Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MORE stat RNG, DE? Really?


RS219
 Share

Recommended Posts

dCmh-Qi8FP6Nt4eaYxqqXmUQNp-y-lozesPBZqef

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ea6s6w/railjack_parts_all_come_with_rng_stats_ew_de_ew/

w67g28n5bi441.png?width=397&auto=webp&s=

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/eadnt8/so_this_is_how_we_are_gonna_be_moving_foward_then/

52p7cz1b7m441.png?width=811&auto=webp&s=

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/eaksnq/dear_de_rng_rolls_on_equipment_is_already_bad

This utter garbage system was already cancerous enough as it is for kuva weapons especially when the system f$%^s you over if you get a lich with an inferior kuva weapon roll. Oh yeah, let's see useful valence transfer is for that newest 25% into a 50%, eh?

It's been said before but I'll say it again, this sort of RNG stat rolling is utter garbage and clogged up toilet levels of unacceptable in a game where loot doesn't drop like water and isn't usable right as it's picked up, as opposed to games like Borderlands and Path of Exile where they drop by the dozen.

This isn't justifiable, DE. PLEASE cut this out. Rivens weren't supposed to be a template and instruction manual for future weapon and equipment stat determination!

No more RNG stats.

Edited by RS219
Edit: And another link!
  • Like 19
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Its almost as if this was some sort of looter shooter where RNG is one of the main systems and is implemented in almost everything

It's not a looter-shooter where fully-built guns and armour and swords rain from the sky every time you tap 4 and that you can equip them the moment they get vacuumed over to you. That's the only justification for RNG stats.

We already have layers of RNG to get all the weapons, the fact that they all have the same stats was great. It used to be, "Your weapons=my weapons. Your mods=my mods", where players' skill then determined how well the rest of the game would go. Now it's all turning into a case of "All equipment are equal, some just happen to be more equal than others".

I was sick of that reason where RNG stats determined how "meta" or "end-game worthy" you were in other lootfest games and now it's looking like DE wants to go down that path.

Edited by RS219
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't see the problem with this implementation of the system.

It causes problems with Liches because weapons with lower rolls than what you already have offer no use beyond trading. But here we can scrap low rolls for Dirac and should you find a better roll you can scrap already built ones for their crafting cost.

But we wouldn't need this kind of system anyways if so many people didn't care so much about rewards. The incentive to possibly get another, better, drop is to incentivize those kinds of players to keep playing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, trst said:

I don't see the problem with this implementation of the system.

It causes problems with Liches because weapons with lower rolls than what you already have offer no use beyond trading. But here we can scrap low rolls for Dirac and should you find a better roll you can scrap already built ones for their crafting cost.

But we wouldn't need this kind of system anyways if so many people didn't care so much about rewards. The incentive to possibly get another, better, drop is to incentivize those kinds of players to keep playing.

Because 25 Dirac coming from purple drops that only appear maybe twice a mission is totally worth the thousands in materials to otherwise fix up the scrap...

That "incentive" of having to kill yet thousands more enemies because the piece you got wasn't good enough is disgusting and this is a precedent that will only get worse if DE is allowed to get away with it.

Imagine if the Akarius and Acceltra had x-y crit/damage/status RNG stats on top of having to kill demolisher infested for them, because this is what's going to happen in the future with each step DE takes down this increasingly worse path.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Test-995 said:

At this point it's fine and right way to go, S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y is a thing.

S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y of having to kill hundreds of enemies over hoping to get the same item to drop? This isn't a positive incentive, it's a negative incentive that relies on frustration to get players to play longer just to get that "perfect" roll.

What next for this S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y? DE's going to open up plat trading for this stuff? Hell-o scrap parts mafia.

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Its almost as if this was some sort of looter shooter where RNG is one of the main systems and is implemented in almost everything

"There's no reason to vaccinate your kids or improve medical technology, how do you think they dealt with that in the good old days?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't understand. If you get a better component, you scrap the old one, get all your materials (including the 2,500 Pustrils) back, and throw them in the better component.

Am I missing something? Is that not how this works?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

il y a 2 minutes, H0B0Z a dit :

I don't understand. If you get a better component, you scrap the old one, get all your materials (including the 2,500 Pustrils) back, and throw them in the better component.

Am I missing something? Is that not how this works?

It's true, I don't see the problem. If you break your leg, you just have to go to the hospital, get a transplant or stay 3 months with your leg immobilized. Everything has a solution in this life.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, H0B0Z said:

I don't understand. If you get a better component, you scrap the old one, get all your materials (including the 2,500 Pustrils) back, and throw them in the better component.

Am I missing something? Is that not how this works?

It’s because you’ll never feel rewarded for getting any version of the mod that’s not the best possible version.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, H0B0Z said:

I don't understand. If you get a better component, you scrap the old one, get all your materials (including the 2,500 Pustrils) back, and throw them in the better component.

Am I missing something? Is that not how this works?

The fact is that you still have to kill hundreds of thousands of enemies praying for the very same scrap piece to drop again, and that it doesn't drop with worse stats. Warframe is supposed to be a game where all weapons and equipment have the same stats, and that players' skill and experience is supposed to also be a major deciding factor in a mission's success.

DE is going down a slippery slope where they're increasingly assigning randomized stats to equipment that were originally made to be the same. Imagine claiming weapons from your foundry only to have their stats randomized. Imagine a hypothetical future Warframe whose base health isn't set at "300", but at "200-400".

Edited by RS219
Corrected grammar
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Simply_The_Cat said:

Weapons also has RNG, but only with damage stats, Crit/Status % as i got it remains the same. And it's still bad.

I just went through all the gun mount wreckage i've found and everytime the name is the same, the stats are the same. Luck or...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Is this just engines/shields/reactors? All the weapons i've looted have been the same stats.

If by same stats, do you mean no stat changes? Because it seems their stats are only revealed once you've restored them.

I can't speak for engines/shields/reactors on the other hand, I only picked up one new shield module so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RS219 said:

If by same stats, do you mean no stat changes? Because it seems their stats are only revealed once you've restored them.

I can't speak for engines/shields/reactors on the other hand, I only picked up one new shield module so far.

If you hold tab over the wreckage you can see all of their stats. Unless these change once restores, that i'm not sure about, i've restored none thus far and the resource cost is quite high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RS219 said:

Because 25 Dirac coming from purple drops that only appear maybe twice a mission is totally worth the thousands in materials to otherwise fix up the scrap...

That "incentive" of having to kill yet thousands more enemies because the piece you got wasn't good enough is disgusting and this is a precedent that will only get worse if DE is allowed to get away with it.

Imagine if the Akarius and Acceltra had x-y crit/damage/status RNG stats on top of having to kill demolisher infested for them, because this is what's going to happen in the future with each step DE takes down this increasingly worse path.

The point is that should you get a duplicate that's worse it's still giving you resources while getting a better roll is essentially free (minus crafting time) as you can get the resources back from an older one.

And again this is entirely because people are only playing for rewards. Now those very people can continue to play because they can get better rewards even after already having been rewarded.

This isn't something bad either; it's a matter of perspective. This type of system is prevalent in many similar games and is even something people have expressed a desire for in Warframe. You may not like it, others do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, trst said:

The point is that should you get a duplicate that's worse it's still giving you resources while getting a better roll is essentially free (minus crafting time) as you can get the resources back from an older one.

And again this is entirely because people are only playing for rewards. Now those very people can continue to play because they can get better rewards even after already having been rewarded.

This isn't something bad either; it's a matter of perspective. This type of system is prevalent in many similar games and is even something people have expressed a desire for in Warframe. You may not like it, others do.

25 dirac is barely nothing when you need tens thousands of it later on to level up your late-stage railjack. For example, I've calculated I need 36600 of this in total to rank 3 all of my remaining unranked grid slots (and I haven't even factored in avionics). And scraps do NOT drop as frequent as mods either for that matter, neither do they have any discard value differences from what I've seen so far: they all only give 25 dirac. The scrap cost is NOT the worth the frequency of getting them.

"...because they can get better rewards..."

Really? That "better reward" isn't guaranteed. This is like willingly offering yourself to be gut-punched by the resident school bully over and over hoping he hits you in a less painful spot.

Apologies for not liking having to spin the roulette wheel over and over and seeing if I enjoy getting screwed over by a poor RNG roll, or is it that DE is now appealing more to that little gambler's twitch in the minds of the "others"?

Seriously, who thinks like that? "Oh yay, I got a horribly-low roll! This means I can keep playing the game mode over and over until I get a better one!".

Edited by RS219
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...