Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

7 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

force people to use specific frames. 

I'd expect the omni tool still to be there too, and for certain things each WF would still need it. But where possible, one less reason to constantly switch between omni tool equipped and unequipped...

Also, whats up with the rupture and fire locators only showing up with the omni tool in hand? uggh...

Edited by Megalomaniakaal
typos

5 hours ago, KendoTsukikage said:

finally stayed cool and beat the first mission, then it said something like you can run and avoid the op dudes that came as backup....no green WP, so i stayed and killed the new guys, took forever but i managed with 1 revive left.  then still no way to exit other than abort mission!!!

This is by far the worst new content added to a game, tested by devs with GOD MODE!! Wait??@!@#! They don't just use GOD MODE, they have bugframefree MODE, no bugs, no chat issues, no this tenno you are talking with atm is offline stuff....

Planes was a terrible launch, but this Empooryousomemore update tops anything I've experienced in any game ever....

don't forget the cost, 6 mil, 36 hours of built time, not actual time, and grind for drops + mission times, the lich grind is nothing to this lolol

Behind the pilot position there is a "navigation console" .... open it up and go back to the hanger from there....

People should really look around. First thing I did was check out ship areas and potential console names so i dont miss anything... even then its active...right there...behind you.... good lord.

Edited by Zakual

Il y a 2 heures, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter a dit :

Why are people always so cynical and negative around here?

Because they love the core gameplay of Warframe, love it enough to sometime spend too much money and time in it so seeing the current state of the game disappoint them ?

In 2019 Jupiter's rework and Disruption were good but the rest ? Clunky gameplay and bad good ideas. 

I don't think it's a player's burnout problem but a DE burnout one. They need to cool their heads and start to rethink the way they are building Warframe.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Awazx said:

What is Empyrean? It is Archwing 2.0. Nothing else.

This is nothing but a buzzword disguised as criticism. What is "Archwing 2.0"? Define it in detail. Explain your critique. What you've just said is essentially meaningless. You want to know what I think? You're bitter and don't want to enjoy this game anymore, no matter what DE does. You're not willing to learn a new way to play.

9 hours ago, Awazx said:

For my part, I am not going to play Empyrean and I am not going to build my Railjack.

So you haven't played it and aren't going to play it? Wow. The value of your opinion is pretty much zero.

• Like 1

il y a 33 minutes, Mints a dit :

This is nothing but a buzzword disguised as criticism. What is "Archwing 2.0"? Define it in detail. Explain your critique. You want to know what I think? You're bitter...

Respectfully, I do not agree.

il y a 33 minutes, Mints a dit :

So you haven't played it and aren't going to play it? Wow. The value of your opinion is pretty much zero.

In another message, from another forista who asks me the same thing, I reply that I have thoroughly tested Railjack using the ships of my clan companions. I don't need my own ship to do an analysis.

Edited by Awazx

5 hours ago, CoreWolf said:

Empyrean has some issues, and for sure will not appeal to everyone. But personally I'm loving it so far.

Two sides to every coin, etc

Definitely agree they could do better at tying systems together though, they've always struggled with that.

I'm with you. I expected Warframe gameplay merged with space combat and that's exactly what I got. It's insanely buggy to be sure, and I feel like the railjack's hull is A LITTLE too much on the paper-thin side, but I feel like with more work they'll get it. I know I'll be playing with my ship for quite a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Awazx said:

s-aZ7WLibLA9uYKRf6FOpq0w7Hy3S.jpg

In another message, from another forista who asks me the same thing, I reply that I have thoroughly tested Railjack using the ships of my clan companions. I don't need my own ship to do an analysis.

Yes please respond to my request for elaboration with a condescending twitter reaction image. That's the rational thing to do. Everyone should be able to generate a complex set of premises and rational arguments for you based on your reference to something else entirely. This is all valuable feedback for DE and all of us. Make sure not to actually reference specific details or address specific problems. That makes what you post even more convincing!

il y a 24 minutes, Mints a dit :

You're not willing to learn a new way to play.

il y a 15 minutes, Mints a dit :

This is all valuable feedback for DE and all of us. 

I will answer you very briefly: I do not want to learn to play a different game. I want to keep playing Warframe. Railjack is NOT Warframe.

I do not want to learn to play a different game. I want to keep playing Warframe. Railjack is NOT Warframe.

So then go back to doing the same thing over and over again. You clearly don't want anything new so nothing they could add will ever be good enough. Yet, when I correctly identified this earlier, you gave me the image of the incredulous child.

il y a 1 minute, Mints a dit :

So then go back to doing the same thing over and over again. You clearly don't want anything new

Of course, I want new things. Things that fix, improve and expand the core of Warframe.

I don't want microgames or "in-game games" that have nothing to do with Warframe.

• Like 6

I don't want microgames or "in-game games" that have nothing to do with Warframe.

See I don't get this logic. The entire structure of Empyrean is basically just a normal Warframe mission but with vehicles attached. It's entirely fair to call it a new game mode, in the same way that Sabotage and Spy are different game modes, but to say it's a minigame is nonsense. It's like saying the missions in Halo heavily centered around vehicles are minigames. You're still doing all the same stuff. You're still blowing up enemies, activating consoles, destroying objectives, and looting materials. If anything they stick too closely to the normal mission structure. I much prefer going around exploring and collecting resources compared to the initial Fighter/Crew extermination phase.

• Like 1

Railjack was announced with the key word "connection", if you remember Steve said that in the past tennocon this gamemode Will connect the core of Warframe with the new and old content, but we  can't say that railjack Is a S#&$ because railjack, is in the scond phase of this ,if you excuse Is "I'm a alone player" the only  option to enjoy railjack in this moment Is wait the third phase and play with the I.A, if you analyze the game is 90% tileset a the other 10% is railjack open world etc, guys really you like the repetitive stuff and the same tileset that we were seen for 6 years? A little of diversity is good I like it railjack and I will waiting the third phase.

Guys if you like you can give railjack a little chance is very fun with friends but if you don't have friends who play, you can play in public and meet with other players, you will enjoy. 

Pd: sorry for my bad English

Pd: don't be negative enjoy! The game is free 😄 ❤️

Edited by Federix687
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Awazx said:

Of course, I want new things. Things that fix, improve and expand the core of Warframe.

And there we get the truth, at last.  You don't want NEW things you want old things done up.  Same old blasted story with games.  "They did something new now I hate it."  I respect your opinion but I frankly think its completely childish and grossly ignorant.

• Like 2

il y a 5 minutes, Urulai a dit :

And there we get the truth, at last.  You don't want NEW things you want old things done up. 

They were also "new" things at the time Lunaro, PoE, Fortuna, Archwing ... and died in oblivion. Empyrean will end up like Lunaro.

• Like 2

il y a 17 minutes, Mints a dit :

It's like saying the missions in Halo heavily centered around vehicles are minigames. .

It's not minigame but clearly recreational for some minutes between longer sessions of core gameplay. It's not the main feature of halo and can be cut without hurting it. It's not what takes 2 years of development for the team.

It can be good to have those kind of sides features (and Warframe is already full of those, all dead) but only as a cherry on top of the cake not as your main objective.

Edited by (PS4)Herrwann69

7 minutes ago, Awazx said:

They were also "new" things at the time Lunaro, PoE, Fortuna, Archwing ... and died in oblivion. Empyrean will end up like Lunaro.

Uh huh, so they ain't allowed to experiment and try out new things?  Yeah we'll see who's right in time kiddo.

• Like 1

à l’instant, Urulai a dit :

Uh huh, so they ain't allowed to experiment and try out new things?  Yeah we'll see who's right in time kiddo.

As far as I'm concerned, they can experience everything they want. It is your business, it is your money and it is your game.

They only give me this forum to express my opinion.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Awazx said:

As far as I'm concerned, they can experience everything they want. It is your business, it is your money and it is your game.

They only give me this forum to express my opinion.

Yeah this thread of yours speaks for itself, so I'll let folks be the judge of your true "opinion."

new system is pointless, not even provides a good grind.    the "classes" skills suck tushy at best because they are poorly designed 'due to time constraints'  i am sure and not because DE not give a damn.

Edited by Kyronz

1 hour ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

I don't think it's a player's burnout problem but a DE burnout one. They need to cool their heads and start to rethink the way they are building Warframe.

Or maybe they could start building content for the players playing the game again rather than adding their 'personal wish list' of games (modes) they'd like to create.   

Not sure about others but I came to this game to play the core game of using warframes with their abilities and weapons to essentially mass slaughter enemies, I didn't come here to put out fires in a slow moving ship while the enemy was basically using it as target practice.... now don't get me wrong, DE shouldn't stop adding stuff to warframe, they just need to be more aware of what their actual game is and focus more on that than adding in 'shiny stuff' that will likely get abandoned or left in it's current poorly  implemented state for too long.

edit: The thing is if DE took out the 'forced' use of railjack (you can't just leave it and use archwings) part of the mission, did a little bit of rescaling and adjusting on the enemy front it wouldn't actually be a bad game mode for archwings.  The issue for me is primarily around the railjack and essentially the mechanics/grind that is going into it.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1