The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack, the space hostage that you have to babysit....

BloodKitten

2 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I'm not sure what to make of it. According to the update notes, those new statuses are caused by the new damage types, but our old guns don't do those damage types. I interpreted that as "only the new guns for the railjack have these damage types and status effects". Yet our normal guns cause these statuses too. But when you look at enemies with your scanner and/or in the codex, they have vulnerabilities and resistances to standard damage types. So who the f*ck knows, the game is a complete mess and doesn't explain anything, so at this point I've given up on theory crafting and I'm just trying different combinations of guns and mods and seeing what works based on empirical experience.

Yeah, it's... just weird overall. My first thought was that Archwing weapons uses the new damage types to deal damage when in Railjack missions, given that the status effects are from the new Railjack damage types, until reading some more about it.

6 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Yeah, it's... just weird overall. My first thought was that Archwing weapons uses the new damage types to deal damage when in Railjack missions, given that the status effects are from the new Railjack damage types, until reading some more about it.

My current understanding is that old damage types cause old statuses, the icons just aren't displayed correctly. When I run corrosive, I observe the same kind of accelerating damage output consistent with armor reduction. When I run a different element, that doesn't happen. According to the railjack status list, plasma damage (puncture) is the one that reduces armor. That's staying the same since I keep using the same gun; if it was from that, my mod combo shouldn't matter.

Edited by SordidDreams

Just now, SordidDreams said:

My current understanding is that old damage types cause old statuses, the icons just aren't displayed correctly. When I run corrosive, I observe the same kind of accelerating damage output consistent with armor reduction. When I run a different element, that's not there. According to the railjack status list, plasma damage (puncture) is the one that reduces armor. That's staying the same, if it was from that, my mod combo shouldn't matter.

Thing is, I tried it myself as well on a couple of fighters (six in total), stopping once I see some sort of damage increase to let all visible status disappear, then resumed damaging them again. Noticed that the damage dealt after those statuses disappear become the same as before I applied all that status for damage increase. So I reasoned Corrosive just isn't applying its status whatsoever, or if it is, it's just temporary.

29 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Thing is, I tried it myself as well on a couple of fighters (six in total), stopping once I see some sort of damage increase to let all visible status disappear, then resumed damaging them again. Noticed that the damage dealt after those statuses disappear become the same as before I applied all that status for damage increase. So I reasoned Corrosive just isn't applying its status whatsoever, or if it is, it's just temporary.

I guess? I don't know, man, I have no explanations. Just blind guesses and the experience that a status corrosive build gives me the shortest TTK. Especially on crewships. It's nothing, nothing, nothing, and then suddenly all its health disappears. Not that that does any good, of course, but it still feels nice to shut those guns up.

Edited by SordidDreams

11 hours ago, Fleuretty said:

If you just grouped up for a few missions

You think I didn't try?

When staying in public, people start to join when I almost completed the mission. those that join don't know how to do jack sh*t, & the connection in general is bad with lots of bugs

Don't blame it all on me

6 hours ago, Toppien said:

too bad, if you endure a little more you get access to the invisibility avionic, the "press 3 to win" avionic, and the one shot cannon of badassery when you rank gunnery at lvl 5, teleporting everywhere with tactical, the kansai dorifto railjack etc etc.

How does the invisibility work? Is it a drain energy?

19 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Personally, I solo'd the first mission 2 times and I'm just done.

Randoms never join until I've killed like 27/30 fighters and 1 crewship, and when they join, they got nothing to do because the stock railjack is so underpowered that flying backwards and sniping people is the only way things work.

All they got to do was repair a single hull breach all mission, because one of the 2 crewships launched a ramsledge or whatever those are called before I could wreck the reactor.

And since none of them bothered to use their AW, I had to go out alone to kill that crewship, meanwhile they were just standing around.

Not only is the scaling broken as hell, the overhyped co-op also dosn't really work without premade squads, meaning that you're basically forced to join or make a clan with multiple people to even have a chance at getting a good crew.

I'm just done with this. Until next year, when we finally get NPC crews, this Railjack is gonna collect a ton of dust. It's just bad game design when I have to use AW instead of the ship because said ship is completely worthless.

Brilliant. Thanks to give us an idea to solo railjack. I like it.

edit: Perhaps I have the wrong quote... but anyway deal with the enemy with archwing or the enemy crewship seems much better now.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

19 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Honestly, with all the changes to arsewing, it's pretty clear DE doesn't want them actually used for combat in Railjack. My modded Amesha gets obliterated just on approach to crewship. Guns are borderline unusable against interceptors. Once I'm done leveling gunnery to get arsewing catapult, I'm never manually flying on them again in those missions.

Uh? With the Amesha press 4, then 1.

You literally can't die.

Anyway, got on discord with 3 strangers yesterday. We cooperated, had a great experience, made it to veil, and now we're all building mk3 parts.

All you need in an Amesha and the willingness to communicate with others.

Edited by Anarbitrio

7 минут назад, Anarbitrio сказал:

Uh? With the Amesha press 4, then 1.

You literally can't die.

Anyway, got on discord with 3 strangers yesterday. We cooperated, had a great experience, made it to veil, and now we're all building mk3 parts.

All you need in an Amesha and the willingness to communicate with others.

4 doesn't work for whatever reason. And slingshot is still the most effective way to get into crewships. Recall out. Literally no reason to fly once intrinsics are high enough.

1 minute ago, Serafim_94 said:

4 doesn't work for whatever reason. And slingshot is still the most effective way to get into crewships. Recall out. Literally no reason to fly once intrinsics are high enough.

4 has been working fine for us. Press it, energy goes to full, just refresh your 1 from now on.

You can slingshot, but we still kill most stuff through archwing.

12 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

My current understanding is that old damage types cause old statuses, the icons just aren't displayed correctly. When I run corrosive, I observe the same kind of accelerating damage output consistent with armor reduction. When I run a different element, that doesn't happen. According to the railjack status list, plasma damage (puncture) is the one that reduces armor. That's staying the same since I keep using the same gun; if it was from that, my mod combo shouldn't matter.

Because the puncture and slash status types were converted to shred armor and amplify damage. Your combo shouldnt matter.

Edited by Skaleek

20 hours ago, Fleuretty said:

It's almost as if you're running a rank 0 frame with modless mk-1 weaponry in a sortie level mission. Stop trying to smash your head into a wall by bringing under-geared railjacks to missions they're not supposed to be able to handle easily and complain that it's too hard. The entire game is literally all about trivializing difficult content with high level mods and weapons, why do people think railjack is any different?

A week or two from now people are gonna be complaining how easy it is to clear T3 railjack missions when the higher-end weaponry finishes research.

I'm sure people are fine getting a challenge eventually. But when you load the very first raijack mission and your ship pretty much constantly gets pounded to core meltdown mode over and over again one minute into the mission and none of your guns deal any significant damage, it sucks. It's like if you started playing warframe and the first node on the starchart was a sortie... That would be stupid. This is why early starchart are easy misisons with low level grineers and very easy objectives.

The very first node in railjack should be an easy mission with few easy ships to destroy. You also probably shouldn't have to repeat the very first mission over and over and over since it's the only node you're able to clear.