Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uncomfortable questions and realizations

Countess_Hapmuhr

I've had some time now to cool down from my initial disappointment in this game mode. And with that I'm left with a super uncomfortable nagging feeling that I've been unable to voice until now that my brain has started working again. (rage truly is the mind killer) Let me walk you through the pieces here that I've gathered.

Squad link was obviously faked in the live demo. That was WELL over a year ago. It's still not working. Why isn't it working yet?

Archwings, their abilities and weapons, the mode itself, the upgrades, everything seems wildly unbalanced. I can get that stuff is raw around the edges, but this just seems incredibly bare-bones to the point where it's obvious no time was spent balancing this, suggesting this game mode wasn't played extensively by the devs. In the last gameplay demo it was obvious too that the devs had no idea what they were doing, suggesting again that this is super new content. That doesn't strike me as a system that's very old in production, and assuming this is something DE has had working for more than a year, that doesn't really fit does it?

Nothing about this that we've seen seems to represent anything even close to what we've seen shown in demos. So my question is, what has DE spent a majority on a year on doing here? I mean, some people argue it's been two years since it's inception, which is sort of a half truth since last year, the game had a helluva lot more content than it's had this year. So let's argue for arguments sake that Warframe has spent at least a full years worth of dev time on this thing. Why isn't any of this shown with this update?

The Kuva Lich system isn't even close to what we were shown, why was most of it scrapped? Now that the railjack platform is out, why aren't the liches integrated into it? Why is seemingly most of the content there gone? Considering the last demo made a HUGE deal about the Lich being a persistent enemy deeply integrated into the railjack experience, it feels like what we got was a super bare bones thing. Why were things cut at the last minute? Where is the old war? Where is the Duvirii paradox? Where is the PoI system that we were shown a few weeks back?

Shortly put, where is everything?

When considering all the points that I have, it boils down to two possible reasons why the new content is in the state it is:

1) The majority of content was cut in this release because it's mostly finished, but needs polish to work. Somewhere on DE's servers, we have the whole war almost ready to go, we have tons of dialogue and quests going on, we have tons of new assets,we have a large expansive space world to explore.. We have the Duvirii paradox which has become a major quest chain that deeply involves the roots of the lore in the game. We have the ruins, the lich system, it just needs more work to be perfect and DE chose to cut it all down rather than release something too buggy.

2) Ooor... was this all an elaborate set of heavily scripted demos that don't even show systems that are in the game yet? Is perhaps none of the content ready because DE spent too much time trying to make this work rather than give it up? Maybe.. and this part genuinely scares me down to my roots to even think about, maybe there's no war around the corner, maybe the Duvirii paradox hasn't been fleshed out since that intro mechanic. Maybe there isn't even an explanation to why any of this works. Maybe squad link wasn't included because they just can't get it to work and they have no way of fixing it.

Maybe the lich system was cut because they needed to focus on salvaging what they could of the railjack experience instead.

Because if you contemplate this option being the right answer, it explains why it's so unbalanced, it explains why the kuva liches aren't in the game in the state we were promised. There's no way to balance something that doesn't even exist yet, and why we've gotten these sudden nerfs to Itzal and all of the archwing weapons.

So what it boils down to this this for me, more waiting. I'm really tired of waiting for this. It's been way too long.

If no 1 is the right answer, we should see the new war with the full railjack experience and Duvirii paradox rolling out in February next year.

If no 2 is the right answer, we'll see just more of the same we've seen this year, utterly grindy systems that have no actual content in them and possibly a release late next year.

And to be frank, considering the game is getting really stale after six years, I don't see myself sticking around for that long.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr

Duvirii will come somewhere waaay after new war, it was never more than an announcement trailer. New war will probably release around Feb, hopefully. Other than that I do agree that the railjack release is a complete and utter mess, not only with all the bugs, but with the horrid imbalances in the game as well. 

28 minutes ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

Now that the railjack platform is out, why aren't the liches integrated into it?

haha, did you read the Forums?
Imagine all the bugged messiness and the being one shot and the railjack dying like a papership in a hall of flames...the melee nerf/bug that appears in railjacks etc..
and now add your LICH to it...

"Operator, have you lost your Mind?" ~ Ordis

12 minutes ago, Desolator_X said:

Duvirii will come somewhere waaay after new war, it was never more than an announcement trailer. New war will probably release around Feb, hopefully. Other than that I do agree that the railjack release is a complete and utter mess, not only with all the bugs, but with the horrid imbalances in the game as well. 

I want to believe you, I really do. But considering what's been released, I'm having a major faith crisis here. The data doesn't add up.