Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack should replace the orbiter

MollAgdeduba

Ok... i really love the new railjack, and i love my orbiter too. But i think they must be merged intoo one single ship.

In this first image i show you from outside railjack, where there could be the "living room" and the "infested room" of our actual orbiter

ship1.png 

The second and third image are taken from the inside and represent where there could be a door for access your "actual orbiter", just like you are going out of the transference room.

ship2.png

ship3.png

So if you have a door here, you could enter in a part of the ship tht is like your actual orbiter; on your left you have the "living quarter" and on your right the "infested room". the hallaway could be exactly like now, and taking one of 2 ramp you arrive in the part of the orbiter where you have the foundry, the arsenal, the incubator, BUT on your head you have no glass (the new glass), cause you are in a lower level of the ship and the hallway don't have at his end the ramp for enter in your upper part of the orbiter (where you have the market and the codex and navigation). Istead of that ramp, you could have the transference room door.

So since now we have a place for everything except the landing craft (upper part of the orbiter with navigation)

In this image i put a circle in the place where there could be the landing craft access. Instead of that column, you coud simply have the "mobile ramp" that leads you to your landing craft, giving access to your actual "upper part".

ship4.png

Note: During the railjack mission both of the door (img 2 & 3) and the ramp (img 4) will be closed and not accessible

--- --- --- --- --- 

Why this idea? Well... i really love the idea of have a big ship, and i love both orbiter and railjack. So, merge the orbiter ship inside the railjack could be really the best idea. Having the big space of the railjack mixed with our home, the orbiter.

Note: If you see the red circle of "image 1", our railjack is structured for smething on left and on right so ther's also nothing to change in the exterior

Plz... comment and share this idea 😃 😃 =).   

Functionally, I think that's already the long-term idea, though due to considerations like decorations I don't think they'll ever ditch the Orbiter entirely in the current game. At most, I think they'll just give you the option instead.

As I said, if there is ever a Warframe 2 (more likely than you think), I expect DE to start with Empyrean 1.1 and go from there.

4 minutes ago, Ayures said:

I think there would be issues with decorating your railjack but still keeping it "functional." Personally I'm fine with it. It does feel odd that we have 3 different ships.

I think the decorations can just automatically "phase" out during combat, in similar manner to weapons with holster visibility checked out.

Edited by KnossosTNC

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Functionally, I think that's already the long-term idea, though due to considerations like decorations I don't think they'll ever ditch the Orbiter entirely in the current game. At most, I think they'll just give you the option instead.

As I said, if there is ever a Warframe 2 (more likely than you think), I expect DE to start with Empyrean 1.1 and go from there.

well... in my idea you attach to the railjack room and hallways for exactly the same space you now have in the orbiter, and you can also decorate them.

I think there would be issues with decorating your railjack but still keeping it "functional." Personally I'm fine with it. It does feel odd that we have 3 different ships.

When i say that in mission you can't access the door and the ramp (img 1 2 and 3) is to avoid useless lag due to ultradecorated ship (so the game simply don't charge those room during mission time) but maybe they become accessible in free space or dojo

Edited by MollAgdeduba
  • Like 1

Off the top of my head, couple things to consider:

• the Railjack is a warship we take into combat
  • the Orbiter is our home and stores everything we have
  • would you take your home base into a fight that could destroy everything?

(yeah yeah it's a game, for our own sake, it probably would not happen, but would it make sense to do so?)

• also, if the two ships were to be merged, that would mean the Railjack should also be able to hold decorations
  • but then I ask you: could you shoot anything if the window was fully decorated with floof plushies? because trust me I'm sure there are mad lads out there who'd do it for the lols
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ayures said:

The railjack interior itself is an area off the space map our warframes warp to.  Same with crewships, galleons, bases, etc.

In theory there should be no issues with decorating it, just that it might cause unnecessary load on some networks and systems.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

2 minutes ago, Aldrr said:

Off the top of my head, couple things to consider:

• the Railjack is a warship we take into combat
  • the Orbiter is our home and stores everything we have
  • would you take your home base into a fight that could destroy everything?

(yeah yeah it's a game, for our own sake, it probably would not happen, but would it make sense to do so?)

• also, if the two ships were to be merged, that would mean the Railjack should also be able to hold decorations
  • but then I ask you: could you shoot anything if the window was fully decorated with floof plushies? because trust me I'm sure there are mad lads out there who'd do it for the lols

Well my point of view is a little different. Yes railjack is warship; the best warship ever been constructed, the multidimensional jewel of the orokin fleet at maximum of theyr greatness. And we are soldier that fight with the ship. 

To the point of wiew of the grineer we are like pirates, commanding the deadliest galleon of the galaxy, and our dojo is the hidden harbour. So it could be sensed if we use in battle a ship where we also live. The captain and his ship.

About decoration i say something and i repeat: to avoid useless lag and troll decoration, the room i proposed (image 2, 3 and 4) doesn't exist during the regular mission. You are in the railjack and the door of image 2 and 3 will stay closed, and the ramp of image 4 will not get down. They will be "downloaded" a the end of the mission, when you come to the dojo or when you go to the "free flight" mode. 

• Like 5

Just now, MollAgdeduba said:

Well my point of view is a little different. Yes railjack is warship; the best warship ever been constructed, the multidimensional jewel of the orokin fleet at maximum of theyr greatness. And we are soldier that fight with the ship. 

To the point of wiew of the grineer we are like pirates, commanding the deadliest galleon of the galaxy, and our dojo is the hidden harbour. So it could be sensed if we use in battle a ship where we also live. The captain and his ship.

Where are you getting all this from?

I don't want to say that this isn't going to happen, but when you ask for such things, remember that orbiter has a lot of stuff for quests, progression and game in general. Second dream, operator room, Lotus hat, syndicates, all that jazz, right? If orbiter is replaced with railjack, then they will need to move all that stuff from orbiter to railjack. Not just move objects, but also move scripts for quests, etc. So it's not like that this won't happen, but this probably will take some time.

Thematically, NO. I see no reason to abandon the old Orbiter. In lore, the Orbiter is a far better defensive home base than a Railjack. And while Railjack is going to be a very big part of Warframe going forward, I don't expect it to be ALL of Warframe. We still have the starchart, and were're going to get another starchart for Tau Ceti. The old missions are still going to be there and the Orbiter is better suited to it than a Railjack

Mechanically, I agree, but from the other way around. In the current system, Railjack is tied to the host's Dojo, and this is creating a matchmaking spaghetti code nightmare. I would much rather the Railjack matchmaking just be tied to the Orbiter like every OTHER mission already does, and leave the Dry Dock for Clan research

So... maybe have the choose, after the completition of railjack quest to stop live in your actual orbiter and start to live in the "orbiter/railjack" i've described before.

This means:

-) You don't lose your actual orbiter, you simply "abandon it" and when you login and/or finish a game, instead of your actual ship, you arrive in the "railjack/orbiter", put this as an option, so you can everytime return back

-) In "railjack-orbiter" you'll have exactly the same room and function of your actual orbiter and you can decorate there

-) Actual room of the orbiter "quest-related" will be locked also on the railjack since quest requirements are meet (infested room, transference room)

-) Decoration (for now) will be allowed ONLY in the room i described that re the same we have on our orbiter

So, logically this proposal is like: "having a car and a roulotte" or "having a camper". Now we are in the first situation: 2 different ship one parked in space and one docked with a big pipe. The second situation is just having 1 ship that is both house and fighter.

1 minute ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Well there's already a transport tube for getting to your railjack from your orbiter.

Right in front of the room to your Operator Throne.

I know... but is not the same as have a door that automatically open. The pipe is just an escamotage cause they are not really connected.

Is like: "dojo and orbiter are connected cause you just press it in the nvigation screen"

10 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Warframe 2 (more likely than you think)

this would either fail or destroy warframe 1
i would not drop everything ive ever put into warframe 1...so much time and money put into the game.. why would i want to play something else?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

The other way around, the liset should replace the railjack. As in, instead of having to babysit this giant hunk of junk you just jump out of your liset, it turns on its void cloak and effectively disappears from the mission until you need to return to it at the end.

You realize you just described standard archwing missions, right?

2 hours ago, Vyra said:

this would either fail or destroy warframe 1
i would not drop everything ive ever put into warframe 1...so much time and money put into the game.. why would i want to play something else?

This was always the tricky part of making a sequel to a live service game; it's why Destiny 2 and The Division 2 took a while to find their feet. This was why, before November this year, I considered DE's little tease about Warframe 2 at the beginning of the year to be just that; a half-serious tease that's long way off or unlikely.

But the announcements of Overwatch 2 and Path of Exile 2 have changed all that. I think we're about to see a new trend of what I'm calling "Expand-quel;" which blurs the line between sequels and expansion packs, giving you access to content of both games, with the eventual goal of merging them into one. Developers do compare notes.

It's going to be a mammoth task, but if Warframe 2 was to happen, that would be the one I think they'll take.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

This was always the tricky part of making a sequel to a live service game; it's why Destiny 2 and The Division 2 took a while to find their feet. This was why, before November this year, I considered DE's little tease about Warframe 2 at the beginning of the year to be just that; a half-serious tease that's long way off or unlikely.

But the announcements of Overwatch 2 and Path of Exile 2 have changed all that. I think we're about to see a new trend of what I'm calling "Expand-quel;" which blurs the line between sequels and expansion packs, giving you access to content of both games, with the eventual goal of merging them into one. Developers do compare notes.

It's going to be a mammoth task, but if Warframe 2 was to happen, that would be the one I think they'll take.

i for myself will stick to warframe 1, i do not play any other games actively.. and its anyway GTA i sometimes play...

i also don't know why people would want a warframe 2 when we can just upgrade 1...
we already have superior movement compared to any other game, our gfx looks awesome, and the stuff we have ingame is also plenty..

what could a different game of warframe possible offer?
to me? nothing...hell when i just think of all the forma i put into my shts and the hard work to get them...