Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

1 hour ago, Daziri said:

Warframe has always been grind and RNG (not Lich amounts of RNG) but nonetheless.

It's your fault you have forgotten your archwing, meanwhile I happen to enjoy my Amesha.

Apart from the bugs I actually like this update and need I remind you this is only Part 2 of the whole Empyrean update which consists of 3 Parts.

Give it a chance if you want. I have heard nothing but complaints about Empyrean but I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

and finally Each to their Own. No one is forcing you to build the Railjack. Absolutely no one.

The fact he is not forced to build his Railjack doesn't change the fact that DE wasted time on this instead of making something better.

I can only agree with the fact that it is somewhat a whole new kind of gameplay, but to say that it signals a decline of anything is purely dependent on player preferences. So far all the groups I played with from Earth to Saturn had a great time even with the minor hiccups. 

• Like 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Mikaer88:

Some guy said that Empyrean is like Sea of Thieves. Anyone played Sea of Thieves before?

Yep some of it is similar - especially the micro management aspect to keep you busy.

I played SoT for 10 hours with friends before it became just boring. That was at its release a while back. Ironically we went back to warframe. 

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

My biggest criticism of Warframe as a whole. Obsessed with adding shiny new things. Never goes back to polish old things to make them shiny again. They could have worked on core mechanics like damage sytem, armor and shields and the health system as a whole, the powercreep, balance problems. They could have worked on the things that these mechanics apply to, like missions, mission types, tilesets and environments, enemy variety, enemy AI, scaling. The Jupiter tileset rework was cool, but Warframe has had the same maps with the same enemies for years for the majority of its gameplay. Instead of constantly adding onto these most basic of elements, improving and refining them to keep them enjoyable and replayable, DE prefers to focus on gimmicks like archwings, open worlds, and now railjacks. I really don't understand it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ty91 said:

We all fell in love with this game for the core fighting mechanics right? Did any of us long for mining, fishing, flappy bird, guitar hero or space ship battles while playing this game? I sure didn't. Ive been playing for 4+ years now and they really haven't done much with the core gameplay except meele changes.

Nope. That's what makes me so pissed about the open world areas. I wanted open world areas because I wanted a bigger map to kill Grineer and Corpus in, and a bigger map in which DE's cinematic quests could take place. But DE decided to make their open worlds all about resource and standing grind. They ruined it. And now DE has repeatedly made their content about excessive resource grind. They haven't done much at all with the core gameplay. No improvements to the gunplay. No improvements to core movement and movement animations (regular movement, not parkour). No improvements at all to core game modes. I've been playing for over 6 years and they haven't improved these areas of the game.

19 minutes ago, ty91 said:

We all fell in love with this game for the core fighting mechanics right? Did any of us long for mining, fishing, flappy bird, guitar hero or space ship battles while playing this game? I sure didn't. Ive been playing for 4+ years now and they really haven't done much with the core gameplay except meele changes.

Your right the game should stay the same and have the same ambition like every other game out there and play it safe to produce the most profits like EA or Activision.

Maybe Tencent will buy it out and they can be cool like Blizzard and add loot boxes and stuff wee.

Speak for yourself. I love this game because its of its ambition. I can't believe some of you folks want the same cookie cutter crap after so many years. I mean how many hours can you be in Mot before ya blow your brains out.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Awazx said:

After a year of drought of new content and after the questionable Lich system, Empyrean expected as a necessary breath of fresh air that Warframe desperately needed. How wrong I was.

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else. Did Archwing accept at the time? No, because this is Warframe. However, DE continues in its attempt to continue adding micro-games and game systems parallel to the main core (that Warframe-based core that made me fall in love with the game in 2014) and that does not contribute anything nor enrich the central experience of the game.

DE, you have spent 2 years of development at Empyrean. You could have spent that time creating a whole new solar system, with new planets, enemies and mysteries to discover. You could have improved and redesigned all the game systems that you have in the habit of leaving to action after its launch, from the syndicates to the focus system. You could have improved all the missions of the solar system and get it to play something other than defense and survival.

What do I have in place? The possibility of piloting a ship in an “open space” for 4 players, extinguishing fires and necessarily using my (forgotten) Archwing. Again, more grinding, more RNG, more new resources, more things disconnected from the true Warframe universe. For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

You are burning Warframe. You're burning faster than a Railjack burns under enemy fire.

Archwing 2.0.  well said, hated  Archwing 1.0  got to ask my self do the developers even play this game? any good review is nothing more then a money grab fail see you next year..

Edited by Killa_Byte

8 minutes ago, Falseliberty said:

Your right the game should stay the same and have the same ambition like every other game out there and play it safe to produce the most profits like EA or Activision.

Maybe Tencent will buy it out and they can be cool like Blizzard and add loot boxes and stuff wee.

Speak for yourself. I love this game because its of its ambition. I can't believe some of you folks want the same cookie cutter crap after so many years. I mean how many hours can you be in Mot before ya blow your brains out.

I bet you play Lunaro and Frame Fighter every day, huh?

2 minutes ago, ty91 said:

DE is owned by a chinese company to my knowledge. And im glad someone with a different view point has replied to me.

Can I ask why you would rather be spending time in warframe doing these "minigames" rather than playing another game which may have it as their core gameplay?

I'm an old fart I come from stuff like MMO's so I really enjoy the stuff like mining and fishing etc it's right up my alley. I mean I loved zelda growing up, so nabbing those heart containers meant mini games. So I'm a sucker for stuff like that. I goddam love the K-drive (even thou it's purpose vs the arch wing makes it moot)

As for the company that owns warframe right now. It's a company out of Hong Kong. Supposedly there are talks about selling to Tencent. Which if it does happen scares me A LOT more than how buggy updates are.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Daziri said:

Warframe has always been grind and RNG (not Lich amounts of RNG) but nonetheless.

Doesn't excuse it.

meanwhile I happen to enjoy my Amesha.

Which is the most broken Archwing of all in terms of survivability.

Your argument is immediately discredited on that alone.

I have heard nothing but complaints about Empyrean but I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

That's your problem right there. You're incapable of seeing things from anyone else's perspective except your own.

Think about this: If a lot of people are yelling "Fire!", there's a pretty good chance that there actually is a fire.

• Like 8

What's so wrong about having diversity in a game? I rather enjoy the fact that I dont have to tab between games just to do something different. There's always something for whatever mood I'm in.

Also, arcade minigames in larger games is always a blast. I put in quite a few hours playing Lost Viking in Starcraft 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I believe that the epic space battle concept was part of DE Steve's original dream with Warframe when it launched.

In fairness, I'm sure I'm not the only one sharing that dream. It should be optional for those who don't want to participate in/play space combat, but I certainly appreciate what we got here, albeit unfinished and buggy as it initially is. 

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Mikaer88:

I believe Warframe was always in decline. Will this update improve player retention? Time will tell.

It was always a slow and steady growth. If we look at https://steamcharts.com/app/230410 then big story updates as well as new primes bring back players masses. Plains of Eidolon did also an amazing job of getting a huge and different crowd to warframe. 

At the moment I am a bit surprised that The Old Blood kuva leech update brought a higher peak than railjack today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vyra said:

Well i disagree.

Well I disagree to this. 

Edit: But seriously the problem I have with Railjack is DE said they'll connect New War to it, it was shown Lich's were to have their own capital ships which they now don't. But what do we have right now that's rewarding in the railjack experience? Just more modification to your own railjack and skillset within it. It's exactly like archwing as of this moment it has zero connection to the game of Warframe as a whole. If new players are doing any railjacking, they are wasting their time. They should be out progressing their quests or building up their warframes and weapons, getting mods that actually work in 99% of the rest of the game. 

for now railjack is just a distraction that serves no purpose to the base gameplay of warframe and only another single drop of lore. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

What's so wrong about having diversity in a game? I rather enjoy the fact that I dont have to tab between games just to do something different. There's always something for whatever mood I'm in.

Also, arcade minigames in larger games is always a blast. I put in quite a few hours playing Lost Viking in Starcraft 2.

Minigames are for games that have their core gameplay and direction in solid shape, that the devs can afford spending time and effort developing silly diversions without neglecting the quality of the real game they're being added onto.

I don't think Warframe has earned its minigames. For a game that's defended so often as "it's a beta!" and "it's under development!" it sure doesn't seem to receive a whole lot of real development these days. How long did this melee rework take? And it's still not finished? But we have time for Jumbo Archwings--I mean Railjacks, sure.

Gameplay diversity is for people who can manage it, and it's clear to me that DE can't.

• Like 1

On one hand, I do think I would've liked umpteen different new tilesets and new mission types based closely on core gameplay, but I appreciate DE giving us something new. I'm glad this game isn't designed by committee. If it was, we'd practically have the same thing just reskinned over and over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

Minigames are for games that have their core gameplay and direction in solid shape, that the devs can afford spending time and effort developing silly diversions without neglecting the quality of the real game they're being added onto.

I don't think Warframe has earned its minigames. For a game that's defended so often as "it's a beta!" and "it's under development!" it sure doesn't seem to receive a whole lot of real development these days. How long did this melee rework take? And it's still not finished? But we have time for Jumbo Archwings--I mean Railjacks, sure.

Gameplay diversity is for people who can manage it, and it's clear to me that DE can't.

And I respect your perspective, but, it's clear to me that DE can.

It's the ever changing landscape of the game that has kept me interested for the last few years.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Falseliberty said:

Speak for yourself. I love this game because its of its ambition. I can't believe some of you folks want the same cookie cutter crap after so many years.

My personal desire for the sentient threat that is now known as "the new war" was we take our orbiters and invade the sentient system directly. New planets and nodes to explore. That's not Cookie Cutter experiences, it's adding new maps and hopefully new mission types to Warframe while expanding out it's lore. 

with railjack it's just fighting grinner and corpus yet again for mods and resources that are exclusively used within railjack itself with no lore expansion to speak of apart from a very literal finger. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

On one hand, I do think I would've liked umpteen different new tilesets and new mission types based closely on core gameplay, but I appreciate DE giving us something new. I'm glad this game isn't designed by committee. If it was, we'd practically have the same thing just reskinned over and over. 

This. Thing is, new modes aren't the problem. New modes are great when they can expand on the scale and scope of Warframe's core gameplay. They're terrible when they don't fit Warframe's core scifi combat-based gameplay (like Lunaro, Frame Fighter, and Mining and Fishing activities), and when they aren't designed in a way that enhances the core gameplay experience. Open world could've been great if it had been focused on integrating Warframe's various tileset game modes into one location: the open world map. Instead, DE made it all about farming, mining, and grinding for resources and standing, as well as on the terrible Operator amp mechanics and their associated boss fights (imo). A space combat mode would've been great, had it reinforced Warframe's fast pace by drawing inspiration from something like Battlefront 2's space modes (Pandemic and EA versions) instead of Sea of Thieves. The problem isn't that Warframe tries something new. It's that often, what's new doesn't fit Warframe's gameplay, and when it does, it's based on something other than the core Warframe gameplay experience.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dragmod said:

Diversity in games always comes at the major expense of everything else not seeing any updates. Even one of their other goals of the year, "fixing" melee hasn't even been taken care of, and probably stuck dealing with the current issues for the foreseeable future due to the new stuff being a higher priority.

It's also not as if they really fixed issues people had with Archwing combat either, and instead actually nerfed it a bit. It's pretty normal for people that like Warfame's mission style and combat to seriously detest the current update too. The new missions are incredibly slow feeling when you compare it to the rest of the game, even comparing it to normal Archwing missions.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

My personal desire for the sentient threat that is now known as "the new war" was we take our orbits and invade the sentient system directly. New planets and nodes to explore. That's not Cookie Cutter experiences, it's adding new maps and hopefully new mission types to Warframe while expanding out it's lore. 

with railjack it's just fighting grinner and corpus yet again for mods and resources that are exclusively used within railjack itself with no lore expansion to speak of apart from a very literal finger. 

New War should give us more of that core gameplay. I'm hoping railjack ties it all together. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1