Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did they add transferences cooldown in railjack

NoblePhantasm

1 minute ago, NoblePhantasm said:

operator mode

Lore-wise, it might be that Transference is wonky on board of Railjacks / near whatever the Hek the Reliquary exactly is,
creating a basis / subtle foreshadowing for, you know, what we saw happening at the end of the TennoCon Railjack demo.

Or it's a spaghetti code issue that somehow copies the Blink cooldown to your Operator, who knows 😄

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NoblePhantasm said:

bfsFFef.png

Only in railjack there is a 3 second cooldown for going into operator mode and another 3 second back into warframe.

Maybe it's meant to stop infinite instant OP healing thanks to Magus Elevate.

Sure it's odd that it's only in the RJ, but maybe it will be applied to the whole game later on if it's intentional.

Edited by Jarriaga

14 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Sure it's odd that it's only in the RJ, but maybe it will be applied to the whole game later on if it's intentional.

Would be kind of pointless if they did add a CD for normal game. People could just use rolling guard as a work around. And it would cause a lot of issues with various things in the focus tree. 

Edited by LazyKnight

16 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

What about arcane repair then? I'm going with spaghetti code

1 minute ago, 2ndPersonPlural said:

It wouldn't have a custom icon and a place in the UI.  That's just not how that kind of glitch happens.

I have never experienced this issue during my missions. Also:

33 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I only seem to get it as a client. So it may or may not be intended.

Everything about it points to a bug.

It only happens to me when i am on someone else's railjack after they invited me to their dojo. The cooldown has been in the game for a long time but only in dojos and relays. I assume it's a bug that doesnt turn off the cooldown after flying into the mission from the dojo.

16 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

I also noticed that Im doing way less damage with my guns and melee or is it just me ?

It's not just guns and melee... Warframe abilities also do less. Or more accurately, they seem to be doing the same damage, but enemies are tougher.

I suggested a while back (among other suggestions) to balance around a point of reduced armor (specifically I said a flat, non scaling amount, so it's functionally flat, percentile EHP like shields) and boosted HP, so that everything is a bit tankier to all sources of damage, but armor doesn't shut out everything that can't status strip past a certain level.

I *think* they might be tinkering around with scaling, and using this mode to test changes, hopefully the wiki gets some updates soon that include railjack enemy stats.

Edited by XaoGarrent

That seems like a bug.

As for the other stuff mentioned, IIRC they said that they intend to use Empyrean as a test environment for scaling/balance changes. Though it would be nice if they informed us about what has been changed.

1 hour ago, XaoGarrent said:

I'm just going to leave this here:

uhb4qo2xeq441.png

Saw them doing far more damage, but put it as some kind of lag issue on the crewships. That 4000% armour and 1500% hp buff on butcher looks like they indeed try a walkaround for lvl armour scaling on grineer - higher base maybe less or different scaling. I am willing to say... finally! 

To be completely honest an operator cd would probably balance crazy opie stuff like elevate, lockdown. For now we need support and cc frames only when something else than our frames needs them cause for ourselves we can do most things better and faster (life on melee is also busted but kinda more fair). If its a cd applied only on certain gamemodes like rj/raids, basically coop, it might help diversify the rooster. I dont know if i like this aproach, but maybe its the only one that can be done with reasonable aproval.