Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack -- First Impressions Pilot/Tactical

Kontrollo

I've been focussing on these two simply because I've already got my machine ready and had the time to spare this early on. I'm at rank 4 with both of them at the moment. Being in the pilot's seat is almost a full-time job, so these two go well together.

• The interface for giving orders is nice to have, but a bit clunky. I don't think i need quite a few options there, telling those guys to do obvious stuff is redundant:
    • Repair: if they're on the ship, then they know when to repair
    • Gunner/Artillery: maybe mildly useful, but I don't see me clicking those a lot, if at all -- would be much more useful if I could tell someone outside to come back and help shooting, though
    • Munitions; well, replenishing the rockets is an upgrade that's not there from the start, and they know when they have to replenish the Revolite themselves

• What I'm missing:
    • Marking a priority target (e.g. a Crewship) from the pilot's seat
    • Telling someone on the Railjack to switch to their Archwing, or go board a Crewship
    • When I use the tactical overlay from the pilot's seat, I can't see where exactly on the Railjack the others are. They're shown like "in another room". Really limits its usefulness.

• What I'd like to see/would be nice to have:
    • "Broadcast", i.e. non-directed "commands", on a separate wheel, as mentioned in the discussion. E.g. "I'm ready to slingshot, point me at a target"
    • It would be great to have an indicator in the tactical menu at what distance and where (distance) my squad mates currently are.

I'm probably going to update this post with some additional things later.

Edited by Kontrollo
added nice-to-haves

21 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Marking a priority target (e.g. a Crewship) from the pilot's seat

I'd like this. I prefer to run crewship demolition, and having my target marked would be a great use. Doubly so if it meant getting the pilot to point at my target long enough for me to slingshot over.

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I'd like this. I prefer to run crewship demolition, and having my target marked would be a great use. Doubly so if it meant getting the pilot to point at my target long enough for me to slingshot over.

Hm come to think of it, maybe there should be an additional wheel that's simply a broadcast, and not directed to another squad member. "Ready to slingshot, give me a target" would be a great fit there.

Edited by Kontrollo
better

The map indicators are useful, but only if my squad mates are in the "same room" on the same map (ship). I'd like to have an additional display:

• A simple circle or arrow pointing in the direction of each ally
    • take my Warframe's plane of orientation to deal with the 3D
  • A distance meter

These would help getting a better overview of the situation, they don't have to be extremely accurate and up-to-date.

Edited by Kontrollo

Pilot intrinsic needs the ability to slave all turrets to  forward guns when not manned by other crew members, considering that the side sponsons can cover the entire sky around the hip makes sense when not controlled to have all weapons fixed forward, converting the ship in a heavy fighter (considering how crap our damage is)

• Like 2