Oreades

Why can't Titania handle like Archwing in Empyrion?

So I was playing some more Empyrion and while the ship flight isn't exactly my cup of tea, the way the Archwing handled was everything I would love to see in Titania. 

Decent speed and great (not to mention responsive) directional control. In fact it reminds me of how Razorwing used to handle.

Any chance we can get that back? Cause I was really hopeful when I was playing it and then I popped into my Titania Loadout and sprint toggle still locks her into moving forward with no player input and the S key does virtually nothing. 

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, my first thoughts were that too. I almost took her out of the closet for sorties to see if those changes effected her but got distracted by something else. Honestly I feel your pain.

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

I popped into my Titania Loadout and sprint toggle still locks her into moving forward

This is what killed her. I know some people say in chat and in-game during mission when I ask "Oh she's better now because of the Razorwing changes" but everytime I've seen someone using her Razorwing they're always hovering still... I've even seen people drop her out of it, move up a corridor, and go back into it. If the changes were so great, why can't you move in Razorwing?

I don't know why they had her like that in the first place. I want my Titania back too 😢 .

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SpringRocker said:

Yeah, my first thoughts were that too. I almost took her out of the closet for sorties to see if those changes effected her but got distracted by something else. Honestly I feel your pain.

This is what killed her. I know some people say in chat and in-game during mission when I ask "Oh she's better now because of the Razorwing changes" but everytime I've seen someone using her Razorwing they're always hovering still... I've even seen people drop her out of it, move up a corridor, and go back into it. If the changes were so great, why can't you move in Razorwing?

I don't know why they had her like that in the first place. I want my Titania back too 😢 .

I mean, its not even that sprint defaults her movement forward, its that YOU CANT MOVE IN ONE DIRECTION WHILE SPRINTING AND AIM AT THE OTHER WELL, this killed a big part of her potential air gameplay capacity outside of corridors where you couldnt do proper bombing runs in the first place.
Posted so about the ascent/descent part even yee on patch day (ontop of being unable to sprint while aiming, which is probably 80% of the reason why people appear to just be hovering/not moving much with her) and assumed (wrongly) that it was just me being used to whats now the afterburner keybind for the left/right movement.

As in, its not the new-ish movement scheme overall, its the devil in the details that got missed by DE.

Edited by Andele3025
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Afterburners have vanished from Archwing since update 27 hit, and the sprint key is now just sprint. Titania still has the update 26 sprint including forward movement. This is literally the only difference between how they handle. And I'm not sure archwings are handling correctly.

I've never understood the "Razorwing is slow" complaints. Her base flight speed is already a bit better than base parkour speed, since you don't have to adjust your directions as much, and you won't actually use her primary weapon for anything, so having a rifle with Amalgam Serration is a free 25% sprint mod for her on top of that. Add Blitz, and she's insanely fast. If you can't control her at full blitz, just don't go full blitz, or just don't sprint while at 179%+ speed.

Edit: As far as the sprint toggle goes, that is an actual issue. If the current archwing flight controls are correct, it's one that should go away. Otherwise, I don't see it being fixed, so you'd have to turn off the toggle sprint option when you play her. Which would be annoying as hell if you use that option normally.

Edited by nooneyouknow13