Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, mining is NOT fun.

(PSN)TheThirdLie

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

No it isn't. I started out going for prefects since it will increase how many you get, WHEN you get them. I switched to quick when nothing was being given. Out of all the beins I hit, only three actually awarded pustrels.

And were you mining around enemy camps?

Edited by Jiminez_Burial

1 minute ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

No it isn't. I started out going for prefects since it will increase how many you get, WHEN you get them. I switched to quick when nothing was being given. Out of all the beins I hit, only three actually awarded pustrels.

I've done the railjack farm twice. Once for myself, then again with my friend. I got all the pustrels I needed in less than 15 minutes, without a booster or a kavat. The cave at the lake with the geyser. Quick mine blue ore to make it go away, mine red ore as best as you can. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

That's a poor solution.

If your problem is you need pustrels, and Copernics to make your railjack, and you hate mining it is the correct solution. You can legitimatly get a couple thousand of each in a single mission once Empyrean drops and you can't use the ship for anything until then anyway... you can't even color it. It is 100% useless until the update the only reason to build it ahead of time is so you can host missions right away.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

They know, that's why they make you do it. They want you to buy a booster to get it over with quicker. Welcome to free-to-play.

Or they just want to encourage people giving mining/fishing a chance.  Some of us like doing it.  Apart from getting your Railjack prepared for Empyrean prior to its release, you aren't required to mine/fish at all.  Thumpers/Exploiter Orb drop the resources and you can skip the NW challenges entirely.

• Like 2

Anyone else finding copernics in the void?  Right after I finished farming the 120 from Vallis I was farming argon crystals and got over 30 coperics in 2 different drops, I believe from crates (though I was spamming desecrate, so not sure)

Saw nothing in the wiki about it before farming them, so anyone in need of copernics not wanting to mine maybe try void survival since you'll need 15 argon crystals anyway.

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

DE: hey you have to do this activity to make a ship

also DE: or you could leech a mission to gather all the resources and now you are done

Don't leech on railjack, those missions are really brutal until you've upgraded your ship so if you are popping into the first Earth Proxima node to leech that is super not cool.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

That's a poor solution.

"I'm having a hard time farming X material and I hate doing it this way."
"Later on you will have an easier time farming X material in a different way and in larger amounts."

"That's not good enough."

????????????

9 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

"I'm having a hard time farming X material and I hate doing it this way."
"Later on you will have an easier time farming X material in a different way and in larger amounts."

"That's not good enough."

????????????

It's not hard, its tedious AF. It's not fun in any way, shape, or form. Who honestly logs into WF and thinks to themselves, "gee, I want to go shoot rocks!" No one. It is a terrible part of this game and the fact that you are forced to do it just proves so.

The first two resources let you play the game, almost any mission type, and you could get them. This doesn't let you do anything, but literally shoot rocks. Shoot. Rocks. 

And when the solution is to let others do the work for you, yeah, it sucks even more. I suck at Tridolons, but I don't do them and just hang out while everyone else does the work. Why would I here?

Edited by (PS4)Q7XR2-75B

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Q7XR2-75B said:

It's not hard, its tedious AF. It's not fun in any way, shape, or form. Who honestly logs into WF and thinks to themselves, "gee, I want to go shoot rocks!" No one. It is a terrible part of this game and the fact that you are forced to do it just proves so.

The first two resources let you play the game, almost any mission type, and you could get them. This doesn't let you do anything, but literally shoot rocks. Shoot. Rocks. 

And when the solution is to let others do the work for you, yeah, it sucks even more. I suck at Tridolons, but I don't do them and just hang out while everyone else does the work. Why would I here?

It does suck 

Non combat activities have a place in this game, but DE makes the players spend to much time on it. There's a balance to be had. Instead of how it is now, they could simple make loot 10 crates ten times rarer, but provide ten times the amount of mats. In fact, that would make other non combat activities feel more rewarding as well.

1 hour ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Or they just want to encourage people giving mining/fishing a chance.  Some of us like doing it.  Apart from getting your Railjack prepared for Empyrean prior to its release, you aren't required to mine/fish at all.  Thumpers/Exploiter Orb drop the resources and you can skip the NW challenges entirely.

Encouraging people to give it a try? That's what the Nightwave act is for. That's like five minutes of mining once a month, which is just about the correct tolerable amount.

Radical idea they had, this option of going out and having to hunt down and earn the resources we need to build stuff. 🤪

Personally I like the change of pace that comes with mining or fishing, especially if its while I'm working towards something. Games like Diablo 3 irked me no end because there was precious little crafting involved

• Like 4