Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee 10.2.0

zFrostBite

I was afk for  2 weeks untill the update 10 came out and I started to play with Banshee again. I like evrything from her, but I think that her 4 (Sound Quake) is too low, I mean the attack damage is too low. I cant even kill Lv. 40 enemies with a maxed out Banshee. Maybe im right with this or I just do something wrong, please tell me what´s right. :)

zFrostBite

Edited by zFrostBite

Dont be so narrow in your views kinder.  Think of quake, not as another hurrdurr 4 nuke, but as area denial.  Like the old bastille, trading your mobility for a bit of damage.  Need to ress a bro/broette? Bad guys swarming all over him/her?  Cover your teamate when they start to ress, then press 4, and keep the nasties at bay. 

Banshee is not another derp nuker, she is a support character like Trinity, but an offensive one, not defensive.  Play her accordingly.  

(Yeah I know this game is all about the numbers now, and most people couldnt give a damn about proper teamwork, but helping a friend in need is worrth it, warm fuzzies all over.)

Dont be so narrow in your views kinder.  Think of quake, not as another hurrdurr 4 nuke, but as area denial.  Like the old bastille, trading your mobility for a bit of damage.  Need to ress a bro/broette? Bad guys swarming all over him/her?  Cover your teamate when they start to ress, then press 4, and keep the nasties at bay. 

Banshee is not another derp nuker, she is a support character like Trinity, but an offensive one, not defensive.  Play her accordingly.  

(Yeah I know this game is all about the numbers now, and most people couldnt give a damn about proper teamwork, but helping a friend in need is worrth it, warm fuzzies all over.)

QFT. Banshee doesn't kill. Banshee sets up the kill.

I know that Banshee is more a supporter that a guy who kills everyone like Nova or Saryn. But I think that her ult can be a bit stronger cause she don´t really has abillities which make damage. Her Sonar and the Silence are for the team and her Sonic Boom can make damage but it isn´t so strong. In my opinion her SQ can be a bit stronger.(Not so much just a bit, because I cant damage lv 60 guys 1/10 of their HP isnt so much to say "She gives kills and doesn´t make them".) 

Edited by zFrostBite

Yeah, it does next to nothing after about 1/3 of the way through the game damage wise. It is however, an amazing crowd control ability, providing the full duration of SQ as a stun to enemies in range. Banshee is really more of a support that a nuke anyhow, don't worry about it, Sonar's damage is still amazing.

Sound Quake is not intended to do huge amounts of damage - it is for crowd control, helping your team mates to pick off priority targets or revive a downed ally. Consequently, Sound Quake is worthless when playing alone...but that really isn't a problem. Banshee's in a good place at present, wth two remarkable powers (Sonic Boom and Sonar), one decent one (Sound Quake) and only one useless one (Silence). Let's not invite the same wrath that befell Ember and Trinity by requesting changes on a frame that does not particularly need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad Rhino stomp does everything that Sound Quake does 10x better.

It's a bad skill through and through, but as much as I love banshee, I can't pretend it isn't. In fact, that's WHY I need to point out that she sucks, so that DE can get their asses in gear and do something to this long-forgotten frame.

SQ is reduced by armor and, as such, will never be useful beyond the level that you noted. That is, until Armor 2.0 is release and MOST mobs will no longer have armor. It will still suck on those that do, however.

why would it be so hard for the devs to make all ultimates bypass armor?

we can do both no? fix armor and make all ults bypass it

My point was, I dont think changing the damage type of Ults will be needed once Damage/Armor 2.0 comes out.

As an engineer, we want to change a single variable at a time to examine its impacts. It makes sense to wait for 2.0, evaluate the ults and how they perform and THEN make damage type changes to certain ults if its needed.

also point of fact: ALL frames deserve 4 useful abilities. PERIOD

oh silence. Banshee was the first frame I crafted, and somehow still the one I've technically played with the most (I abandoned mag once I got banshee, then I started getting all the other frames for mastery a little later, but despite my love for saryn, and the utility of frost prime and vauban, banshee still has the most time played). and I've never, not even once, equipped silence. and now with suppress and hush and the like, silence isn't even necessary if you were to go stealth mode

STILL waiting for Silence to become a viable stealth skill... Sound Quake WAS good... before dumb asses started complaining that a AI Ult on Banshee and having her nuke was apparently to OP... so thanks to those guys Banshee took a huge nerf to one of her only CC Skills... Sonic Boom and Sonar are Banshees only redeeming skills with Silence and Sound Quake being two of the most broken skills ingame currently imo, and don't even use the "Stagger on Sound Quake is good utility for team bit" cause it's not.

STILL waiting for Silence to become a viable stealth skill... Sound Quake WAS good... before dumb asses started complaining that a AI Ult on Banshee and having her nuke was apparently to OP... so thanks to those guys Banshee took a huge nerf to one of her only CC Skills... Sonic Boom and Sonar are Banshees only redeeming skills with Silence and Sound Quake being two of the most broken skills ingame currently imo, and don't even use the "Stagger on Sound Quake is good utility for team bit" cause it's not.

Well, it was a tiny bit OP, you have to agree on that. However, it was WAY over-nerfed, removing invulnerability in favor of CC-ing would have sufficed... As of now, Banshee is only viable if you have really good teammates, since Soundquakes' CC ends BEFORE you can recast it or start shooting.