Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got Scammed

(XBOX)TheRealKal3D

Question

Hi i'm just a random Tenno and i got scammed on Xbox
I had just learned about Coupon trading i was kinda confused and thought it was a joke. but i wanted to try it to get a Frost Deluxe skin 

So this Player told me i can give him 42 Plat and he would give me the skin. its been almost 20min now and he went Offline right after. so yea rip i got scammed 
is there anything that can be done. is this something a Dev can help me with i just want to know what can be done about this 

if anything becareful

Edited by (XB1)KaledsShadow

13 answers to this question

For starters, I'd edit that name out as naming and shaming is against forum rules. No matter the circumstances.

Then I'd remind that DE does not enforce any trades based on promises, and that this is plastered in several in-game places precisely to warn the player against that. There is nothing that can be done regarding your items, but if you have proof and can submit it to DE on their Zendesk you might just cause the ban of yet another of these dirty cockroaches that stain our community.

Sadly you are not the first. Won't be the last either. Learn not to trust anyone on the internet. Such deals can be made, yes, and I've done some of that kind myself. But only with real life friends. In any case I wish you best luck in the future.

6 минут назад, (XB1)KaledsShadow сказал:

Hi i'm just a random Tenno and i got scammed on Xbox by a player named SouthernHen9627 
I had just learned about Coupon trading i was kinda confused and thought it was a joke. but i wanted to try it to get a Frost Deluxe skin 

So this Player SouthernHen9627 told me i can give him 42 Plat and he would give me the skin. its been almost 20min now and he went Offline right after. so yea rip i got scammed 
is there anything that can be done. is this something a Dev can help me with i just want to know what can be done about this 

if anything becareful if you're ever trading with SouthernHen9627 and 

Only support can help you. Send request with your problem and chat screenshots.

On 2019-12-14 at 10:26 AM, fakkura said:

so, you expected to get something worth ~200 plat for 42p how does that make any sense to you?

I see you are a PC player. The coupons we get on the PC are for money off plat. On console, the coupons are different. They give a reduction on the amounbt of plat spent. So on PC you will get 75% off your next purchase of platinum, whereas on console you will get 75% off your next purchase WITH platinum. Something valued at 200pp can be bought for 50pp. The exception to this is tennogen and bundles. On XBOX I often use my reduction bonus on skins. 

On 2019-12-14 at 5:17 AM, (XB1)KaledsShadow said:

So this Player told me i can give him 42 Plat and he would give me the skin. its been almost 20min now and he went Offline right after. so yea rip i got scammed 

if anything becareful

Coupon trading is against the EULA and ToS.  Do not do it.  Not only do you run the risk of being scammed, but you run the risk of being banned.

On 2019-12-14 at 6:06 AM, DeMonkey said:

They can't, we're explicitly told that DE won't enforce trades for promises.

That is incorrect.  DE can act against bad actors in chat, even though they've said they don't enforce trades for promises.  Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

49 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

That is incorrect.  DE can act against bad actors in chat, even though they've said they don't enforce trades for promises.  Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

I didn't say they wouldn't punish the scammer, just that they won't actually help OP. 

Punishing the scammer with a warning or a ban doesn't solve the problem of being scammed out of plat previously.

En 14/12/2019 a las 7:17, (XB1)KaledsShadow dijo:

if anything becareful

You need to be carefull .... "buying"/trading coupons its against the ToS , and its a reason for ban .

hace 1 hora, (XB1)R3d P01nt dijo:

Coupon trading is against the EULA and ToS.  Do not do it.  Not only do you run the risk of being scammed, but you run the risk of being banned.

He did not make any action against the game rules so NM cant do anything to him . He ask for plat and the other player gave it to him ...

Edited by Yagamilight123

"Non-Warframe Item Trading: Trading in-game items for non-game items (including cash) is a violation of the Terms of Use/EULA, and can lead to your account being banned. If the items can't be traded within the Trade UI, it is not a supported trade."

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200092259-Trading-FAQ-Safe-Trading-Tips