Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean and the decline of Warframe

Awazx

I dunno.

It's pretty difficult to have any kind of coherent vision when each update is so wildly different and then hope to maintain it amongst millions over 6+ years on 4-6 platforms. 

I think it's pretty fair that they've created a game that means entirely and sometimes wildly different things to different groups of people.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cephalon_Baphoma said:

Ive been a very long time player of warframe. Ive been here since Chromas debue (different account) while i took a year long break, ive been very consistent. 

I agree, warframe is changing, but I like most of the changes. Warframe has always been this mess of experimental changes, some horrible some wonderful, but its always changing. What i like about warframe is that theres multiple ways to reach the same outcome. Want to farm for something? Its free and has a grind that just teaters on annoying, but still something pheazable. Want to just buy it? Thats a thing too. Want to trade and get plat and buy that way? Hey, that works too. I like that. I dont think DE is on steady ground, but now that they got all their major projects almost done, theyll start focusing on little things again. 

That's pretty much my hope. I think people forget that Warframe is still in beta (I don't care what DE or other players label it, it's beta) which I'm not saying as an excuse or compliment. But it's merely a way to set expectation. You can expect nothing of Warframe, but you can expect anything to everything.

There are lots of things I would like DE to fix, but suggesting them now would fall on deaf ears not because I don't think they are listening, but because they can't slot in the time to address it. Personally, I will just keep on reporting fixable bugs and wait until Duviri paradox is released before I get on DE's case about starchart progression, quest consistency and UI design. 

21 hours ago, ty91 said:

DE is owned by a chinese company to my knowledge. And im glad someone with a different view point has replied to me.

Can I ask why you would rather be spending time in warframe doing these "minigames" rather than playing another game which may have it as their core gameplay?

The company that owns DE is a Chinese chicken enterprise that diversified its portfolio by buying various electronic business. They have virtually no involvement with the management of DE, to my understanding. 
they simply are betting that DE is a good investment. To which I would agree. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awazx said:

This is the problem, well summarized in 2 lines.

Even if Railjack was excellent, it is "a game within another game." It could be an excellent space simulator, it could be wonderful to kill enemies using the ship's turrets, but it would be playing another game.

This seems a little exaggerated. Railjack meshes the elements of all Warframe gameplay. As it expands they will connect to the non Railjack modes, adding Emerson’s and connection to the game. It is designed to address the silo problem of game modes. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

The company that owns DE is a Chinese chicken enterprise that diversified its portfolio by buying various electronic business. They have virtually no involvement with the management of DE, to my understanding. 
they simply are betting that DE is a good investment. To which I would agree. 

Yea for some reason people love to think that it's only China doing shady videogame tactics when its actually everyone lol

42 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Or maybe we have the right to not be happy on how things turned out

You may like it, but some of us don't or at least want changes, respect our point of view too

The view of not liking something is fine but expressing dislikes before experiencing it, understanding it or due to a failure in reading the information about it, is not fine. We shouldn't accept or blend in honest feedback with fake or assuming perceptions. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

The view of not liking something is fine but expressing dislikes before experiencing it, understanding it or due to a failure in reading the information about it, is not fine. We shouldn't accept or blend in honest feedback with fake or assuming perceptions. 

did you die in the first mission when you first started playing?

Same here, I have a new Railjack, I shouldn't die like a turd on the very first mission 20s after starting it

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PS4)GEN-Son_17:

Pro-tip: If you think that not liking something is fine and also think that everyone who didn't like it just didn't understand it, you don't really think that not liking something is fine.

2 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

It is not a one dimensional game nor simply a "hack n slash" but, instead, a living and developing novel.

I’d say that it’s mostly a hack and slash/loot shooter that has a few quests spread throughout. 

No one would keep playing Warframe if they only liked the quests. 

• Like 1

They also "intentionally" left coptering in the game for years, and we all know how that turned out.

You know the game is still in beta, right? You know the forums has a feedback section for a reason, right? You know that blindly accepting anything provided to a player doesnt pressure the dev to improve on what they made, right?

'course you do.

I don't think the players really understand.

This is DE's game where they can add anything they want but somehow the players are the one that know better? I wouldn't believe them unless they're the massive investors that able to supply DE with millions of dollars, surpassing LeYou so where are they?

Not to mention the players are very bipolar sometimes. They complain about the grind being one and done so you can enjoy the game with whatever you want and ask DE for sustainable content

(sustainable content is always doing the same mission over and over for random drops with random stats, random perks, random everything)

Funny thing is, that kind of thing magically doesn't work and a bad addition. They complain about the same thing they praise in other games, pretty funny if I must say.

A sustainable content that is one and done and always reward you with better gear every time, you're a god if you can design a game with these criteria

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't think the players really understand.

This is DE's game where they can add anything they want but somehow the players are the one that know better? I wouldn't believe them unless they're the massive investors that able to supply DE with millions of dollars, surpassing LeYou so where are they?

Not to mention the players are very bipolar sometimes. They complain about the grind being one and done so you can enjoy the game with whatever you want and ask DE for sustainable content

(sustainable content is always doing the same mission over and over for random drops with random stats, random perks, random everything)

Funny thing is, that kind of thing magically doesn't work and a bad addition. They complain about the same thing they praise in other games, pretty funny if I must say.

A sustainable content that is one and done and always reward you with better gear every time, you're a god if you can design a game with these criteria

The question was if players understand WF, not how DE chooses to make an income.Devs can turn this game 360s all year long but in the end it's the players that decide if a game is fun/enjoyble/worth the money/worth it.

Plus there are other ways for sustainable content besides rng but the problem isn't the rng, it's the reward itself to start with.In other games a new weapon with better stats can change the way you play the game, in here what?With so many weapons to choose from, with mods and rivens, nukes and constant nerfs that type of rng is irrelevant.If a game is judged from it's creators rather than the players then it's worth as much as the taped banana in the art gallery.

4 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Every update is a preset for the picture and is not a simple pointless add.

You are exactly right. 

For instance fortuna/Orb Valis, DE themselves tease 3 orb fights and we get 2 of them. 

We get teased with a flying eidolon which turns in simple boss fight on jupiter that's easier then Alad V/Zanukia with Vor monologue 2.0 that takes up 1/3rd the screen, 

Il y a 6 heures, ColPresumptuous a dit :

Given my fully modded Amesha still gets mostly one shot by the Crew Ships, and its bubble doesnt effect their missles while a good choice, the Amesha along with Archguns fall off pretty quickly after Earth.

I own all the Archwing, except Amesha. From my experience, Archwing feels made of paper on Railjack maps.

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Pro-tip: If you think that not liking something is fine and also think that everyone who didn't like it just didn't understand it, you don't really think that not liking something is fine.

Pro-tip: If someone did not say "everyone", do not force "everyone" in their statement. Also, if that's what you got out of what I wrote then that's fine if you didn't understand it.