Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

2 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

I believe that the epic space battle concept was part of DE Steve's original dream with Warframe when it launched.

This sounds like his vision come to life after many years of work and it looks like the entire team at DE went along with this even though it sounds like a majority of the player base prefer the traditional ground combat shooter mechanic.

The hint that this is not as popular should have come from Archwing. While still alive and works, is never a preferred game mode amongst players.  Why DE decided to still push Empyrean through remains a mystery to me.  My guess is they committed to this at TennoCon 2017/2018 and to backtrack would admit a mistake and wasted investment in dev effort.

I dunno.  Whether they have gone too far with this remains to be seen.

Well Empyrean ain't an epic space battle, chief. If it was more arcadey, with the Railjack designed to take on multiple Galleons, and we could fight in huge space battles alongside Syndicate ships, then it'd be an epic space battle. Steve described Empyrean and Squad Link as "M***** F****** Battle of Endor." Empyrean isn't that. It should be, but it isn't.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

New War should give us more of that core gameplay. I'm hoping railjack ties it all together. 

I for one am glad that DE doesn't just kb6 wefeed us new tilesets and enemies. 

De already said on at least the last dev stream if not more that Railjack is the key component of New War. Which I'll give credit makes sense lore wise at least given how big Hunhow is. But somehow I doubt we are gonna fight full on Sentient's as they showed yet another space gallon but ya know, sentient themed. 

Edited by Fire2box

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

On one hand, I do think I would've liked umpteen different new tilesets and new mission types based closely on core gameplay, but I appreciate DE giving us something new. I'm glad this game isn't designed by committee. If it was, we'd practically have the same thing just reskinned over and over. 

I would rather have one good thing repeated several times, than a dozen different things that all fail to satisfy me. I would not mind DE's ambition running wild if they saved it for after they did their best to make the base gameplay, the gameplay that attracts me and thousands of others to play Warframe at all, as good as it could be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ty91 said:

primes, vandal, wraith, prisma?

If DE listened to the forums we'd have twice as many of those variants in the game. Baro would be bringing one every week. Not saying I wouldn't like it, but I also appreciate DEs approach of not just feeding our addiction with variants

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

I would rather have one good thing repeated several times, than a dozen different things that all fail to satisfy me. I would not mind DE's ambition running wild if they saved it for after they did their best to make the base gameplay, the gameplay that attracts me and thousands of others to play Warframe at all, as good as it could be.

At this point, it's not a Warframe problem, it's a you problem if you've been unsatisfied a dozen times. 

Devs aren't machines. Maybe they just aren't interested in repeating the same thing over and over. Maybe this is how they keep their juices flowing. 

Base game is FINE. if not, then why are you even here? Base game was fine years ago, that's why I'm still playing. I've played games that needed the base game improved. I didn't put in 1000+hrs on something that wasn't wholly satisfying.  If you did, that's a personal issue. 

• Like 4

il y a 1 minute, Hypernaut1 a dit :

Maybe they just aren't interested in repeating the same thing over and over.

And the solution they have found is to make us fish, mine or fly in a space simulator in a third-person shooter.

you-got-a-problem-38-gota-solution-imgfi

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

so you must of disliked Jupiter rework/disruption update this year I suppose? 

Key word "JUST". 

I played the tileset and enjoyed it, but no, I'm glad it hasn't been 4 years of new tilesets. It really didn't feel all that different to me. 

I don't get what point youre trying to make.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Devs aren't machines. Maybe they just aren't interested in repeating the same thing over and over. Maybe this is how they keep their juices flowing. 

Maybe they should make a different game and let Warframe be Warframe.

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Base game is FINE. if not, then why are you even here? Base game was fine years ago, that's why I'm still playing. I've played games that needed the base game improved. I didn't put in 1000+hrs on something that wasn't wholly satisfying.  If you did, that's a personal issue. 

It is fine. But it could be better. So why shouldn't it?

3 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Key word "JUST". 

I played the tileset and enjoyed it, but no, I'm glad it hasn't been 4 years of new tilesets. It really didn't feel all that different to me. 

I don't get what point youre trying to make.

Just asking a question is all. Apprently you dislike Warframe's core gameplay experience of ground combat. Why not go play Ace Combat 7 or any SHMUP game. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

And the solution they have found is to make us fish, mine or fly in a space simulator in a third-person shooter.

you-got-a-problem-38-gota-solution-imgfi

I don't mind any of those things. Heck, I still do scans for Simaris. I'm more upset they still giving us snippets of lore. 

I personally think they dropped the ball with AW by not continuing to expand it and making it Warframe in space. But clearly they had other plans. 

I'm hoping they make railjack feel deep enough that railjack progression feels worthwhile. AW is so little that rewards related to only AW don't feel meaningful enough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Just asking a question is all. Apprently you dislike Warframe's core gameplay experience of ground combat. Why not go play Ace Combat 7 or any SHMUP game. 

I don't know how you got to that conclusion. I'm saying I'm glad they aren't just repeating the same thing over and over. I love the core gameplay, but I like the variation they give us. I still enjoy all of the tilesets years later. Core game is solid in my opinion. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

that's literally railjack. 

What I meant was I first thought AW would've been pretty much progressing at the same pace as the core game. Like with new AWs, missions, bosses, tilesets, weapons, mods, etc. 

Railjack uses AW, but not really an expansion of it. It's an entirely new progression system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What I meant was I first thought AW would've been pretty much progressing at the same pace as the core game. Like with new AWs, missions, bosses, tilesets, weapons, mods, etc. 

Railjack uses AW, but not really an expansion of it. It's an entirely new progression system. 

railjack is merely a extension of archwing. Rather then going around with what amounts to jetpack on our back now we have a space ship to protect or instant wipe. 

at least you get part of what you want, meanwhile I and other's who want lore content are getting zero of it. 

Edited by Fire2box

Just now, ty91 said:

I'm pretty sure what most people mean is the railjack is the new "archwing", as in it wont tie in to any of the core game, so you're just grinding a new archwing for mods and stuff

I'm hoping it won't be. They claim that this will tie into upcoming content. I hope they are able to make good on that promise. 

It reminds me of the ship from Kingdom Hearts 1. It wasn't the core gameplay, but I enjoyed using it to transition between worlds and the progression was just deep enough to keep me interested. If the ship was just there as a mini game i3nto itself, I wouldn't have bothered at all, but they tied it into main game to give it context. 

• Like 2

I certainly don't like how DE keeps adding mini-games to the core game and usually abandons them (unless they are dead on arrival like Lunaro), something I am noticing is how Railjack would work better with more than 4 player squads, something that I find kind of cheap is having to waste resources (the same you are out to collect) for the real time repairs, the interior design of the railjack is sometimes hard to navigate back and forth when you need to clear hostiles and repair stuff, it would be interesting if certain frames had the ability to repair using their abilities as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Like frost freezing/icing over the ruptures, or gara filling them with glass? Sure, I can see that...

It would be nice, but ideally you don't want to force people to use specific frames. 

Railjack would've been nice if it could hold 8 players