can finish in a week.

Or maybe DE could make meaningful game play with actual longevity?

Veterans and novices alike still play sorties, but this will be dead content in a few months, because you can't get a crew going. Also, for what exactly? The Railjack exists for its own sake, everything else about it ignores everything you invested your time in. At best you can hope for the occasional umbral forma blueprint.

Maybe it's time that people like you stop defending developers and start some meaningful criticism.

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

By that logic good players should be modding their weapons for Magnetic damage against Grineer and bad ones use Corrosive or Radiation because they are effective against armor.

TIL Effective tactics = bad players.

No, by that logic good players play the game as it was intended to be played.

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I didn't know DE made you the judge, jury, and executioner on "correct" gameplay.

I never specified my views on the "correct" way to play. I only said that good players play as intended. But you literally have a weapon that oneshots the crewships and you chose to fly from one ship to the other and respawn 4 times to fight the core? 

Edited by VA4L

The real problem are these white knight shills defending every little thing DE puts out. Saying players who like to play a certain way is the problem is just ridiculous. Playing a game the right way is how ever a player seems fit and has fun doing it. All this is just calling a group of players “toxic” to attempt to make there criticism invalid. It’s not the player fault if it’s buggy and the content is disconnected from the base game. It dose not fall on the players to make mediocre content meaningful and fun it’s on the developer to make content that players will want to play.

Edited by Helminth
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helminth said:

The real problem are these white knight shills defending every little thing DE puts out. Saying players who like to play a certain way is the problem is just ridiculous. Playing a game the right way is how ever a player seems fit and has fun doing it. All this is just calling a group of players “toxic” to attempt to make there criticism invalid. It’s not the player fault if it’s buggy and the content is buggy and disconnected from the base game. It dose not fall on the players to make mediocre content meaningful and fun’s it’s on the developer to make content that players will want to play.

I agree

Oh my god

This yet another "rushers"/"non-rushers" are ruining Warframe thread

It's like I'm back in 2013 holy crap

I legitimately love Railjack more because it means that so many people get to experience the combination of weird jank, counterintuitive decisions, and strangely compelling core gameplay that Warframe was in its very early days

If some players think the best way for them to clear a mission is in their Archwings, let them dive in there. However, I will not leave my ship to pick you up while you play fragile little body outside of my ship. I can already clear most of Earth with little effort solo thanks to the upgrades I have in my ship. My only weakness is my turrets slowly losing to armor. A weakness I am working on as I build more guns. I still use the default Apoc, and that has served me well through most of Earth.

The community's current problem is they are indecisive. They ask for new content, but when we get some, it isn't like the old content, yet if we get more old then we complain about no new content. We want more of a challenge, but when we get it, it isn't worth our effort.

That being said, I'm thoroughly enjoying Empyrean so far, and only found a few bad bugs, as is normal every time something big and new comes out, and this has to be the biggest new thing to come to Warframe since Archwing. Let's hope that it doesn't die and instead grows. We need more core warframe features in Railjack, like fissures, a way to gather Kuva, and a Sortie of some sort.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Toppien a dit :

... and im yet to see the lich system being expanded to empyrean

Can there be anything worse than the Lich and Empyrean system?

Yes: Lich and Empyrean together.  :facepalm:

Edited by Awazx

I wouldn't say that people are the problem, or that they shouldn't play a certain way, because it's a game for them, and it's their choice to decide how they want to play.

That said however, I do agree 100% with what you want to say - people make their own problems and than *@##$ about it on forums to cry on DE. They don't know what is their problem.