Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't repair loot for your railjack

Desolator_X

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

The costs are also a non-issue, because if you do repair an item and then find one that is better, you can just scrap the old one and get the mats back to use on something else or on the new item if they are of the same tier. Like I did yesterday. Had an upgraded nice reactor, found an even better one of the same tier right before logging. What did I do? Scrapped the one I had and repaired the new one with the same mats over night so it was ready when I logged on today.

this is a lie. you only get 50% back so its a massive risk of crafting everything below mk 3

On 2019-12-14 at 12:59 PM, Andvarja said:

Before you start repairing it, if you click one of your equipped components in your Components page, or weapons in your Armaments page, then click the Wreckage in the list that brings up you'll see the "Repair" button and 2 little icons next to it.  One of those icons is "Scrap" and will give you Dirac.

If you've already started repairing it, however, you no longer have the option and need to fully fund it.  But once it's fully repaired, then you can scrap it for a return of all resources used to repair it (but I think you don't get the Dirac you'd have gotten if you'd scrapped it without repairing). That's what I'm doing right now as mistakes were made 😉

Are you sure we get it all back?

if we do I have 2 T1 guns I want to scrap to make a T2

8 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

Are you sure we get it all back?

if we do I have 2 T1 guns I want to scrap to make a T2

Looks like you only get half of your resources back, at least judging from my (and some of my clanmates) cases in regards to scrapping some repaired MK1 parts.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra

3 hours ago, Desolator_X said:

this is a lie. you only get 50% back so its a massive risk of crafting everything below mk 3

What is a lie? You scrap an item to get materials back which you can then use for the better item.

There is absolutely zero risk with it because very few of the items you use for MK1 and 2 are used for MK3. So why exactly stockpile them beyond what you need to build?

edit: And if you get half back chances are you've scrapped dojo items. I'm pretty much 100% sure I got a full return on my reactor but zero dirac.

Edited by SneakyErvin

6 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

Honestly, go MKI, skip MKII for the most part (MKI armaments still works in Veil, but will take quite a bit of time), and work for MKIII.

now that more time has passed, instead my opinion is build the best thing that you can from what Blueprints you have, or wait for Clantech for an easier start in Railjack. the Research Parts are not competitive to the House Blueprints (which is probably a good thing, not complaining).

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

now that more time has passed, instead my opinion is build the best thing that you can from what Blueprints you have, or wait for Clantech for an easier start in Railjack. the Research Parts are not competitive to the House Blueprints (which is probably a good thing, not complaining).

Correction:  Research parts are not competitive with high roll house blueprints.  Usually.  Zetki reactors for example are generally crap in regards to avionics, as they're about flux capacity.  The clan variant will probably be a solid replacement if avionics are what you're after.  Against high roll vidar though?  Clan is obsolete.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

38 minutes ago, taiiat said:

Eh, you're going to go through Saturn relatively quickly with a half-competent crew, which is why I suggest saving materials for MKIII stuff. Course, you can decide to opt staying in Saturn to farm up a lot of its resources.

45 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Correction:  Research parts are not competitive with high roll house blueprints.

sorry, i was thinking about Guns - yeah the Shield/Engine/Reactors may be good choices to get some initial Stats until something good Drops for those.

11 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Eh, you're going to go through Saturn relatively quickly with a half-competent crew, which is why I suggest saving materials for MKIII stuff. Course, you can decide to opt staying in Saturn to farm up a lot of its resources.

well you certainly aren't going to get into Zone 3 by the time you complete Zone1&2 (you won't have the Skill Points to enter yet), so yeah you'll be grinding in Saturn anyways so you might as well.

getting some Carcinnoxes (or maybe Pulsar/Photor if you're into that) so that the Railjack can actually defend itself will make a big difference, not to mention maybe finding a good Reactor to start upgrading those Mods.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

well you certainly aren't going to get into Zone 3 by the time you complete Zone1&2 (you won't have the Skill Points to enter yet), so yeah you'll be grinding in Saturn anyways so you might as well.

getting some Carcinnoxes (or maybe Pulsar/Photor if you're into that) so that the Railjack can actually defend itself will make a big difference, not to mention maybe finding a good Reactor to start upgrading those Mods.

By the time you grind up to Intrinsic 7, assuming that's the goal, you wouldn't have that many resources to get all components to Mark II. Maybe two if you're lucky.

And you can still run with MKI equipment in Veil, at least the early parts. You do need a crew that knows what they're doing, of course.

EDIT: Go for Pulsar, it's nice to get fighters to crash into asteroids and your ship for a free kill.

Edited by Renegade343

I wish you could stop and refund a repair that got started by mistake, started the wrong part, now I have resources in limbo, the part waiting on the rest of the resources to be added.

Repair costs are crazy, might wait until DE halve the requirements needed. 😛

I got a MKII reactor in a mission but host migration bugged mission we didn't get our loot and damn it was a lot. 😞 

On 2019-12-13 at 5:41 PM, Desolator_X said:

Railjack loot components need a massive buff. As it stands right now they cost 1.5-2x the cost of a normal T1-2 item (have checked engines, reactors, and guns) and have way worse stats (engines and reactors) or equal damage with +/- 1-3% status on the guns. All of this for double the cost. Completely not worth.

Since DE has removed the ability to preview Mk2 and Mk3 gear with the last hotfix it just feels like they want us to waste massive amounts of resources. and / or buy the instant repair item for 50 plat each from the store...

Don't bother restoring any looted gear until you have a comparison from your research. It's 99.999% sure a utter waste of materials and you can do Earth + half of Saturn just fine with starter gear and a half decent team

Thanks for the heads up, I won't be repairing anything else and focus on the research then.

And here I am, still waiting for our Mk1 dojo research to finish.

I gotta ask, why is everyone in such a hurry? Is there some sort of race or competiton to finish all Railjack missions before 2020?? Or is this another case of "If I can't finish all new content in a week then it's too grindy" mentality?

Also, with regards to resources, looting missions after completing the objective helps a lot.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Megalomaniakaal:

Building it right now, a shame if it doesn't work. But the speed difference is relatively minor so might just be perceptually insignificant perhaps?

The 10 km/h should increase the ship by ~50... So ~350 instead of 300(Base). But if I equip the shown speed (300) doesnt change at all. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Mr.Fluffins:

And here I am, still waiting for our Mk1 dojo research to finish.

I gotta ask, why is everyone in such a hurry? Is there some sort of race or competiton to finish all Railjack missions before 2020?? Or is this another case of "If I can't finish all new content in a week then it's too grindy" mentality?

Also, with regards to resources, looting missions after completing the objective helps a lot.

I just love to be faster than my clan comrades. xD 

Btw everyone is crying about ressources, but the fact, that you need 4x1023=4092 skill-points to get all skills to 10, seems not interesting. By that time you got all gear on mk3 anyway... And there are 1023 more points for the commander later xD

Research takes 72hrs, can't be rushed, costs less resources.

Wreckage takes 12hrs, can be rushed for 20p, costs far more resources, can also be repaired instantly for 50p and doesn't use resources 

Edited by SteRage

13 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

What is a lie? You scrap an item to get materials back which you can then use for the better item.

There is absolutely zero risk with it because very few of the items you use for MK1 and 2 are used for MK3. So why exactly stockpile them beyond what you need to build?

edit: And if you get half back chances are you've scrapped dojo items. I'm pretty much 100% sure I got a full return on my reactor but zero dirac.

no, i've scrapped repaired wreckage. Stop telling BS to people. You get half back on all items that you build, buy, or repair. there are more threads and posts calling DE out for their willful misleading of people in the patch notes