Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

16 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

😞

I still haven't even tried Old Blood from the sheer amount of RNG I hear is involved.

Well Liches in general are not worth your time, there's like 5 different weapons in total, & converted Liches are worthless

31 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

😞

I still haven't even tried Old Blood from the sheer amount of RNG I hear is involved.

I don't even know how to spawn a lich or however that system works. I don't care about RNG weapons. I don't care about RNG space ships. These past two content patches were a bust.

5 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Sorry, not for me XD

But DE testing Railjack with godmode is the worst I've seen so far tho

Eh that's just for demonstration purposes when Rebecca does that. There are issues with Railunaro but that's not one of them.

My only real problem with Railjack is, why should I play it?

What's the point of it?

It's in no way connected to other parts of the game and nothing needs it. It's exactly the thing that DE called the open areas once. A completely separated island.

Maybe part 3 will try to connect it to the core game but currently you can just completely ignore it.

Edited by JackHargreav

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

My only real problem with Railjack is, why should I play it?

What's the point of it?

It's in no way connected to other parts of the game and nothing needs it. It's exactly the thing that DE called it once. A completely separated island.

Maybe part 3 will try to connect it to the core game but currently you can just completely ignore it.

That's a bit of a double-edged sword. It's nice to be able to avoid game modes like Railjack and Lunaro when they're bad, but there's also no motivation to even try them. People get mad enough about having to do archwing missions just to clear out the system map.

3 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Seems like 99% of the doomsayer posts are from people who don't even have an archwing leveled, never mind properly built. 

Most posts talk about the Railjack being weak af compared to our Archwing, not Archwings being weak, even if a few shots can bring from 100 to 0 without warning, which is why Amesha is probably the only good option

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

10 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Seems like 99% of the doomsayer posts are from people who don't even have an archwing leveled, never mind properly built. 

Ah yes, that game mode that everyone raves about. I don't think my archwing even has its mod slots full.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

You mean the one whose permanent invincibility and infinite energy remove all archwing gameplay mechanics other than the DPS of your gun? What a great endorsement of the archwing system!

Mate, this is the entire Warframe game right now - everyone is invincible and the only thing that matters is DPS. This is why people complain every time some rebalancing happens - DPS goes down, and there is literally nothing else that matters. Remember the damage rework that didn't happen? Yeah... nothing outside of DPS matters. 

30 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Most posts talk about the Railjack being weak af compared to our Archwing, not Archwings being weak, even if a few shots can bring from 100 to 0 without warning, which is why Amesha is probably the only good option

I was referring the OPs, not the discussions that happen after. There's plenty of that to be had with the whole thing, but it's a shame to see people  who clearly have no investment in the mode or the related bits try and diminish it and not be constructive at all.

Edited by TheGuyver

17 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

Remember the damage rework that didn't happen?

it was because slash was going to be nerfed and impact and/or puncture was going to yet stuff across the map at light speed thus forcing you to run over there to try and kill it. Only to yeet it out again. 

if anyone doesn't know what this is about... 

Edited by Fire2box

41 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Given my fully modded Amesha still gets mostly one shot by the Crew Ships, and its bubble doesnt effect their missles while a good choice, the Amesha along with Archguns fall off pretty quickly after Earth. the Ameshas only good point is the AoE slow, which really helps your gunners, and its dmg shield lets you blink to the nearest Crew Ship without being downed instantly on the way (granted the Railjack Slingshot is the best way to get into a Crew Ship safely, and the best way to get out is with the Tactical teleport so the exploding crew ship doesnt take you out from behind as you leave it). that being said the Amesha is the best choice of archwing in railjake, they seriously need to drop energy orbs from the enemy ships since there is no way to get energy as an archwing meaning you cant use your abilities, which again is why the Amesha is best with its 4... heck put energy orb drops into railjake and id happily bring my (forgot its name) the Missile Archwing along.

The people who say its just Archwings 2.0 havent gotten to Saturn yet or probably past the first 5 earth nodes, My forma'd Vandal Imperator takes almost a full clip just to take down a regular fighter on the first node of Saturn. You seriously need the house mk1 or mk2 guns to make a decent impact in a fight latter on... also for people complaining about it not being Warframe, I think 70% of my time in Railjack is me inside a base or Crew Ship killing things like regular Warframe, but thats me i like playing the support Archwing and away crew role.

Im enjoying it (although before i knew about Refining i was not), its a nice challenge and my Railjack is getting pretty nicely pimped out on Avionics (love me the Zekti Bullwark mod 5k+ hull for the win!). the onyl thing they REALLY hav to change is there should be an auto Refine if you return to the Dojo, or at least a pop up saying hey do you want to Refine before we go to the next mission, along with a look at what your Omni fuel and the like is like.

Edited by ColPresumptuous
  • Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, 0_The_F00l a dit :

It is indeed very very different from the core gameplay,

I have played and unlocked till saturn, and I really didn't play it like warframe, I played it like a space combat game. I almost forgot I was playing warframe a few times when I was on a turret. 

This is the problem, well summarized in 2 lines.

Even if Railjack was excellent, it is "a game within another game." It could be an excellent space simulator, it could be wonderful to kill enemies using the ship's turrets, but it would be playing another game.

• Like 2

I take back everything I said: I just lost 70 minutes of Arbitration loot. This game is garbage.

A vet tried to warn me that "I'd see warframe for what it was" after I've played for awhile. 

My white knight mask is slowly peeling away.

A woman I love better not be blown up next to a barrel or I'm really gonna flip.

I opened a support ticket and I better get what I worked for!

If you're some weak high MR person that dies in an arbitration: Don't leave. Just go afk instead of screwing up everyone's loot. Try not dying next time you friggin waste of space!

After reading a few posts about Empyrean and the Old Blood, I can't help but to question if many players simply just don't understand how warframe and its updates work. 

Warframe is a PROGRESSIVE story that is building over a long period of time. Every update is a preset for the picture and is not a simple pointless add. Empyrean will have its role as time progress. It is not a one dimensional game nor simply a "hack n slash" but, instead, a living and developing novel. From my guess, I'd say that we're near the middle of this book as our tenno are still young and only recently back in action again and growing. 

That said, why people don't listen or read what the devs tell us is baffling. If you're just simply looking for a type of play in this game, then play it. If you're burnt out, then chill on playing it. Empyrean is not to your liking? Don't play it. Lunaro is fun as hell and conclave has its devoted fans but, if survival is your thing, then go for it. Warframe is big and diverse enough to pick something and enjoy. The devs intentionally built it that way and WILL NOT STOP having a good time expressing their creative vision. Enjoy the universe.

• Like 6

Ive been a very long time player of warframe. Ive been here since Chromas debue (different account) while i took a year long break, ive been very consistent. 

I agree, warframe is changing, but I like most of the changes. Warframe has always been this mess of experimental changes, some horrible some wonderful, but its always changing. What i like about warframe is that theres multiple ways to reach the same outcome. Want to farm for something? Its free and has a grind that just teaters on annoying, but still something pheazable. Want to just buy it? Thats a thing too. Want to trade and get plat and buy that way? Hey, that works too. I like that. I dont think DE is on steady ground, but now that they got all their major projects almost done, theyll start focusing on little things again. 

Most game forums are filled with people just being negative because they think they know better than the people who have been working full time on this game for years. 

Also some people are very passionate about the game. And they may forget that there are really talented people behind this game. To me, it’s not my creation, it’s DE’s creation. I can suggest what I think would make it better and if it works with their creative vision, maybe it will be considered. If not, no sweat off my back as I appreciate and respect the developers and their vision for the game. 

To each their own in the realm of public opinion.

• Like 4