Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't repair loot for your railjack

Desolator_X

Railjack loot components need a massive buff. As it stands right now they cost 1.5-2x the cost of a normal T1-2 item (have checked engines, reactors, and guns) and have way worse stats (engines and reactors) or equal damage with +/- 1-3% status on the guns. All of this for double the cost. Completely not worth.

Since DE has removed the ability to preview Mk2 and Mk3 gear with the last hotfix it just feels like they want us to waste massive amounts of resources. and / or buy the instant repair item for 50 plat each from the store...

Don't bother restoring any looted gear until you have a comparison from your research. It's 99.999% sure a utter waste of materials and you can do Earth + half of Saturn just fine with starter gear and a half decent team

• Like 11

yeah, the costs for repairing Salvage did alarm me a bit. the first thing i got was a moderate upgrade over the Tier 1 part that's still Researching, but then it probably isn't much better than Tier 2 if not the same, so..... not sure if i should care about Repairing it.

in principle, Salvaging stuff and Repairing it is probably a good Gameplay loop (though preferably with us being able to get Salvaged Parts more intentionally, perhaps on Corvettes and larger Ships we might have that capability but idk yet - either way being able to mostly reliably choose to get a Salvage part Drop from an Enemy vessel based on something you do as the Player, feels much cooler than just pure RNG so hopefully that will be the case), but the costs of it will determine if it's worth using for sure.

• Like 1

I found a Vidar Mk1 reactor and it costs like 2400 prustel, 3600 Diodes,. 5 aucrux capacitors and 120 isos  to repair the thing. It just seems insane. Especially considering I am just gobbling up the prustels and diodes to make ammo for my fire extinguisher/hull repair gun.

Even if i wanted to upgrade it. There is no way in hell i could. I coompleted earth and every mission was hoping the drop rate of these would increase but it has not really. I am still struggling to find lots of resources.  

Not quite sure what to do. Sucks getting shiny new loot and not being able to upgrade it through honest gameplay. I feel like I am almost being forced to buy this repair kit. Or I won't get to see this new reactor for a very long time. 

I am hoping the drop rate of mats increases greatly when i get further. Otherwise this is some despicable p2w nonsense. 

Edited by bananacat89
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, bananacat89 said:

I found a Vidar Mk1 reactor and it costs like 2400 prustel, 3600 Diodes,. 5 aucrux capacitors and 120 isos  to repair the thing. It just seems insane. Especially considering I am just gobbling up the prustels and diodes to make ammo for my fire extinguisher/hull repair gun.

Even if i wanted to upgrade it. There is no way in hell i could. I coompleted earth and every mission was hoping the drop rate of these would increase but it has not really. I am still struggling to find lots of resources.  

Not quite sure what to do. Sucks getting shiny new loot and not being able to upgrade it through honest gameplay. I feel like I am almost being forced to buy this repair kit. Or I won't get to see this new reactor for a very long time. 

I am hoping the drop rate of mats increases greatly when i get further. Otherwise this is some despicable p2w nonsense. 

I thought this Rush Repair Drone ("immediately repair a damaged component or armament") applied to these new components we got. I'm guessing they don't and only apply to the default components.

30 minutes ago, Yetman said:

... they'll hotfix this away any moment now lol

They can't hotfix it, it's completely reliant on two people taking out crewships and you just do the mission with those while the railjack hiden in the corner with someone dedicated to repair and boarding repelling. fourth guy can hlep on the railjack, or, if the guy there is good enough, do a sceondary objective like turbine or whatever.

The only weapons I've made so far that  I didn't regret were the Cryophons. Everything else has either had terrible heat issues or just bad damage against the enemies it drops from.

Save your resources and buy from the clan tech.

Edited by zakaryx

not true, the weapon damage increase is absolutely noticeable on what you're supposed to be using it on: fighters. On crewships and larger things you need the artillery cannon if you want to damage it with your ship, though you're obviously much better off just flying over and taking control of it.

The problem is that this upgrade can be gotten at half the cost from research, and barring at best 3% status or crit (which without mods doesn't amount to any significant DPS advantage) you're not getting anything special for the price. You also don't *need* the damage upgrade to deal with fighters, as they just take slightly longer to murder with a T0 gun but are by no means problematic

16 hours ago, TheGildedOni said:

I thought this Rush Repair Drone ("immediately repair a damaged component or armament") applied to these new components we got. I'm guessing they don't and only apply to the default components.

They apply to the damaged wreckage you gather, Reactors, Engines, Guns ect ect . MK1 to Mk3 stuff. Once your item is fixed it does not take any damage and does not need repair. 

If you repair normally with resources it costs a lot and you have to wait 12 hours for the item to finish. With one of these Rush repair drones you get it instant and save all the material cost. 

Edited by bananacat89
spelling

Well everyone at DE just gives themselves the resources so how the hell could any of them know the hassle of farmin/grinding resources but then again it's another monetization loop from DE i mean cmon 50 plat for a rush drone or thousends of new resources that are difficult to farm even with a booster i swear none of them play this game seriously

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, vomder said:

Except there is a real problem here, unless I missed something. You can't scrap unrepaired drops, and having only so many slots, you are going to run into a problem with them.

Before you start repairing it, if you click one of your equipped components in your Components page, or weapons in your Armaments page, then click the Wreckage in the list that brings up you'll see the "Repair" button and 2 little icons next to it.  One of those icons is "Scrap" and will give you Dirac.

If you've already started repairing it, however, you no longer have the option and need to fully fund it.  But once it's fully repaired, then you can scrap it for a return of all resources used to repair it (but I think you don't get the Dirac you'd have gotten if you'd scrapped it without repairing). That's what I'm doing right now as mistakes were made 😉

Edited by Andvarja

learn to loot the map and drop from enemies.
I am not trolling, there is insane amount of resources around the map that public squad are usualy unable to cooperatively loot and they just left it behind.
Every dead fighter and crew ship drops ress. Again in the heat of public squad space battle 50% and that will get just left there to rot.
For now the loot from the "inside" parts of level (base cashes, crew ship cashes) is not share. Thats a big nono i will put some feedback on it (but i presume others already done that).
Control your refine and refill strategy.

With boosters i got enough for 1 MK3 item in 2 days, rest of my ship is MK2 so for me its not insane grind, its to fast.

I also speed repair some of my stuff with drones... dont do it now i got crazy load of ress for with i dont have a use for now.

Edited by Wakata
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Aroneos said:

... reading a lot of mimimi.

I farmed enough for 2x mk1 weapon and 1x mk2 reactor, almost enough for a 2nd mk2. It's not as hard as you all are saying. Till you got pilot etc on 10 you can build all the S#&$ you want

Get ready for the 15k Tit you need for every single MK3 part.

On 2019-12-13 at 7:44 PM, Desolator_X said:

They can't hotfix it, it's completely reliant on two people taking out crewships and you just do the mission with those while the railjack hiden in the corner with someone dedicated to repair and boarding repelling. fourth guy can hlep on the railjack, or, if the guy there is good enough, do a sceondary objective like turbine or whatever.

Pretty much, there's no hotfix that's going to stop me from superhero landing my way into an enemy ship and asserting my dominance.

On 2019-12-13 at 7:03 PM, taiiat said:

yeah, the costs for repairing Salvage did alarm me a bit. the first thing i got was a moderate upgrade over the Tier 1 part that's still Researching, but then it probably isn't much better than Tier 2 if not the same, so..... not sure if i should care about Repairing it.

Honestly, go MKI, skip MKII for the most part (MKI armaments still works in Veil, but will take quite a bit of time), and work for MKIII.

On 2019-12-13 at 6:41 PM, Desolator_X said:

Railjack loot components need a massive buff. As it stands right now they cost 1.5-2x the cost of a normal T1-2 item (have checked engines, reactors, and guns) and have way worse stats (engines and reactors) or equal damage with +/- 1-3% status on the guns. All of this for double the cost. Completely not worth.

Since DE has removed the ability to preview Mk2 and Mk3 gear with the last hotfix it just feels like they want us to waste massive amounts of resources. and / or buy the instant repair item for 50 plat each from the store...

Don't bother restoring any looted gear until you have a comparison from your research. It's 99.999% sure a utter waste of materials and you can do Earth + half of Saturn just fine with starter gear and a half decent team

going to assume you have hyperstrike on your ship. the stats of your guns are with that mod. the wreckage doesn't account for that. so while it looks like its a minor upgrade its actually pretty sizable. That said, some of the costs do seem a little high but i think thats because scraping wreckage gives ship endo and not resources.

On 2019-12-14 at 12:41 AM, Desolator_X said:

There are several drops that are magnitudes above whatever you can craft in your clan. Especially when it comes to reactors, shields and engines.

The costs are also a non-issue, because if you do repair an item and then find one that is better, you can just scrap the old one and get the mats back to use on something else or on the new item if they are of the same tier. Like I did yesterday. Had an upgraded nice reactor, found an even better one of the same tier right before logging. What did I do? Scrapped the one I had and repaired the new one with the same mats over night so it was ready when I logged on today.