Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why all the negativity?

Rivyn

2 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Oh boy...You don't think Empyrean has RNG on weapons?

How did you get that from what I said? At no point do I deny that Empyrean doesn't have random loot rolls. I'm saying that nobody was complaining about Liches random loot rolls, instead talking about all the other RNG stuff.

3 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

And you don't think RNG on stats is a bad thing? Geez

This does absolutely nothing to my points, and is a dismissal for no reason.

4 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

No. DE is not learning. Not one bit. Rushed content with a lot of grind, lots of bugs, tons of new resources to make people grind more, completely forgetting about old resources except when they put these worthless things as rewards for completing the new missions (2000 Ferrite at the end of a Railjack skirmish, what I disgraceful joke). Not only that, but every single one of the previous contents were hyped infinitely, then completely forgotten. Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitration and so on. Hell, where is the third Orb Mother fight? I fear Empyrean will suffer the same fate. 

No. They are not learning. And the devstream when people asked about Old Blood proves it. They have no plans to do anything.

Grind is a necessary part of the game. It's a perpetual experience that is intended to be played for a long time. Whilst in an ideal world, people would just play for the joy of it, that's simply not how people work - most people will move on, or only return sporadically, once they have experienced everything there is to see. Thus is the nature of psychology. Extrinsic rewards are intended to draw people towards those activities with intrinsic rewards.

RNG loot makes it more likely that there's always some reward to go towards.

As for abandoning old resources? Blame good old hyperinflation. I've played for two years, and I've got over a billion Ferrite. There is nothing DE could even hope to throw at me regarding Ferrite that could bat an eye without simultaneously locking out every new player. In other words, anything DE releases that requires Ferrite I will, now and for as long as I play the game, already have completed that part of the content. Same for most if not all starchart resources. And as far as I can tell, a lot of people are in the same boat. As I have pointed out above, that's not a good thing. Empyrean, however, has resource sinks, at least for some loot types, so hopefully it won't get anywhere near as bad as it was before.

In terms of Emypreans long-term future? That much I can't say for. I'm not psychic.

29 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

Oh boy...You don't think Empyrean has RNG on weapons?

And you don't think RNG on stats is a bad thing? Geez

No. DE is not learning. Not one bit. Rushed content with a lot of grind, lots of bugs, tons of new resources to make people grind more, completely forgetting about old resources except when they put these worthless things as rewards for completing the new missions (2000 Ferrite at the end of a Railjack skirmish, what I disgraceful joke). Not only that, but every single one of the previous contents were hyped infinitely, then completely forgotten. Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna, ESO, Arbitration and so on. Hell, where is the third Orb Mother fight? I fear Empyrean will suffer the same fate. 

No. They are not learning. And the devstream when people asked about Old Blood proves it. They have no plans to do anything.

Who said there's no content in warframe because the grind is only needed to be done once? Who said DE should make sustainable content where if you look closely is a glorified RNG grind where you do it over and over again for random drop with random stats, random perks, random everything? That what you get from sustainable content

2000 ferrite? So what? Does it really matter to you when I believe you have more than enough in your inventory? What is the difference it makes if you get more?

Third orb mother? I heard it's going to be a combination of all things in warframe so it would be involving railjack and squad link and I've made a concept for that

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Who said there's no content in warframe because the grind is only needed to be done once? Who said DE should make sustainable content where if you look closely is a glorified RNG grind where you do it over and over again for random drop with random stats, random perks, random everything? That what you get from sustainable content

2000 ferrite? So what? Does it really matter to you when I believe you have more than enough in your inventory? What is the difference it makes if you get more?

What is the difference? You don't get it, do you? What am I gonna do with a resource that even DE has completely forgotten about? Why not, I don't know, put the new resources in the reward pool for a mission? Why Ferrite instead of Pustrels? That is completely dumb and shows how DE is lost.

4 hours ago, Rivyn said:

I didn't say anything against 'talking' about the update. My issue is that the update wasn't even 24 hours old before the forum was crammed with 'Woe is me, I don't like the update' threads, which just contained the usual 'I don't like this, so the game must be dying.' That isn't constructive, that's whining.

You don't have to read them, DE sure doesn't.

• Like 1

There's "negativity" because you group people into "negative" and "positive" people instead of acknowledging that things can have good and bad aspects at the same time, that people can like and hate things at the same time, and that they want only the parts they hate to be fixed because you don't try to fix what isn't broken

9 hours ago, Rivyn said:

Empyrean hasn't even been out two full days, yet the forums have been consumed by 'doom and gloom' threads. We've had, what, two hotfixes for some bugs? Hasn't even been given a proper chance to settle, and already people are screaming that the sky is falling. Why? Most of it isn't even constructive criticism, just 'I don't like this, thus Warframe must be dying.' Maybe I'm just biased, since I really enjoy the release, but I like to think I can see things somewhat objectively. Can't we at least give it a week before claiming the game is doomed?

A lot of people on the forums are spoiled children who never had a taste of reality and don't understand the importance of patience, respect, and dignity.  Spoiled rich kids (95% of average Americans) are rarely ever happy in life.

2 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I don't know what you are talking about, 99% of the playerbase worships DE, just because you read a few criticisms doesn't mean there is "so much negativity", you are just blowing it out of proportion, I guess this can happen when you are used to all the praise and love for the game from the vast majority of the community, you become too sensitive to the slightest change in tone.

Sadly, the Loud Minority is generally a problem in society.

Also: Negativity causes people to speak up.  Positivity causes people to keep playing.  You won't hear as many compliments on the forums from people who are satisfied because those people spend their time playing, not complaining.

Edited by Mikhael222

not sure yet about how good/bad rail jack is, due to the several and serious bugs, i havent had the chance of actually experience it, i can tell that when everything works fine the railjack thing feels satisfying, but those bugless games are so rare, that i could tell its about a 1:5 relationship for good vs unplayable

4 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

A lot of people on the forums are spoiled children who never had a taste of reality and don't understand the importance of patience, respect, and dignity.  Spoiled rich kids (95% of average Americans) are rarely ever happy in life.

Dude you know like half of all Americans make less than $15 an hour right. The majority of my online friends either work in retail or come from rural areas

1 minute ago, continue said:

Dude you know like half of all Americans make less than $15 an hour right. The majority of my online friends either work in retail or come from rural areas

Go to a third world country some time.  You'll understand why Americans are spoiled rich.  Especially children whose parents bought them whatever they wanted.

1 minute ago, Mikhael222 said:

Go to a third world country some time.  You'll understand why Americans are spoiled rich.  Especially children whose parents bought them whatever they wanted.

You wouldn't say that if you'd actually been to a third world country

You wouldn't say that if you'd actually been to a third world country

I have been to a third world country.  I have been in streets full of people living in shacks with trash everywhere and where the water would give you the runs if you did not purify it.

It's amazing that you assume so much about my experiences or lack thereof.

Finally, I got him to say exactly what he needs to be told himself

I don't assume anything about the experiences of complaining, spoiled, rich kids.

I know it because I lived it until I had a wake-up call.  Also: If you have a computer capable of gaming, that's more evidence on how rich you are.  Many countries in the world don't have personal computers.  If they do, they're often old and slow.

Just now, Mikhael222 said:

I don't assume anything about the experiences of complaining, spoiled, rich kids.

I know it because I lived it until I had a wake-up call.  Also: If you have a computer capable of gaming, that's more evidence on how rich you are.  Many countries in the world don't have personal computers.  If they do, they're often old and slow.

Ah yes, the typical spoiled rich kid who believes that he is the only one who has had the wool pulled from his eyes, ignorant of the gross poverty in his own country, where people might have computers because they need them to apply for jobs, yet have dirt floors and lack clean water

• Like 1

who believes that he is the only one who has had the wool pulled from his eyes

Um no.  When did I say I was the "only one"?  Never.  I do think there are very few though.

2 minutes ago, continue said:

ignorant of the gross poverty in his own country

I'm not ignorant of it.  The US government is so full of morons that I'm genuinely amazed America still exists.  But clearly if you play Warframe......you have access to a gaming computer and internet.  Fostering a sense of gratitude about what you've been given is always healthy.

2 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

Um no.  When did I say I was the "only one"?  Never.  I do think there are very few though.

I'm not ignorant of it.  The US government is so full of morons that I'm genuinely amazed America still exists.  But clearly if you play Warframe......you have access to a gaming computer and internet.  Fostering a sense of gratitude about what you've been given is always healthy.

36 minutes ago, Mikhael222 said:

Spoiled rich kids (95% of average Americans)

Amend this statement and I'll believe it. I've played Warframe on a $100 laptop that is older than the game itself.

edit: Also, being grateful for what you've been given is not mutually exclusive with pointing out flaws. That's the rhetoric the government you think is so moronic loves to use to prevent anything from happening

Edited by continue

il y a 22 minutes, Mikhael222 a dit :

I have been to a third world country.  I have been in streets full of people living in shacks with trash everywhere and where the water would give you the runs if you did not purify it.

It's amazing that you assume so much about my experiences or lack thereof.

You went to Los Angeles ?

2 hours ago, continue said:

There's "negativity" because you group people into "negative" and "positive" people instead of acknowledging that things can have good and bad aspects at the same time, that people can like and hate things at the same time, and that they want only the parts they hate to be fixed because you don't try to fix what isn't broken

I do acknowledge it. There are things I would most certainly like changed. The varying stats on wreckage, now that I have a decent haul to compare. The sheer amount of resources requires between upgrades. The difficulty spike between missions. O, that long, long list of bugs, or course. Heck, even a tutorial would be nice. 

My issue, though, is when people lump it all in as negative. A lot of the threads I've read today do just that. Because this, this, and this are poor, then the whole pie must be rotten. It's how I separate the constructive criticism from the whining. If I came off as using a broad stroke on black and white, I should have been more clear. I get there can be a lot of frustration, especially when the launch is buggy. But to act like somebody stole their pizza they just ordered while starving is a little over the top.

5 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I prefer them to be able to voice their concerns and evaluate their validity, the gaming industry is no place for developers with an ego made out of glass.

Nah, it is better just to shut everyone up by screaming at them until they are happy by force or go away.

...I'm being sarcastic just in case nobody got that.

Edit: Two posts later exactly what I'm talking about happened, I'm psychic, fear me.

Edited by Aldain
  • Like 1