Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is there a way to obtain paris prime at mastery 5 or below?

EnderTron4675

Question

7 answers to this question

AFAIK there's only two ways to obtain Prime weapons - via trade or via relic drops. Both are limited by MR - trade won't allow the main blueprint to be traded below the required MR and even if they did obtain it through the relic drop, the foundry won't allow the build to be started.

Come to think of it, a Rank 0 weapon with no forma/potato/lens is theoretically trade-able (I say theoretically as I've not tried this myself), although I would expect the same MR trade restriction to apply.

Unless they've found some sort of bug/exploit to get around the MR requirement, it shouldn't be possible.

The player has been around since before update 22.12, in that time period Paris Prime had a Mastery Rank requirement of 4. In update 22.12 this requirement was changed to 8.

This has happened before with weapons getting their Mastery Rank requirement raised and people below said Mastery Rank whom had already gotten said weapon because it was available to them prior, because DE is nice to its playerbase, instead of locking away the weapons from their use (even though they own them) until they reach the required Mastery Rank, they allow those players to keep using them. See: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Paris_Prime (Patch history section)

It's totally reasonable to assume newer players stop after a while and forget about the game, what you saw was a new player from before update 22.12 returning to the game.

Other examples of this happening are for example the Opticor, whose Mastery Rank requirement got changed from 6 to 14 in that very same update. See: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Opticor