Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Auxiliary / Utility slots

NEon0218

Melee auxiliary / utility slots would be like the Exilus solts on primary / secondary weapons and frames where the mods like reach, berserk , fury and mods like focused defense that effect the physical ability of the weapon, freeing up some much needed space we all need.

Attack speed mods are obviously the wrong way to go about it, they're a huge DPS increase
As for Reach... it's hard to find a logic that contradicts that, but it just doesn't feel right since this mod is incredibly strong

Sooo... as much as this idea sounds great initially, I'm not sure what it leaves to be desired from this slot..... Status duration? 

• Like 1

"Attack speed mods are obviously the wrong way to go about it"

why would that be the wrong way to go about it?

I use them all anyway on my build so it wouldn't effect the dps much

and DE already lets you use mods like vile precision on rifles and that is an exilus mod that increase dps so why can't we add attack speed mods for melee aswell 

Edited by NEon0218

11 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Status duration? 

DE won't let us use status duration mods because adding that to something like gas will do the exact thing you have an issue with adding attack speed to auxiliary slot 

longer duration on gas means more dps and they stack 

15 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

"Attack speed mods are obviously the wrong way to go about it"

why would that be the wrong way to go about it?

I use them all anyway on my build so it wouldn't effect the dps much

and DE already lets you use mods like vile precision on rifles and that is an exilus mod that increase dps so why can't we add attack speed mods for melee aswell 

Vile precision decreases recoil, which increases accuracy and therefore MIGHT HELP increase DPS. It doesn't increase DPS directly, it makes the weapon easier to use- Which is the definition of utility.

Attack speed is like Fire Rate on guns, not only does it directly increases your DPS, it's literally 2/3 of the term damage PER SECOND.

There's nothing that even comes close to utility, it's straight up dmg. Imagine if we could just add Primed Fury into our current builds (Which already have Berserker in 99% of the cases), that'd be insane. 

2 minutes ago, NEon0218 said:

DE won't let us use status duration mods because adding that to something like gas will do the exact thing you have an issue with adding attack speed to auxiliary slot 

longer duration on gas means more dps and they stack 

Yes thats true, but honestly kill time in this game is so low that it wouldn't affect DPS much, it'll actually be more beneficial with Cold or Electricity procs, which are CCs, or maybe keep the Armor strip for heat for longer.

BUT, it would be nice to have a slot for Combo duration, combo efficiency and such. That might hold up, but might be very problematic if you consider build diversity...

I don't know honestly, I don't have a very strong opinion on this topic because such a thing has a large effect on the game and it should be considered all the way through 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Vile precision decreases recoil, which increases accuracy and therefore MIGHT HELP increase DPS. It doesn't increase DPS directly, it makes the weapon easier to use- Which is the definition of utility.

my bad got confused with vile acceleration