Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beating Iota Temple Solo (Video)

Gabbynaru

So, here's the apparently un-soloable Railjack being beaten (at least Earth Proxima's hardest mission) solo. I think I may have gotten lucky, since this was straight up an exterminate mission (while the two before them were also having the added objective of destroying the Shipkiller base and a Missile array), but even so, those mission types were no problem either. The only problem, as you will see in the video, is that I forgot  to change my Itzal, and it is apparently made out of sugar glass, so, good luck me surviving with that.

Even so, Railjack is such a fun time to play. I think I'll spend a long time with it.

Hope you enjoy the video, and hope you learn something from it as well, if you're having troubles in your own railjack adventures.

Thank you for your time!

3 minutes ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Question: Why would someone try to solo a coop-experience?

Cause I'm better on my own. And as long as the game doesn't straight up disallow it (like it did with Raids), I'll always do it solo, cause I then can do everything at my pace and the way I want and find enjoyable, rather than compromising for other people.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skaleek said:

I just solo'd it with my AW. Been doing the same on saturn. I don't think its a big deal to be able to solo these missions.

I dunno, if you look at these forums, you'd think Scott's words of it being nigh unbeatable solo might actually be true.

31 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

I dunno, if you look at these forums, you'd think Scott's words of it being nigh unbeatable solo might actually be true.

Let's be fair, it's nigh unbeatable solo with just Railjack.

Really is a problem when you have to... not use the ship as intended, and just go Archwing for everything.

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Let's be fair, it's nigh unbeatable solo with just Railjack.

Really is a problem when you have to... not use the ship as intended, and just go Archwing for everything.

Not really, I did everything bar the boarding with the Railjack in the video, and that's also how I play.

12 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Not really, I did everything bar the boarding with the Railjack in the video, and that's also how I play.

I doubt you started off being able to solo with just Railjack.

And yeah, you got the Carcinnox. That's Apoc++. Really, much better to just go Archwing for the whole thing and hide your ship, since from your video, you're just suffering catastrophic failure after failure from... basically putting your ship out into the open.

Edited by Renegade343

8 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

I doubt you started off being able to solo with just Railjack.

And yeah, you got the Carcinnox. That's Apoc++. Really, much better to just go Archwing for the whole thing and hide your ship, since from your video, you're just suffering catastrophic failure after failure from... basically putting your ship out into the open.

I did all but one mission solo (the Iota Temple being the mission, and I did it to help my clanmates).

Railjack's relatively easy, and way more fun than Archwing. To each their own, I suppose, but I find even the catastrophic failures to be a nice element and something that makes using the railjack more fun, rather than a hindrance.

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

I did all but one mission solo (the Iota Temple being the mission, and I did it to help my clanmates).

I meant the ship, not the mission. Not really that possible right off the bat.

Really, if you're going full solo, fastest way to start is to constantly abort mission after gaining some affinity in the first mission for Intrinsic Points, and rush to Gunner 3. Then build up your Railjack with Archwing.

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Railjack's relatively easy, and way more fun than Archwing. To each their own, I suppose, but I find even the catastrophic failures to be a nice element and something that makes using the railjack more fun, rather than a hindrance.

It'll be better if catastrophic failure is something you can't just, say, ignore for more than half its timer. It's just an annoyance at that point. Really, Archwing's more difficult, given reduced damage against fighters compared to the Railjack turrets and lack of leading target reticle, if you want difficultly.

On 2019-12-15 at 12:31 AM, Renegade343 said:

I meant the ship, not the mission. Not really that possible right off the bat.

Really, if you're going full solo, fastest way to start is to constantly abort mission after gaining some affinity in the first mission for Intrinsic Points, and rush to Gunner 3. Then build up your Railjack with Archwing.

It'll be better if catastrophic failure is something you can't just, say, ignore for more than half its timer. It's just an annoyance at that point. Really, Archwing's more difficult, given reduced damage against fighters compared to the Railjack turrets and lack of leading target reticle, if you want difficultly.

I joined some random squad and finish all earth and saturn later on I get mkll armaments bp stuff, avionic things and so for to make my railjack better in combat. Before, I can solo it myself