Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The reason I like railjack:

Tazrizen

It involves so much more teamwork. Just trying to take down one objective or crew ships always takes a bit of teamwork, keeping the ship dodging and shooting while maintaining health, so on and so forth. Going lone wolf and archwinging it only gets you so far and honestly I like it that way. Granted, I feel like archwings should be a bit more disruptive but there’s room to improve ofc. Great update imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tazrizen said:

It involves so much more teamwork. Just trying to take down one objective or crew ships always takes a bit of teamwork, keeping the ship dodging and shooting while maintaining health, so on and so forth. Going lone wolf and archwinging it only gets you so far and honestly I like it that way. Granted, I feel like archwings should be a bit more disruptive but there’s room to improve ofc. Great update imo.

Yeah I'd like the teamwork too, but my current internet (very rural and cuts on and off) is preventing this from being fun.
But the main reasons you state are some of the reasons people hate it. I feel like a good balance for both solo players and teams should be made. This idea that "Solo is possible but will be very hard" isn't very appealing to a large portion of mostly solo players.

Archwing brings a taste of Payday to Warframe.  Our ability spam won't win us the day out here.  Everyone works in tandem to keep the ship running and bringing down the enemy ships.  Issues like scaling, objective variety, equipment repair costs, people refining everything before spending it on restocking munitions/revolite/domes (you know who you are) still need work, but by and large this is an element of play the game sorely needed.  Of course people are going to be unhappy with it - they're used to spamming a key and basically going AFK because they became untouchable while the other three players were just there to up enemy spawn count.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

35 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Yeah I'd like the teamwork too, but my current internet (very rural and cuts on and off) is preventing this from being fun.
But the main reasons you state are some of the reasons people hate it. I feel like a good balance for both solo players and teams should be made. This idea that "Solo is possible but will be very hard" isn't very appealing to a large portion of mostly solo players.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the command update too.

Hard I'm totally find with.  Keen for even.  This "very hard" though, reading about players parking up behind asteroids or the dev stream comment about getting the thing to make railjack invis and just abandoning it is not appealing.

Happy to wait though 🙂

Edited by GibsonPrime

i dont like pub games. I hate this due to host migrations and lagged hosters....when this happens i see horrrible things, frustrations and rage...

I only will play railjack only if they add something for this players like me. pub games for me is horrible!

Edited by Luciole77

19 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Archwing brings a taste of Payday to Warframe.  Our ability spam won't win us the day out here.  Everyone works in tandem to keep the ship running and bringing down the enemy ships.  Issues like scaling, objective variety, equipment repair costs, people refining everything before spending it on restocking munitions/revolite/domes (you know who you are) still need work, but by and large this is an element of play the game sorely needed.  Of course people are going to be unhappy with it - they're used to spamming a key and basically going AFK because they became untouchable while the other three players were just there to up enemy spawn count.

Idk, DE kinda did this to themselves. They built up the idea that warframes are these all powerful beings in that they can't be killed unless someone steals their oro. So they're undying, unending, and all powerful. Then they want to tone it down? It sends mixed messages really. But yeah some adjustments to make it seem more balanced would help. Compare Earth missions to a new player, still beatable with the weapons they give you, and the quest is mean't to be played alone since you're the lone tenno. Now take railjacks earth missions, even the first one is a hassle to a fresh new Railjack. And that's not even talking about doing it solo. I found the abandon ship method to work best for solo'ing. 
ALTHOUGH! I noticed that even if you park your railjack (for example like I did) 25k meters away, sometimes Enemy ships spawn near it. So there's that.

6 minutes ago, SunsetRain said:

Idk, DE kinda did this to themselves. They built up the idea that warframes are these all powerful beings in that they can't be killed unless someone steals their oro. So they're undying, unending, and all powerful. Then they want to tone it down? It sends mixed messages really. But yeah some adjustments to make it seem more balanced would help. Compare Earth missions to a new player, still beatable with the weapons they give you, and the quest is mean't to be played alone since you're the lone tenno. Now take railjacks earth missions, even the first one is a hassle to a fresh new Railjack. And that's not even talking about doing it solo. I found the abandon ship method to work best for solo'ing. 
ALTHOUGH! I noticed that even if you park your railjack (for example like I did) 25k meters away, sometimes Enemy ships spawn near it. So there's that.

What you're talking about is exactly why the game seems that way for seasoned players but is very difficult for new players. You have everything as a warframe but that took YEARS to do. Railjack is literally the fresh start vets asked for, with now a ton of things to do and a new progression system with mods. After awhile, your experience will get you back to op mode just like the warframes. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb (PS4)GEN-Son_17:

What you're talking about is exactly why the game seems that way for seasoned players but is very difficult for new players. You have everything as a warframe but that took YEARS to do. Railjack is literally the fresh start vets asked for, with now a ton of things to do and a new progression system with mods. After awhile, your experience will get you back to op mode just like the warframes. 

You're misremembering how the game plays for a new player. If Warframe had started out like the first few railjack missions, we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would have quit less than an hour in.

On 2019-12-14 at 6:59 PM, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

The hardest part about it is that right out of the gate level 1 with a fresh virgin railjack, you cant solo it easily without having to hide your railjack. It just seems the enemies are scaled way too hard. 

On 2019-12-15 at 1:04 AM, Krankbert said:

You're misremembering how the game plays for a new player. If Warframe had started out like the first few railjack missions, we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would have quit less than an hour in.

railjacks start now is similar to how a new player experienced the game when it came out of closed beta.

you had no mods, no resources, no tutorial and if you chose loki as your starter (back then loki was a starter frame) you were pretty much boned, since an unranked loki without mods is one of the most useless things ever.

also back then you had to murder you way through a ton of corpus and loot every locker only to walk away with like 50 circuits because resource drops were really low

• Like 1