Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loving this so much.

Anarbitrio

I love Sci-Fi novels (mostly hard Sci-Fi), movies and games, but I have never felt as immersed as with Empyrean.

Playing with my friends and realizing we're saying things like "Atmospherics are down" after hearing the oxygen escaping from a hull breach or "Focusing on evasive maneuvers, we need someone on board of that ship" was just something I've never experienced before.

It's not like we all set out to roleplay the experience... It just came natural. We were all talking to each other as if we were actually on a fictional interplanetary vessel.

It's the first time that I got to actually feel part of the experience, and not just spectating, through an entertainment medium. 

Thanks DE!

By the way, can't get enough of Cephalon Cy!

Edited by Anarbitrio
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Anarbitrio said:

I love Sci-Fi novels (mostly hard Sci-Fi), movies and games, but I have never felt as immersed as with Empyrean.

Playing with my friends and realizing we're saying things like "Atmospherics are down" after hearing the oxygen escaping from a hill breach or "Focusing on evasive maneuvers, we need someone on board of that ship" was just something I've never experienced before.

It's not like we all set out to roleplay the experience... It just came natural. We were all talking to each other as if we were actually on a fictional interplanetary vessel.

It's the first time that I got to actually feel part of the experience, and not just spectating, through an entertainment medium. 

Thanks DE!

By the way, can't get enough of Cephalon Cy!

Exactly this. Whole heartedly agree with this post. Absolutely loving the team based update. 

• Like 1

Also I really like feeling like a crew. After the first mission we were all "committing" to specific intrinsics (for now) to cover different roles and be the most effective crew possible. It makes us really look forward to seeing each other online or bugging each other on discord.

I also truly appreciate The Indifference reintroduced as an entity and the mysterious... Appendage :}

Hearing "Hey Kiddo, What took you so long" felt great, and the creepy, mysterious, yet not hostile atmosphere adds a lot.

Really, really happy about it all.

As I've mentioned elsewhere this new mode is a lot of fun.  I really enjoy it.  We've encountered a few bugs and really wish they'd be fixed because that would make the mode even better but its a great addition to the game imho.