Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happend to the Corvas (Arch-gun)?

Damjel

Isn't the corvas a shoutgun? what happend to it? It feels like an arca plasmor, I'm having a very hard time using it on railjack missions. i can't seem kill any fighters unless i try to collide and shoot them face to face. The distance and speed of the projectile is very horrible. It seems like the archwing /w max Hyperion Thrusters and is faster than the projectile it self. Is this an intended change? the atmosphere mode shoots the same(pellets/shotgun), I haven't been doing archwing missions for a long time, hence i'm not sure if they changed the corvas on archwing mode since.

"ARCH-GUN CHANGES:

We have re-balanced Arch-guns in Archwing mode only, held Arch-guns in atmospheric (ground) combat is unaffected. Submersible Archwing now uses your weapons like open world Archwing does. 

Arch-Guns in Archwing mode:

• All hitscan Archwing weapons converted to projectile when in space
  • Increased fall off range from 200-400 to 300-600
  • Increased min fall off damage from 10% to 50%
  • Increased projectile speed of the Kuva Ayanga while in space."

Achmelees are also useless because everything in Railjack mode just moves so fast, Archwings got power-creeped. Even the Railjack itself can slightly outrun Archwings. The one time I actually did manage to catch up to an enemy fighter, we were both moving so fast that my archmelee's hitboxes didn't even register

But yes, Archguns are all projectile weapons now. Gotta lead your shots

On 2019-12-15 at 1:49 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Achmelees are also useless because everything in Railjack mode just moves so fast, Archwings got power-creeped. Even the Railjack itself can slightly outrun Archwings. The one time I actually did manage to catch up to an enemy fighter, we were both moving so fast that my archmelee's hitboxes didn't even register

It feels sad, they are discouraging engaging dog fights in archwing and forcing us to use the railjack turrets instead. I hope they would fix/redesign this in the future.(The changes for the arch-gun projectile is ok, but now lacks in power even with riven. i have a max potato & forma archwing sometimes i get one shot out of nowhere, no warning or anything, in higher levels ofc.) 

• Like 1

Well in Railjack Archwings are useless because they are just small crafts to get you through tight spaces. You can imagine that Tenno would use them as space infiltration tools, where main ship could not fit, while they took out Railjack when they needed the big guns to do the job.

But overall Corvas was never a shotgun, it was more like a single shot precise hitscan explosive gun similar to Veritux. Now it's a space Arca Plasmor with S#&$ty range. I do hope that it works well on ground, because I have sick riven to it and it used to be my favorite weapon when something really needed to die 10 times at once.

Edited by Furebel

On 2019-12-14 at 9:49 AM, TARINunit9 said:

Veritux hits them easily, but they can be killed quickly with guns, and slowed too with cold procs or Amesha.

Edited by Yamazuki

3 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Why is there range nerf in space? There is no air to impede velocity.

There's also nothing to transmit sound. Such void devilry!

I agree that the archwing weapon situation needs to be looked at closer. If they have problems with one weapon dominating a selection (my poor Catchmoon), then they should have a problem with completely killing weapons usage as well (My poor Larkspur).

• Like 2

Arcmelee in railjack is in a very sorry state actually, however theres still some utility to it:

Use cold damage on your arcgun, when you freeze an enemy, get into melee and slap him to death (with cold damage too).

Also theres some variants:

Centaur can block.

Veritux will automatically close gap short distances.

Havent tried anything else.

Arcmelee was totally viable at the beggining of arcwing, seems to have been forgotten now.

3 hours ago, (PS4)dursereg said:

Why is there range nerf in space? There is no air to impede velocity.

It'd a bad precedent that has been in place for 60 years due to sci-fi television shows. In truth there are overlapping gravity fields in space that require thrusters to overcome, but given the vastness of space most of these fields are minor in most circumstances. As such having a constant thruster would only be required until a specific velocity is achieved. After that minor control thrusters are all that would be required unless making dramatic changes to your current trajectory. Don't get me started on how firing weapons in zero gravity would also affect trajectory.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1