Awazx

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

OK, look, reality check: Addressing people who are not here doesn't become more prominent by putting some words in all caps.  DE isn't here, listening to GD, and this isn't going to change that.  If anything, it makes you more likely to be ignored, simply because the conventional wisdom is that giving someone who's throwing a temper tantrum attention is a terrible idea.  And between the caps and the "I quit", that's exactly how you are coming across.

But, go, uninstall, do something else do a bit, then come back later.  Or don't - no skin off my back, and I'd wager the average Tenno didn't even know you existed before your thread, and will go right back to it when you're gone.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dirtysmile said:

Is making the umbral forma more accessible to players a bad thing? Does this hurt anything other than your inflated ego? This game has been my good friend for many years and will continue to be, despite some annoyances.

honestly, I agree with both of you. I guess you kind of missed what he was saying, he did not hate that Umbra forma was more accessible, he was complaining how easily accessible it is. 

27 minutes ago, Libpea said:

-snip-

While I personally am happy that the umbra forma is accessible myself, being busy with collage, other games, and other hobbies I just do not have the time to do Nightwave without railroading myself towards content I do not want to play at the current moment. 

I was kind of hoping what they did was basically what they did already, but wait for the tau system and instead of just a simple cipher, it would be an orokin cipher where you would have to watch around the map for the pictures like in the sacrifice and put them together to get your umbra forma. Making it so we would have to pay more attention than just bullet jumping.

• Haha 1

My Valkyr need 5 umbra forma, and I've got ~30 other warframes in line behind her waiting for theirs, I'd like them to get them before I die of old age so 1 every 2 months was never an acceptable rate. Rail jack missions are hard enough late game content that it doesn't make the umbra formas feel cheap like if they had put them in the marketplace but makes them accessible to forma junkies like me that need to make all their frames umbra frames.

I play this game for 4 years now. And i don't even care about umbra or umbra forma. 

I just miss the old story telling 

• Applause 4

4 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

I play this game for 4 years now. And i don't even care about umbra or umbra forma. 

I just miss the old story telling 

What old story telling, you mean the trailers that weren't in the game?

Back then people constantly complained that there was no story at all because unless you happened to be online during the event which was usually just a single weekend you missed the whole thing and could never play it or get the rewards. Now we have quests that at least establish a setting even if they do take forever to come out...

Edited by Selpar
Fixed typo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, 844448 said:

So what is REAL content?

Content where Warframes are the core and not some gimmick. New planets, new bosses, new missions, new tile sets and so on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't have a violin small enough for this thread.

I mean of all things to complain about, the ready access of Umbra Forma....really?

Nothing about the gameplay, or the crafting economy or how the Lich system got shoved out and then ditched for Empyrean?

But no. The one thing killing the game is Umbra forma...because...bragging rights for clearing Nightwave was just that important?

I just can't even fathom the amount of egotistical self-importance that would be needed to be THAT invested in something that most people could not care less about.

• Like 3
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 2

I keep seeing posts about Kuva Liches being the worst thing ever tho i see no issue with them.. could someone mind filling me in on what makes them the near most hated thing in game? lol

1 hour ago, Libpea said:

AMMBJlg.jpg

Wait you have to build this Umbra Forma? lol I thought it was a finished forma!? lol Well I guess I need to go do some Kuva missions....

Thanks to me, a few after the first Umbra Forma came out and DE allowed Umbra Forma on Primary and Secondary weapons, I accidentally placed my first on the Prisma Gorgon. It's still on it to day. I don't touch it or use it because I'm hoping one day they will allow to reverse this since I contacted DE support about it right away. A few months later they changed the layout, so no one can ever make my mistake and put Umbra Forma's on Primary and Secondary until possibly one day Umbral mods come out for them.

Edited by kwlingo

2 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Wait you have to build this Umbra Forma? lol I thought it was a finished forma!? lol Well I guess I need to go do some Kuva missions....

I mean, You could just get a rank or two in Nightwave, get some credits then buy more Kuva then you'll ever need for crafting purposes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Demiigod66 said:

I keep seeing posts about Kuva Liches being the worst thing ever tho i see no issue with them.. could someone mind filling me in on what makes them the near most hated thing in game? lol

Varies from person to person.

Some hate the multi-layer RNG of needing to get Requiems, then get the weapon you want, then get a decent stat Roll on it, as well as playing Russian Roulette with the Requiem mods and/or slogging the Murmer grind, and god forbid you are looking for Ephemera.

Others dislike it for narrative reasons, an enemy that never dies despite voice lines saying that they are supposedly dying over and over, when in reality the only one dying is the player, clashes in terms of aesthetics to the point of being obnoxious.

There is also the reason that they are disconnected from everything else in the game, you need to do Lich specific nodes to even gain progress which means that multi-tasking is usually out of the question.

Or it could be somebody like me who just hates that stupid automatic death if you have the wrong requiems because killing a player in a cutscene is a cheap pointless death that has nothing to do with skill or ability of the player, just a roll of the dice with the mods.

There are many different reasons why people don't like it, but this is a general overview of the common complaints.

Huh? Nightwave Umbra was just a matter of being here. I got 2 of them cause I was here for that part of NW and I had the time to do the tasks. None of it was difficult or something to be looked upon as an achievement. I'm glad they're making more of it available. The concept is interesting and I don't see that many Excalibur Umbras out there using it...

Nightwave... or veil mission for Umbra Forma...

hmmm.

30 days? Or one lucky mission?

3 minutes ago, Midas said:

Nightwave... or veil mission for Umbra Forma...

hmmm.

30 days? Or one lucky mission?

That one lucky mission could also take 30 days of running missions.

Which would be basically no difference when you think about it.

• Applause 1

10 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

I mean, You could just get a rank or two in Nightwave, get some credits then buy more Kuva then you'll ever need for crafting purposes.

Not sure why they had to build theirs? I'm on right now to see if I needed to craft mine in foundry and didn't see any in foundry. So I thought maybe I didn't get it, bugged out on me. Then I checked in my Upgrade/Polarization and saw it was already in my inventory. Wonder why some have to craft them?

1 minute ago, kwlingo said:

Not sure why they had to build theirs? I'm on right now to see if I needed to craft mine in foundry and didn't see any in foundry. So I thought maybe I didn't get it, bugged out on me. Then I checked in my Upgrade/Polarization and saw it was already in my inventory. Wonder why some have to craft them?

Who knows? Most people seem to have to craft theirs. Maybe a complete Umbral Forma is a rare drop?

On 2019-12-15 at 4:43 AM, Krankbert said:

Oh, I'm sorry, did you intend to talk only about a small number of specific people when you made sweeping generalizations about "people" in general?

And of course I just didn't understand your post just like people who didn't like Empyrean just didn't understand it.

Sweeping generalizations about "people" in general? Gotcha.

One more time. If people chose not to read the details of the update or didn't play the update yet, then you are "the people" who shouldn't have an experience based opinion. 

The fact that you managed to apply a sweeping generalization to targeted groups of people (the people who chose not to...) is baffling. But, continue.

Lastly, did you understand Empyrean but didn't like it? Great, you didn't like it and you are not included. Now, were there posters who did not understand what Empyrean was but automatically expressed their dislike and feedback? Yes, and that's not ok to do. 

1 hour ago, dirtysmile said:

Is making the umbral forma more accessible to players a bad thing? Does this hurt anything other than your inflated ego? This game has been my good friend for many years and will continue to be, despite some annoyances.

Yes because we now at the point again where we nothing that feels like a reward because everyone has it. When everyone has it it just feels cheap and loses its reward factor. It's not even better for the game because umbral forma was something where you really had to think on what frame you put it on. Now? It's not a reward for doing tasks over 2 months. It's a price that you get maybe from farming missions over and over again. It's not a reward anymore.

Ephemera are bad designed in terms of how you get them but they feel like a reward when you finally have them (exclude the Lich ones). I still don't have ephemera what can be found in Arbitration and so on. I have a lot of "common" or "cheap" ones with events but nothing that is worthy a reward.

That's the thing. When everyone can get it it loses its value. And this continues...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Who knows? Most people seem to have to craft theirs. Maybe a complete Umbral Forma is a rare drop?

lol Well I guess DE wanted to be nice to me. lol Thanks DE

5 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

You get a complete one from nightwave, BP from RJ veil missions, if you are lucky enough, from what I gather.

53 minutes ago, Selpar said:

My Valkyr need 5 umbra forma, and I've got ~30 other warframes in line behind her waiting for theirs, I'd like them to get them before I die of old age so 1 every 2 months was never an acceptable rate. Rail jack missions are hard enough late game content that it doesn't make the umbra formas feel cheap like if they had put them in the marketplace but makes them accessible to forma junkies like me that need to make all their frames umbra frames.

And this is how Umbral forma lost its "special" factor. To have a frame with Umbral forma is something cool and it feels like a reward. With the current change it loses its value. "Excapeble rate"... it's a reward and not a stupid arcane! It was...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1