Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help Needed For Upgrading Weapon

ph12345

Question

I'm currently using soma and I don't really know how to build it. I have not used orokin catalyst on it yet but I am willing to use it. Forma-ed it once. 

Current mods:

Cyro rounds - 6

Wildfire - 9

Piercing hit - 7 

Point strike - 8 (4)

Serration - 8(4)

9 answers to this question

Max out your crit chance if you haven't already. you can it up around 85% if I remember right. I love seeing those yellow numbers when I'm shooting it! :) add that to max crit damage and it's an awesome gun. I want to add hammer shot to mine on top of that... Having problems getting it to drop though.

in addition to the above about Vital Sense and Multishot others warmly suggested (plus the catalyst), I'd suggest to dump Wildfire and get a Shred.

Even if at half power it does wonders as it allows your bullets to get through 3-4 mobs if they are in a straight line. And to shoot at sheild lancers and mobs behind small cover (rails, crate corners) as if they were in the open.

Hammer shot is nice but has a lower priority than the above imho. I don't have it and with a maxed critical card I hardly see white (non-critical) numbers (hits).

in addition to the above about Vital Sense and Multishot others warmly suggested (plus the catalyst), I'd suggest to dump Wildfire and get a Shred.

Even if at half power it does wonders as it allows your bullets to get through 3-4 mobs if they are in a straight line. And to shoot at sheild lancers and mobs behind small cover (rails, crate corners) as if they were in the open.

Hammer shot is nice but has a lower priority than the above imho. I don't have it and with a maxed critical card I hardly see white (non-critical) numbers (hits).

This

Shred is an excellent mod, definitely get multishot in there as well. wildfire does have the nice benefit of increasing the magazine, though. I'd  say decrease the cryo rounds to base level, 4, just so that your shots have that slowing effect and are more useful against shields. reload speed is nice too, if you can spare the mod points. but definitely max point strike, possibly throw on some vital sense if you have it. This might be a nice gun to potato. I haven't but that's because I have several other potatoed primaries. but still, this was one of the most fun guns to use. and I love that the actual magazine moves through the gun as you run through the bullets. very cool

On my soma I use

serration (10)

Split Chamber (5)

Hellfire (5)

Cryo (5)

Vital sense (5)

Point strike (5)

Hammer shot (3)

And Piercing hit (5)

It costs a total of 58 mod cap

I used a Catalyst and three forma adding a - and 2 V slots.

I can one shot any mob level 65 and bellow and any heavy level 1 - 70 can be killed in 1-4 shots total.

Without a catalyst you are limited in 'extras', what I would call stuff like Shred or Multishot; the point:benefit ratio is too low.

Serration 5 (10)

Point Strike 5 (9)

Vital Sense 9

Piercing Hit 9 (Grineer) / Stormbringer 11 (corpus) / Hellfire 11 (Infested)

Fast Hands 2 (Grineer)

is the most effective non-shred build without a catalyst. You will fare poorly against Infested Chargers, but everything else will go down just fine.

If you *must* have shred, you use R4 and swap in in for serration, acknowledging you lose ~65% DPS and half your ammo economy.