Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Veil Proxima Experience

continue

So! I played my first Veil Proxima mission just now. Some notes:

• Enemies will repeatedly heal to full!
  • This includes Outriders, which are normally dispatched by blowing up their weak points but become nigh unkillable after being healed
  • This doesn't matter because even simple Cutters are impossible to kill, even with rapidfire guns doing 100 damage per shot, while they continue to regen HP
  • We couldn't complete the mission because a door wouldn't open
  • The host sacrificed themselves to allow us to progress, but after we finished destroying the Pulse Turbine, the Shipkiller Platform objective never loaded
  • We lost everything except what we could refine from the Forging Bay
  • In spite of everything, it was occasionally fun, but I can't imagine playing this mode without spending plat to rush mk3 parts
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, continue said:
  • This includes Outriders, which are normally dispatched by blowing up their weak points but become nigh unkillable after being healed
  • This doesn't matter because even simple Cutters are impossible to kill, even with rapidfire guns doing 100 damage per shot, while they continue to regen HP

The enemy can spawn an Amesha-like bubble. It's hard to see if you're in the middle of it, but easy to see from far away. If your enemies start healing, draw them away from it, though I think they keep healing for a short time after leaving it.

I'm still not sure which enemy spawns it (if any) but as soon as I do they're going to become a priority target along with crewships :-P.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, schilds said:

The enemy can spawn an Amesha-like bubble. It's hard to see if you're in the middle of it, but easy to see from far away. If your enemies start healing, draw them away from it, though I think they keep healing for a short time after leaving it.

I'm still not sure which enemy spawns it (if any) but as soon as I do they're going to become a priority target along with crewships :-P.

I don't think it's true. One of two enemies flying close to each other is constantly regenerating, the other can be damaged just fine. How is it possible if they are both in this bubble?

21 minutes ago, Xaero said:

I don't think it's true. One of two enemies flying close to each other is constantly regenerating, the other can be damaged just fine. How is it possible if they are both in this bubble?

If you're saying there is no bubble, that's just incorrect. The bubble is visible.

If you're saying the healing is coming from somewhere else, possibly? It doesn't seem entirely consistent or glitch free. Some things seem to stay in a permanent healing state. Happens a lot with outriders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

If you're saying there is no bubble, that's just incorrect. The bubble is visible.

If you're saying the healing is coming from somewhere else, possibly? It doesn't seem entirely consistent or glitch free. Some things seem to stay in a permanent healing state. Happens a lot with outriders.

Outriders have this mechanic where shooting anywhere but the weak points is going to take a long, long time to kill it, to the point that their health bar doesn't even budge when not shooting at weak points.

Of course, there's also the small glitch of fighters being constantly healed and outpacing damage even with nothing else to suggest that it's healing it.

Edited by Renegade343

I did one run in Veil solo today as well, and my conclusion: I need more firepower, my starting weapons are finally feeling weak. But even so, I cleared both objectives, murdered 6 crewships and killed 59/90 fighters before I ran out of Cubics to make more omni. The missions were doable, but just like the serious lack of Pustrels in Saturn and Earth Proxima, there's a serious lack of Cubics in Veil, so, that's gonna be interesting to deal with, I suppose. But I guess I'm looking forward to doing it once the RNG blesses me with some Mark 2 weapons that I can use.

16 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Of course, there's also the small glitch of fighters being constantly healed and outpacing damage even with nothing else to suggest that it's healing it.

Once I saw the bubble and pulled enemies away from it, never had a permanently healing enemy since. Only problem is with outriders since they can heal up before you shoot all their mines off, and then hang around with no mines left to shoot.

But whatever, maybe I'm hallucinating.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

I did one run in Veil solo today as well, and my conclusion: I need more firepower, my starting weapons are finally feeling weak. But even so, I cleared both objectives, murdered 6 crewships and killed 59/90 fighters before I ran out of Cubics to make more omni. The missions were doable, but just like the serious lack of Pustrels in Saturn and Earth Proxima, there's a serious lack of Cubics in Veil, so, that's gonna be interesting to deal with, I suppose. But I guess I'm looking forward to doing it once the RNG blesses me with some Mark 2 weapons that I can use.

Doable? Yes. Hoping that your kill rate and resource drops can sustain the frequency of catastrophic failure fixes? Not so fun.

And I completed the first mission of Veil solo finally, after getting MKII weapons and MKII components.

The only question I have regarding enemy healing is when it stops. It doesn't seem to be the moment they leave the bubble. It seems to operate like Oberon's renewal.

1. They start healing when they enter the healing zone.
  2. They stop healing a short time after they move away from the healing zone. Either the healing:
  • Has some duration before it expires, or
  • Is linked to the bubble and expires when the bubble expires.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

Doable? Yes. Hoping that your kill rate and resource drops can sustain the frequency of catastrophic failure fixes? Not so fun.

Yeah. Here's hoping they do something about that, cause it would be a shame for such a great game mode to die on the back of not respecting players' time. I know increasing Pustrels and Cubics drop rates will just render the missions unfailable, so I hope they can come up with something that makes it so you can still fail missions, but so that the failure has nothing to do with how RNG treats you.

9 minutes ago, Renegade343 said:

after getting MKII weapons and MKII components.

Lucky! I'm just gonna wait for the clan research to finish and use the Mark 1s from there to farm the Zakti Mark 2s that I need for veil, no point in wasting my resources on the Zakti Mark 1s, especially when the requirements are so high.

Edited by Gabbynaru

vor 18 Stunden schrieb continue:

In spite of everything, it was occasionally fun, but I can't imagine playing this mode without spending plat to rush mk3 parts

1st: Why? Railjack was just released... chill.
No need to complete it within the 1st week.

2nd: Enemies are only healed while within a healing zone.
Your pilot just should try to navigate around those.

3rd: I agree there are some buggy issues with missions.
Sadly, you cannot do a thing here. Wait for DE to fix this. Like in my 1st, chill.

31 minutes ago, schilds said:

The only question I have regarding enemy healing is when it stops. It doesn't seem to be the moment they leave the bubble. It seems to operate like Oberon's renewal.

1. They start healing when they enter the healing zone.
  2. They stop healing a short time after they move away from the healing zone. Either the healing:
  • Has some duration before it expires, or
  • Is linked to the bubble and expires when the bubble expires.

Your always saying that there's a bubble, but I don't see anyone talking about this, if you have a screenshot it would help

13 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Your always saying that there's a bubble, but I don't see anyone talking about this, if you have a screenshot it would help

Go verify it yourself. I'm not trying to "win" some argument here.

Let's get something straight. You not believing me has no impact on me*. It will only impact your ability to do Veil missions. That's YOUR problem, not mine.

* Other than getting a little annoyed :-P.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, schilds said:

Go verify it yourself. I'm not trying to "win" some argument here.

Let's get something straight. You not believing me has no impact on me*. It will only impact your ability to do Veil missions. That's YOUR problem, not mine.

Drop the attitude, I asked because I'm still on Earth & I don't intend to rush

3 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

You mean the weapons that take 3 days to research? lol, I'm doing my missions with my Archwing for now

No... The ones that are instantly finished already. When you fabricate, it is instant.

The MK-1s take 3 days to research. But there are variants before that that you can simply fabricate!

Edited by Midas

1 minute ago, Midas said:

No... The ones that are instantly finished already. When you fabricate, it is instant.

The MK-1s take 3 days to research. But there are variants before that that you can simply fabricate!

Oh...

I thought those were the ones already equipped on my Railjack for some reason, I'm feeling stupid now