Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

5 hours ago, Selpar said:

Except by your standard because my Warframe has an exalted weapon I don't get to feel rewarded for getting my Umbral forma even after 10 months of grinding, because I need to get at least 5 Umbral forma for a single Warframe, at the rate DE was releasing Umbral forma I'd maybe get to finish one Warframe per year in a game with over 40 Warframes not counting primes that usually has 3-4 new Warframes per year.

That is clearly not an acceptable rate, and it doesn't make the Umbral formas special it makes them a thorn in my side, I am grateful DE finally got around to putting them somewhere so I can go out and actually earn the Umbral variant frames I've been working on since Nightwave dropped in February.

Umbral frames where also special because you had to mod them completely and restrict you in other ways to fit all 3 umbrals mods in it. It was great because it did make Exal Umbral stand out from other Frames. Then with Nightwave they added Umbral forma. It was a chance to make one frame that was not able to fit all U mods without crippling itself to use them to. That was a good thing. Now we reached the point where U mods are just like normal mods that have kind of a set bonus even though U forma is a rare drop it's not limited anymore and loses its value in that sense because it is just like the other forms we have now.

I don't even try to explain to some of the people that just said "you just want to feel special" what I mean. Just a hint: when you found a legendary armor that looks cool in a other game people are like "wow that's cool. He got it from xyz". If everyone just can get it by simply running ez missions it loses its value.

Its hard to explain to people that don't care if everyone runs around with the same things what that kind of a feeling that is. I really like exclusive items. I really do. Even when I don't get them. It just is a feeling. Sorry when I can't explain it very well. 😞

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

I don't even try to explain to some of the people that just said "you just want to feel special" what I mean. Just a hint: when you found a legendary armor that looks cool in a other game people are like "wow that's cool. He got it from xyz". If everyone just can get it by simply running ez missions it loses its value.

Its hard to explain to people that don't care if everyone runs around with the same things what that kind of a feeling that is. I really like exclusive items. I really do. Even when I don't get them. It just is a feeling. Sorry when I can't explain it very well. 😞

And then a new expansion comes to that game, with new content, that renders the previous "that's cool" old, and people move on to the new "that's cool" stuff. That's a game not being stagnant and adding a new carrot for people to chase.

vor einer Stunde schrieb VA4L:

I'm happy to see some positivity here. It's like people don't understand that this new ship we were given and these few missions we have now exist for the sake of us upgrading our ship until it's time for it to be taking us to actual missions, related to the "core experience". It must be tough to be DE with such negativity in the forums. The bugs are one thing, which I also don't like, but people failing to understand where this game is heading and posting their disappointment in the forum for all people to see is a bad look for the game.

I would suggest they should roll out their whole plan for the future right now. Make a spontaneous Dev Stream which they acknowledge the problem the players have. 3rd Orb Mother, Future of Fortuna/PoE, Liches, Melee 3.0, a lot of QoL issues, bugs, Nerfs to certain fun things etc. Postpone all other content to get the systems work with each other, fixing the problems. Would also solve the issue with critics about lack of transparency, ignoring feedback they are facing right now.

They should answer what does they want Warframe to be in the (near?) future as well? Will it be a cheap (read it like less systems and possibilities within the game) copy of Space Sims like SC, NMS, Elite and others or like the evolved Warframe in the past with fast paced core gameplay and mowing & powercreeping down hordes of enemies? Do they want it to be still a Loot Shooter? If so why do we have RNG Stats but the Loot doesn’t drop so often that the addictive’s have an incentive to play besides collect it all for MR and then left the gamemode behind?

Does they know themselves what they want? And if so are they capable of providing the necessary systems besides stale mission types which we know already to death from the normal tilesets?

The only thing we know is Steve has a vision how he is going to see Warframe or he wanted Warframe to be.

They should at least consider that the past growth of the game was more or less solo players (who joined after Raids, my guess without knowing the numbers of course). Wouldn’t wonder about if those are pissed about the direction the game is heading to Vision they discussed 6 or was it 7 years? ago. The definitely need to provide more information and advertise their vision even more now. They shouldn’t be so wrong-headed to tell us: Yeah wait before you see Part 3 of it (hell we all know that DE is abandon gamemodes really quick). I wished the would be more offensive more transparent about it.

And yes, DE have to provide answers really quick for those questions. If not my personal guess it will be even worse in the future with the game and community (this all is my personal opinion).

vor einer Stunde schrieb VA4L:

It must be tough to be DE with such negativity in the forums. The bugs are one thing, which I also don't like, but people failing to understand where this game is heading and posting their disappointment in the forum for all people to see is a bad look for the game.

Sorry to say this. Their own fault. If they want to get more and new players attached to the game with those pr stunts like the game awards announcement, hyped Tennocon presentations and so on they have to deal with it if those who doesn’t know how DE is working e.g. [DE]layed, bugged and unfinished release-memes etc. are complaining. They wanted the out of a niche players. They now have issued with them about the patch and update policy. I mean we have now Dogfights in Space and doesn’t even have a 3D Map?

Edited by ValinorAtani

44 minutes ago, xBloodySin said:

adding a new carrot for people to chase

But that should be the intention. That's the reason why a lot of people play games. To get new shiny cool stuff.

It doesn't matter if the cool stuff is old or not. It's still cool. You get what I mean? Like I said. I really like exclusive items even when I don't have them. It gives players a goal to get them before something new comes.

That's also btw what WF lacks for a long time now: meaningfull rewards.

Just now, DerGreif2 said:

But that should be the intention. That's the reason why a lot of people play games. To get new shiny cool stuff.

It doesn't matter if the cool stuff is old or not. It's still cool. You get what I mean? Like I said. I really like exclusive items even when I don't have them. It gives players a goal to get them before something new comes.

That's also btw what WF lacks for a long time now: meaningfull rewards.

And now people have a reason to play and farm Veil Proxima, to get new shiny cool stuff that was extremely restricted before.

And no, old "cool stuff" is replaced by new "cool stuff." One is a relic, one is novelty. People have a reason to play for novelties, not to see some people brag about how they have something others can't anymore.

It's only game. Why you have to be mad?

I dont really care about umbra formas since i got only 3 of them right now and i cant put it in smth cuz i am not sure will there be new umbra mods or no, and with the new drop system is is kinda better because i can try to farm them and maybe start spending it. Why your are upset with it is kinda strange. If you enjoyed farming weekly some reputation it is okay but a lot of ppl here did not enjoy it, so changes were made and now try to live with them.

And about ephemeras we got so many ones for free already so dtart whining about them not being exclusive is kinda stupid too. No offends but really.

There are maybe some other problems in game wich are more crucial than some white forma and low quality glowing around you or your footsteps.

As for me 20 hours of farming zetki bulkheads are kinda fun 

10 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Yes because we now at the point again where we nothing that feels like a reward because everyone has it. When everyone has it it just feels cheap and loses its reward factor. It's not even better for the game because umbral forma was something where you really had to think on what frame you put it on. Now? It's not a reward for doing tasks over 2 months. It's a price that you get maybe from farming missions over and over again. It's not a reward anymore.

Ephemera are bad designed in terms of how you get them but they feel like a reward when you finally have them (exclude the Lich ones). I still don't have ephemera what can be found in Arbitration and so on. I have a lot of "common" or "cheap" ones with events but nothing that is worthy a reward.

That's the thing. When everyone can get it it loses its value. And this continues...

Hmm. Is this the wrong time to bring up that the drop chance of condition overload may have been raised? I got two in one day once. 

Why even use umbra forma, it's just another crutch to make the game easier. People crying about getting something that is challenging and then wanting to throw umbra forma to make their character even more powerful so they can blow through content even quicker. And then cry for more challenging content? We can be our own worse enemy sometimes. 

11 hours ago, Libpea said:

And now, the umbral forma has become the next in line to be ruined. It was a good thing when it came out, an exclusive reward of nightwave and it was precious because players had to do multitude of tasks in over 2 months to get 1 of it.

I thought that Umbral polarity would be exclusive to Excalibur Umbra... Because its an UMBRAL WARFRAME...

... But the devs decided to make an Umbral Forma to keep up with the "Meta of Choices" and put it available through Nightwave, which forced the lazy f***s out of the closet and complain about it while stating their refusal to do a single task because they had the alerts system so worked out for them that running both daily and weekly tasks was a "chore" which, honestly, didn't take any longer than any other alert mission prior to their removal...

... And now, with the Railjack content, DE decided to make it available to be manufactured. The way I see it, basically, is that its supposed to complement Nightwave as a secondary source of Umbral Forma... But we all know that all those lazy f***s I previously mentioned are simply NOT going to do Nightwave because its a "chore", and they are NOT going to run Railjack because they don't want to risk getting ruined by the very Matchmaking they advocate as "necessary" for the game.

... No, they will simply complain... again... like they did with Nightwave before, just only about Railjack because those Umbral Forma blueprints shouldn't "allegedly" be in Railjack content...

We all know that every Warframe, now, is going to have 3 Umbral Polarities at most, and that each Melee weapon is going to have 2 Umbral Polarities at most.

Its DE's decision, and like I said on a different topic, to a different player that decided to be a smartass about the subject related to that topic, which is unrelated to this one... You may complain, you may squirm, you may squeal as hard as you can, but you will accept it. It may not happen now or in the near future, but you will accept it.

3 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

Umbral frames where also special because you had to mod them completely and restrict you in other ways to fit all 3 umbrals mods in it. It was great because it did make Exal Umbral stand out from other Frames. Then with Nightwave they added Umbral forma. It was a chance to make one frame that was not able to fit all U mods without crippling itself to use them to. That was a good thing. Now we reached the point where U mods are just like normal mods that have kind of a set bonus even though U forma is a rare drop it's not limited anymore and loses its value in that sense because it is just like the other forms we have now.

I think you should find a balance between a thing being rare and people fearing using it on the wrong frame because there are so few of them around. 

There are ton of frame and weapon around, and the game is made to rotate them depend on the content you do and the style you prefer. 

The only reason I see for people to like unique item like umbra forma to stay super rare is because they are some sort of OTP and don't care about changing their frame too much. 

Ephemera's are a cosmetic RNG item, take smoking body ephemera from stalker for example we ran 1 beacon for it.  We got it.  Highlights experience?  Not remotely, someone with 200 hours can have smoking body ephemera or someone with 5K hours can have it.  It means nothing.  I'm sure some people got blazing step ephemera first try in ESO, while some had to run ESO 200 times to get the damn thing/they never want to touch ESO again.  

Umbra forma was something that people asked for a farm spot since it came out.  The idea of 4 umbra forma per year with this many unique warframes just doesn't work full stop.  Another problem was it was so rare and artificially scarce that nobody wants to put it on non prime frames, thus making us wait for actual years before putting it on wisp for example who won't have a prime until 2024 or so.  Nidus is another one, people want umbra forma on nidus but his prime isn't until later next year, over a year since they introduced umbral forma.  Sucks to wait that long.  

• Like 1

Before eidolons you could only earn arcane energize once or twice a day. Now that they can be attemped about two dozen times per day, they still haven't ruined the game. No pubs I run asides one on Io have ever said "why did I just get max energy?" while I ran dual full ranks. 

Umbra forma isn't going to ruin the game. The mod's might but even that's a stretch Sac Steel got a ridiculously buff though IMHO. 

It has been that way in every update, DE releases an exclusive content, then later gradually unexclusive it in the future updates. 

Any of you remember how revives exclusively cost plat back then? How about now? 

Remember how Slash mod set, Puncture mod set, Impact mod set, all those dual stats mod sets were all exclusively tied to certain events? How about now? 

Its all exclusive only for a limited time, if you have played this game for long, you should've already know it by now.

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

I don't understand?  Why is there all of this hostility towards Umbral Forma being a reward?  

This is a PVE game right?  So if you are a player and you join a squad, wouldn't you want your squad mates to have a similar power level to work with you. 

So you have an Umbral Forma which was rare at the time.  Now others get one and become on par with you?  That sounds as though you don't have to carry anyone and everyone can have a better shot of making a mission successful.

Am I wrong?