Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

Greetings to everyone!

A few cents of my opinion. I started to play year ago. Come to Warframe from.. XCOM2. I never really love any shooter game, but this game totally hooked me.

Because its a game that constantly growing. Evolution of gameplay is main part of Warframe for me. Today in 12.2019 I play in Warframe that not like Warframe in 2018 when I started. So, after year of playing Im far from bored of it. River of changes challenges me to adapt, and i love this feelings. Yes, there are still lot of bugs, issues, logic-breaking things but it doesn't matter for me. I feel it like long duration ongoing series of space ninjas fighting in space, and.. its good.

Sorry for bad English.

18 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

3500 hrs in game, I think i can say something... 

everyone can say something. amount of hours you have spent on game or in game or afk or with game on alt+tab doesnt mean you are 'more right', time to shift this mindset somewhere far. (not you personally, but most people who start thinking like this. your post was used as example and proof).

hell, when I look at what some so called 'vets' spew out, I literally wish a correlation between being right and having hours on the clock existed. but alas...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigBiermonster said:

the amount of grind is BEYOND terrible

I thought so too, then I found out you have to refine the resources you collect in the ship's forge to actually get them as mission rewards. It's a dumb system, but now I'm getting like 1.5k of each of the basic resources per mission, which makes the crafting costs seem not so terrible.

il y a 15 minutes, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

Don't you think you're being a little troll?

The update was out mere hours before you posted this

I guess I should have posted this 1 week after launch to satisfy [Hopper_Orouk] and not call me "troll."

Of course, I also had the option of writing this hours after trying a Railjack and that is exactly what I did.

hace 8 minutos, tzadquiel dijo:

everyone can say something. amount of hours you have spent on game or in game or afk or with game on alt+tab doesnt mean you are 'more right', time to shift this mindset somewhere far. (not you personally, but most people who start thinking like this. your post was used as example and proof).

hell, when I look at what some so called 'vets' spew out, I literally wish a correlation between being right and having hours on the clock existed. but alas...

Just giving my opinion, and watching how other opinions are discarded by being "not enough vet". Well, I spent some time in the game, so I think i know him pretty well, what doesnt mean my opinion is the truth, of course. 

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

And yes, I agree ... all or almost all the points you have indicated are bad systems. The "open world" is not an open world, conclave and Lunaro are unnecessary, Archwing is a marginal system, Lich was one of the worst updates to remember ... and now we have Empyrean, which promises to follow the unbroken chain of successes.

I was being ironic, but who cares?

Its different what you dont like from what is bad.  The truth nobody knows.

I know that work for people is always difficult and annoying, and at some point you get tired of all and quit. Things vanish this way.

Its just impossible to please everyone and some people will never be.

If they do every simple thing you asked will not be enough.

I liked Railjack, i think it's a new thing, it's fun and nice. As i liked plains, fortuna, k drive races and the melee rework. And I think the changes you people listed are important too. They are just different, should be done both.

Sometimes you make people do what you want giving them something and not taking. Criticize a big update with less than 24 hours release it's too rush.

You reply so fast you work here?

Edited by C4Mingus
  • Like 1

I have not tested yet (PS4) so cannot comment on the details. However, in my personal experience with other games, when the games try to create new game play, instead of utilizing existing game play, results are not good. It is very unlikely the new system will appeal to the same audience the game has. It will inventively split dev resources. As a result, both core game content and the new content will suffer in quality and quantity. And eventually, the new content will be semi abandoned. The question of course is, if the resources were used to create more core content, would not that have been better?

On the flip side, you do need to evolve, otherwise things become stale. However, I do not think I have ever seen an MMO/action RPG/shooter looter do that effectively. This is why their life span is few years (exception is WoW, but I dunno enough about it). WF could actually be viewed as an exception to that. 

Personally, I have not played any space or water based game with 3d movement, and liked it. The current archwing missions are my least liked missions in the star chart. It was a chore to go through them and I have never repeated them once after completion.

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

1 hour ago, Egonieser said:

If they don't enjoy it, why play it? You don't lose out on anything major by not doing so.

The thing is the New War. We need a RJ for the New War (what is more core WF content) and thats the only reason why a lot of people play it. You rellay think that you chould play on the new sentient maps without playing through the RJ missions first? Sorry but when you want to continue the story and explore new places then you should build the RJ, level it up and complete all missions. Otherwise you are really stuck with the "old stuff" that will almost never change because DE just adds new stuff and never polishes old stuff. Thats the reason why I play RJ. Not because I really like it. I play it to prepare for the "real" WF content that is comming.

• Like 1

31 минуту назад, XzWasPzX сказал:

Just giving my opinion, and watching how other opinions are discarded by being "not enough vet". Well, I spent some time in the game, so I think i know him pretty well, what doesnt mean my opinion is the truth, of course. 

It's not question of being vet, it's question of witnessing stuff like POE release. Remember how #*!%awful POE was initially? Quills costs? Those things get ironed out over time, usually. Real question is - is DE ready to stick with developing Empyrean, or will it be Archwing 2.0 abandonware?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

It's not question of being vet, it's question of witnessing stuff like POE release. Remember how #*!%awful POE was initially? Quills costs? Those things get ironed out over time, usually. Real question is - is DE ready to stick with developing Empyrean, or will it be Archwing 2.0 abandonware?

if you watched streams (?), you would know that DE is trying things, and seeing how they work out. if they don't, or if interest is low, they switch and pivot to something else. its logical, since you have limited amount of resources and time. 
Same with conclave - they could have deleted it entirely, but they appreciate that there is a group of players who has invested a lot of time in it, so instead of decomissioning a majorily obsolete content, they kept it out of respect. and this is why labelling something as abandonware is a little ignorant. 

• Like 1

1 минуту назад, tzadquiel сказал:

if you watched streams (?), you would know that DE is trying things, and seeing how they work out. if they don't, or if interest is low, they switch and pivot to something else. its logical, since you have limited amount of resources and time. 
Same with conclave - they could have deleted it entirely, but they appreciate that there is a group of players who has invested a lot of time in it, so instead of decomissioning a majorily obsolete content, they kept it out of respect. and this is why labelling something as abandonware is a little ignorant. 

I specifically mentioned Archwing as reference because, IMHO, its biggest problem is how underdeveloped it was. It badly needed affinity and mod farms, it needed more build diversity, it needed map variety. Since none of that is there to the day, of course it's not popular. Somewhat of a faulty circle.

RJ is great base - arguably better than Archwing ever was. If it will remain in that base state, however, it will die. Let's hope not.

1 hour ago, Egonieser said:

I had fun long before Archwing and Railjack and will continue to do so long after, their existence is irrelevant to the core gameplay which is solely boots on the ground. 

See here I am thinking there is going to be a difference between Archwing and Railjack, where Railjack will likely be very relevant to future core gameplay. Time will tell.

47 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

all those thousand years..
all those technologies, ships, weapons..
still stuck in one solar system..

Scientifically speaking, it is correct. Neptune is 4 light hours away. Closest star to us is 4.4 light years away. The game never really indicated how fast ships travel in it. But it is safe to assume they are no where close to the speed of light, especially for ships carrying people or weapons. Traveling to Alpha Centauri (closest star) would probably take thousands of years. 

This is really something that most people do not get. Inter plantery travel is probably within our grasp in the next hundreds of years, with WF probably set a few thousand years in the future. Interstellar travel distances are astronomically (pun intended) larger. It will probably take tens of thousands of year for it to be viable to send people or droids such distances. 

Edited by (PS4)thegarada

5 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Scientifically speaking, it is correct. Neptune is 4 light hours away. Closest star to us is 4.4 light years away. The game never really indicated how fast ships travel in it. But it is safe to assume they are no where close to the speed of light, especially for ships carrying people or weapons. Traveling to Alpha Centauri (closest star) would probably take thousands of years. 

This is really something that most people do not get. Inter plantery travel is probably within our grasp in the next hundreds of years, with WF probably set a few thousand years in the future. Interstellar travel distances are astronomically (pun intended) larger. It will probably take tens of thousands of year for it to be viable to send people or droids such distances. 

We know there's FTL in the form of the rails- and presumably in ships like the railjack, which can apparently go FTL by itself(? I'm admittedly hazy on exactly what the Railjack is, let alone why it's so important, given the grineer crewships, other than their wonky layout, appear to be superior combatants by any measure) 

IIRC, that's part of why the sentients were sent to their system- to prepare it for Orokin colonization and probably build a rail node there. The sentients (Just like... just about every single OTHER Orokin construct with self-awareness) rebelled. 

Honestly, I find it's really best to not think too hard about warframe's setting and lore- a lot of it doesn't really hold up to modest scrutiny. 

hace 39 minutos, Serafim_94 dijo:

That greatly depends on the public acceptance of the game mode, not only, but in great mesure. 

Being limited to clans players, and huge resources requirements, most of the crews I have seen were MR 20 or more. With that limitations being clear, I ve seen many people playing, and still playing. I think Empyrean passed the test, so I expect DE keeps developing the gamemode. 

1 hour ago, XzWasPzX said:

3500 hrs in game, I think i can say something... 

Ok, there are problems with the game mode, thats undeniable. But Im gonna say that I see potential on it, only if they continue to expand this, to Corpus and Infested. Missions need to be more diverse, balance needs to be adjusted, mods system must see a expansion in the features they provide, and finally but not less important, lag issues and matchmaking need to be fixed. Said that, if the work doesnt stop here, RJ may be pretty enjoyable. 

I think, honestly, missions are ok to some extent, but we do need more with varied objectives (Disable pules turbine, that sort of thing) That said, Railjack hasn't even been out a month, and personally I can see it being a real building block for something great- as opposed to TOB and Liches, which need a total overhaul and  rework to be worthwhile IMO. 

Guess we'll see how it shakes out though!

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

I thought so too, then I found out you have to refine the resources you collect in the ship's forge to actually get them as mission rewards. It's a dumb system, but now I'm getting like 1.5k of each of the basic resources per mission, which makes the crafting costs seem not so terrible.

Yeah, but often, captains don't ever want to refine because they want to endlessly hop from mission to mission, and then forget to refine when they finally go back to their dojo.