Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why all the negativity?


Rivyn
 Share

Recommended Posts

Empyrean hasn't even been out two full days, yet the forums have been consumed by 'doom and gloom' threads. We've had, what, two hotfixes for some bugs? Hasn't even been given a proper chance to settle, and already people are screaming that the sky is falling. Why? Most of it isn't even constructive criticism, just 'I don't like this, thus Warframe must be dying.' Maybe I'm just biased, since I really enjoy the release, but I like to think I can see things somewhat objectively. Can't we at least give it a week before claiming the game is doomed?

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drama and polarizing threads attract attention, and what these people mainly want is attention towards their tantrums (kinda like spoiled kids in toy stores who start to cry when something goes even slightly against their wish).

Well spoken feedback threads in appropriate section do not achieve this goal.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a lot of people are just let down because they built Empyrean up to be this grand change in the way Warframe handles content and at the end of the day it's really much of the same.

@Mr.Fluffins I think that's a bit of a disingenuous way to frame it. People voice their opinions because that's how they feel. There may be some attention seeking trolls in the crowd, but I think a lot of them have a vision for how they want Warframe to be, and want to see the game live up to it's potential.

I haven't gotten a chance to play Empyrean so I can't speak to any of that content, but I can say for sure that Liches disappointed me because they're the antithesis of everything DE presented them as in the original announcement.

I'm still looking forward to Empyrean, but I have to say the randomized loot, insane resource costs, consumable resources that are also needed to craft upgrades and numerous other design decisions have me worried.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

Empyrean hasn't even been out two full days, yet the forums have been consumed by 'doom and gloom' threads. We've had, what, two hotfixes for some bugs? Hasn't even been given a proper chance to settle, and already people are screaming that the sky is falling. Why? Most of it isn't even constructive criticism, just 'I don't like this, thus Warframe must be dying.' Maybe I'm just biased, since I really enjoy the release, but I like to think I can see things somewhat objectively. Can't we at least give it a week before claiming the game is doomed?

Did you not get the memo? The forums are ran by trolls, for the ones that just post a picture and no words just report them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eh. People have opinions. There are legitimate complaints about bugs and balance. That's normal. There are also people who seem to be pissy because DE are trying to do something new and different instead of coming up with better ways of doing Mot, Hydron or Taveuni runs. Rather less legitimate, but that's normal too.

And actually, from my experience, this isn't bad at all, comparatively. I've seen worse complaint storms, even though I've only been around for two years. Launches of Nightwave and Kuva Liches come to mind. I heard there were even worse ones before my time, so yeah, this is not bad at all.

Anyway, just getting my thoughts out there. Don't think this thread will last long; forums tend to frown on "complaining about complaining" threads.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything isn't perfect, sure some complaints are petty but not everyone is going to agree than Empyrean got off to a good start,

I mean there are bugs galore as well as no instructions and DE even was aware at launch that there were going to be problems, there are no less than 3 sub-threads in feedback from day one. DE knew it was going to be a rough landing, and to many people it is.

Not all unhappiness is negativity either, some of it is general feedback, and people do have a right to voice their disappointment even when not giving feedback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aldain said:

Everything isn't perfect, sure some complaints are petty but not everyone is going to agree than Empyrean got off to a good start,

I mean there are bugs galore as well as no instructions and DE even was aware at launch that there were going to be problems, there are no less than 3 sub-threads in feedback from day one. DE knew it was going to be a rough landing, and to many people it is.

Not all unhappiness is negativity either, some of it is general feedback, and people do have a right to voice their disappointment even when not giving feedback.

Could you tell me a single content patch that didn't come with teething problems, patches and lack of instructions? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Could you tell me a single content patch that didn't come with teething problems, patches and lack of instructions? 

None of them.

Which is why people being disgruntled and "negative" shouldn't be a surprise, it happens every time any update happens.

Nor should the disappointment or negativity be dismissed outright. If people never said anything bugs would run rampant and things would never get changed at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

None of them.

Which is why people being disgruntled and "negative" shouldn't be a surprise, it happens every time any update happens.

Nor should the disappointment or negativity be dismissed outright. If people never said anything bugs would run rampant and things would never get changed at all.

So if I kept repeatedly walking into a low hanging door frame, don't you think I would have learnt to duck at some point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

So if I kept repeatedly walking into a low hanging door frame, don't you think I would have learnt to duck at some point?

You might learn to duck, but that doesn't mean that a low hanging door frame is a good thing.

You don't just leave things broken because there are ways to work around it. "Hey look the roof is leaking, just put a pot under it and it'll be fine" doesn't solve the issue, it ignores it in the laziest way possible.

And before you know it that leak turns into a destroyed roof.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Megalomaniakaal said:

So far that I've seen for railjacks, they aren't all that insane, given that you stick around the mission to actually loot the sector...

I mean, the costs for repairs being double what it costs to just build the default part, and needing to do that multiple times in rapid succession to see if the parts are worthwhile seems to be a bit much to me, but again haven't experienced it so we'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

You might learn to duck, but that doesn't mean that a low hanging door frame is a good thing.

You don't just leave things broken because there are ways to work around it. "Hey look the roof is leaking, just put a pot under it and it'll be fine" doesn't solve the issue, it ignores it in the laziest way possible.

And before you know it that leak turns into a destroyed roof.

Then why hasn't DE learnt from ANY of their previous mistakes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2019 was the year of half baked content which won't get addressed or fixed for months, no lore, no core gameplay features, no quests and Empyrean is just more of all these things combined. End of the year is not a good time to release such a buggy, messy, grindy, imbalanced and unpolished "content". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Joe_Barbarian said:

Then why hasn't DE learnt from ANY of their previous mistakes. 

That none of us have the answer to.

Because DE has learned VERY little over the past 3 years.

Just because DE hasn't learned from their mistakes doesn't mean they haven't made any, it just means that they are oblivious.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You wouldn't flame your friends if they give you a cake for your birthday that you don't like, so you shouldn't flame a company for delivering a not perfect update for a game that you play for free. You don't like It? Leave it.

THIS IS HOW FREE TO PLAY WORKS.

The only fault DE has don Is raising the bar too high with older updates.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Rivyn said:

Empyrean hasn't even been out two full days, yet the forums have been consumed by 'doom and gloom' threads. We've had, what, two hotfixes for some bugs? Hasn't even been given a proper chance to settle, and already people are screaming that the sky is falling. Why? Most of it isn't even constructive criticism, just 'I don't like this, thus Warframe must be dying.' Maybe I'm just biased, since I really enjoy the release, but I like to think I can see things somewhat objectively. Can't we at least give it a week before claiming the game is doomed?

History always repeats itself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...