Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Defensive Archwing-abilties do not work in Railjack (sometimes)

DarkRuler2500

I have swapped through all four of the playable Archwings in Railjack.
For each of those Archwings there exists a defensive ability to draw enemy fire or to grant some defensive buffs. All of those seem to cease function when battling the new enemies in Railjack.

• Odonata:
    • Shield is bypassed by non-explosive projectiles and can damage. I am fine with explosions damaging me, but the small gunfire should not!
    • Disarray does not divert incoming homing projectiles. The Crewships are mostly using those but they go right through it and one or twoshot me cuz the ability did not work.
  • Itzal
    • Invisibility is totally ignored by some enemies. I am flying invisible in space and shoot single fighters and "boom" they all shoot at me without my invisbility being broken once.
  • Elytron
    • Core Vent does not destroy projectiles that are going through it.
  • Amesha
    • Benevolent Decoy does not draw in enemy projectiles.
    • Vengeful Rush's invulnerability is ignored by enemies. I am hovering with "grey" health bar and still dead when trying to intercept Crewships.

Yep.  I haven't been able to successfully drop enemy lockons with any of the archwings I have (I'm building Amesha right now, kicking myself for not having set it up earlier).  Nothing works.  Blink used to work when it was Itzal-only, but now doesn't.  Disarray, Penumbra, and Core Vent don't work to drop projectile lockon anymore either.

It'd be nice to have counterplay for these things, since crewships can often one-shot with their homing attacks.  The archwing cannon and Tactical 4 teleport home are nice, and all, but they're bandaids for this issue.

Edited by Andvarja

On 2019-12-14 at 11:11 AM, DarkRuler2500 said:

I have swapped through all four of the playable Archwings in Railjack.
For each of those Archwings there exists a defensive ability to draw enemy fire or to grant some defensive buffs. All of those seem to cease function when battling the new enemies in Railjack.

• Odonata:
    • Shield is bypassed by non-explosive projectiles and can damage. I am fine with explosions damaging me, but the small gunfire should not!
    • Disarray does not divert incoming homing projectiles. The Crewships are mostly using those but they go right through it and one or twoshot me cuz the ability did not work.
  • Itzal
    • Invisibility is totally ignored by some enemies. I am flying invisible in space and shoot single fighters and "boom" they all shoot at me without my invisbility being broken once.
  • Elytron
    • Core Vent does not destroy projectiles that are going through it.
  • Amesha
    • Benevolent Decoy does not draw in enemy projectiles.
    • Vengeful Rush's invulnerability is ignored by enemies. I am hovering with "grey" health bar and still dead when trying to intercept Crewships.

I can confirm all of this is true. (appart from Odanata, which isn't worth the time) 
As for Vengeful Rush. It is only supposed to turn you invincible when your energy is full. If you have 3 activated you will never be invincible with 4 active. I never rely on it because I always have 3 up.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Jitsuryoku:

It is only supposed to turn you invincible when your energy is full.

I thought it is exactly the opposite... invincibility turns off when your energy hits the maximum.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amesha#Abilities

See this passage here...

Zitat

The ability makes Amesha invulnerable as long as its energy pool isn't full.
When the Amesha's energy pool is full, the damage conversion stops, making the Amesha vulnerable again.

On 2019-12-17 at 10:33 PM, DarkRuler2500 said:

I thought it is exactly the opposite... invincibility turns off when your energy hits the maximum.

My bad. You're right!

In that case skill 4 doesn't provide good defense. Even small enemies on earth fill up my energy within second when multiple hits land at once. Veil crewship could probably finish the job in 2-3 projectiles.