Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can crewships be killed with railjack weapons?

evil713

50 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

with mk 0 weapons its faster to just board them though.

It's still far faster to board with Mk I weapons, fully upgraded turret avionics, and missiles, too.  Crew ships simply have way too much armor.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

Not really, once you consider they are railjacks with grineer crews and skins.

True, I could understand if boarding is faster to destroy a crewship, but would still be feasible to destroy with conventional weapons. With the need of a gunner of mid rank and a engineer that can manufacture dome charges makes spinal weapons unusable in the early railjack game. 

6 minutes ago, evil713 said:

True, I could understand if boarding is faster to destroy a crewship, but would still be feasible to destroy with conventional weapons. With the need of a gunner of mid rank and a engineer that can manufacture dome charges makes spinal weapons unusable in the early railjack game. 

Especially when it glitches out and the guy who boards it gets stuck there with no way to leave unless somebody outside the ship can destroy it.

29 minutes ago, evil713 said:

Railjack guns should be able to destroy them if they pound them long enough, and archwing guns should be able to destroy them by attacking a specific weak point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sitchrea said:

Apparently the main artillery cannon will destroy them.

My personal opinion is that the main cannon should be used for huge, heavily armored targets, like space stations or capital ships.  We shouldn't need it for a crew ship.

Just now, Butterfly85 said:

I just board them and blow them up. You can 2 shot the reactor with a good gun/shotgun. Might as well as I'm  permanently archwing running interference against the fighters anyway ...

Well my issue is as a pilot with a railjack sometimes my crew dosent lisen to my extensive yelling to go over and kill the damned crewship so it stops blowing holes in my railjack and using up our omni.

I need some way to yell at them that pops up as big words right in there face.

• Like 1

Just now, evil713 said:

Well my issue is as a pilot with a railjack sometimes my crew dosent lisen to my extensive yelling to go over and kill the damned crewship so it stops blowing holes in my railjack and using up our omni.

That sucks. Now more than ever you're relying on players who are actually clued up on how things work in game and are able to work as a team.

For the record my railjack play is just me and my missus. Not going to lie, it's a challenge when it's just two people playing, but we manage. Cant wait for the command section to be added in so npcs can help out with repairs and stuff

4 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

That sucks. Now more than ever you're relying on players who are actually clued up on how things work in game and are able to work as a team.

For the record my railjack play is just me and my missus. Not going to lie, it's a challenge when it's just two people playing, but we manage. Cant wait for the command section to be added in so npcs can help out with repairs and stuff

Command section better fill in slots when there are not players and not just single player or its going to be rough.

I mean it took forever to find the tactical menu was "L". Why L and not just use M for this?

Edited by evil713
more words.

9 minutes ago, evil713 said:

The easiest solution to your problem is to leave the gunners to gun and the engineer to engineer and pop out the back and make quick work of the crew ship yourself. Assuming your warframe and archwing are viable enough.

1 minute ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

The easiest solution to your problem is to leave the gunners to gun and the engineer to engineer and pop out the back and make quick work of the crew ship yourself. Assuming your warframe and archwing are viable enough.

That would be great, if they weren't all just patching holes. And using up all the omni. Since I lack the ability to "deal with the problem" via my pilot guns or my torpedo launcher combinded with the absurd amount of armor on crewships. even yelling at one to take over piloting diddent work. In one case one just stood next to the pilot station and fired at ships with his rifle for a minute. I am being crewed with stormtrooper rejects.

2 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

and they can die in approximately 10 seconds with rank 4 gunner. hop into slingshot, go in, 2 tap it, walk out, or even better recall out

^this is where we run into a different issue, leveling intrinsic's. As far as I know, the only way to level this is via a console in the drydock. You cannot do this from your orbiter, or from inside the railjack itself. This means that crew, even though you can bring them back to your drydock, cannot disembark to use the console, and people that don't have clans cannot level even though they have archwings needed to be crew.

Also the arsenal station on the railjack can only be used in the drydock, which is a separate weirdness. 

This lack of access hurts crews and there power. The inability for the crew to level in a drydock that you dock too is bad, this means your crew leaves to level, and given the slot filling mentality they don't actually rejoin your ship. I need at least a level 3 pilot, level 5 gunner, level 5 engineer and I don't know level 4 tactical? At that point I would deem a Railjack properly crewed.

2 minutes ago, evil713 said:

^this is where we run into a different issue, leveling intrinsic's. As far as I know, the only way to level this is via a console in the drydock. You cannot do this from your orbiter, or from inside the railjack itself. This means that crew, even though you can bring them back to your drydock, cannot disembark to use the console, and people that don't have clans cannot level even though they have archwings needed to be crew.

Also the arsenal station on the railjack can only be used in the drydock, which is a separate weirdness. 

This lack of access hurts crews and there power. The inability for the crew to level in a drydock that you dock too is bad, this means your crew leaves to level, and given the slot filling mentality they don't actually rejoin your ship. I need at least a level 3 pilot, level 5 gunner, level 5 engineer and I don't know level 4 tactical? At that point I would deem a Railjack properly crewed.

on your orbiter: Esc > Profile > Intrinsic

• Like 4

2 hours ago, evil713 said:

If they're anything like me, they're suffering from a bug in which they can't archwing over to a crew ship without getting stuck in the first room.  It happens to me virtually every single time I try to board a crew ship when I am a client.  When I am the host, there are no problems.  So, until DE fixes that (or until someone on your ship gets to lvl 5 in gunnery and can waste a dome charge to blow up a crew ship), you might want to consider the job of infiltrating and killing crew ships to be the host's responsibility.

14 hours ago, CoreWolf said:

Do they actually die though? Whenever I see them reduced to 0% from external weapon damage they just seem to go invuln and motionless for a period of time and then renegerate. Seems odd.

You have to destroy the reactor inside, otherwise it would too easy to just shoot it